z

Young Writers Society

Upon Your Love

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue May 17, 2011 12:42 pm
Jalmoc says...

I got bored during English class. Lol. We were watching Romeo and Juliet, so I decided to write a short romance. :P Enjoy!!

Upon Your Love

Laughter echoed through the woods as I chased you. Both of us were reckless, running through the woods at night without shoes, feeling the moist Earth beneath our feet. You broke through the treeline into a hidden meadow where the fireflies fluttered here and there.

Finally, I caught up to you and put my arm around your waist, tripping over air. We both tumbled to the ground, I on top of you. Your eyes glittered as I looked upon them, reflecting the light of the fireflies.

Reaching up, I brush the hair from your eyes away and put my forehead against yours. I could feel my heartbeat hammering against yours. The sweet scent of flowers ascend from you, matching the aroma surrounding us from the meadow.

You smiled at me and push me off, laughing as you run to the far side of the meadow. I smiled and chased after you, feeling happier than I had ever been in my life. You ran into the midst of the fireflies, joining them in their everlasting, enchanting dance.

Mesmerized by the motions you did, i gazed as an angel smiled at me. You held out your hand to me, offering me salvation, sanctuary, and love. Without hesitation, i grasped your hand and pulled you to me, wrapping my hand around your waist.

Gently, I leaned in next to your face. Your heartbeat quickened, breathing became unsteady, and held on to me tighter. I moved my face next to your ear.

“I love you my angel.” I whispered upon your ear. You moved your face to meet mine and embraced our lips in a everlasting kiss.

The fireflies rose around us, and I never left your side....
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue May 17, 2011 2:24 pm
TwistedMuffins says...

Hey Jalmoc!

That. Was. Amazing!
I didn't know one could write so well, with so much emotion and thought without actually feeling such love!
So, my big question. Have you felt such love? :P

Ha, okay, back to business. I found some minor mistakes:
(i) In the last paragraph, your " i "s need to be capital.
(ii)
Gently, I leaned in next to your face.
I'm not sure about this, I mean, I guess I could be wrong, but that sentence didn't seem to fit in for me :/

Other than those two, I love it!
Oh! This line :
You ran into the midst of the fireflies, joining them in their everlasting, enchanting dance.

Simple. Nice. Obivous.

Well Done!
If I were to have a super power, it would be to time-travel, so that I could turn back time, and erase your very existence.

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Tue May 17, 2011 2:28 pm
GeeLyria says...

Hi there, Wesmoc! :) Look at you, all romantic and everything! xD Anyways, I'm here to review... or somethin' like that. Your writing is amazing. This story was so cute, I really like it. That's what Romeo & Juliet do to people! >.> I'll never watch it. NEVER EVER! D8 Lol.

Jalmoc wrote:I got bored during English class. Lol. We were watching Romeo and Juliet, so I decided to write a short romance. :P Enjoy!!

At least they didn't make you read it... or did they? :lol: Okay, okay... I'll start my review now. =.= xD

Nitpicks:

Jalmoc wrote:Laughter echoed through the woods as I chased you. Both of us were reckless, running through the woods at night without shoes, feeling the moist Earth beneath our feet.
The word "wood" sounds repetitive, I would change one of them by something else. -Something I can't think about right now- :lol:

Jalmoc wrote:Finally, I caught up to you and put my arm around your waist, tripping over air.
Niiiiceeee... :)

Jalmoc wrote:Mesmerized by the motions you did, i gazed as an angel smiled at me.
"I" should be uppercase. D8 Lol.

Jalmoc wrote: Without hesitation, i grasped your hand and pulled you to me, wrapping my hand around your waist.

Same.

Jalmoc wrote:“I love you my angel.” I whispered upon your ear.

There should be a comma after "you" and that period in red should be a comma too. :)

Jalmoc wrote: You moved your face to meet mine and embraced our lips in a everlasting kiss.
The fireflies rose around us, and I never left your side....

D'awwwww... that was a sweet ending. xD

Great job! Keep writing!

~Solvy<3
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Hey there, Jalmoc! I'm Walker, here with a review, so I hope you don't mind!

Nit-Picks:

Spoiler! :
Finally, I caught up to you and put my arm around your waist, tripping over air. We both tumbled to the ground, I on top of you. Your eyes glittered as I looked upon them, reflecting the light of the fireflies.

We get a lot of 'I did this. You did that. I tripped over air. We tumbled down.' Its very boring and 2D compared to something a little more rounded. Maybe try to get some imagery and emotion in there!

I smiled and chased after you, feeling happier than I had ever been in my life.

This line is kind of boring?

Mesmerized by the motions you did, i gazed as an angel smiled at me.

'i' should be capitalized.

Without hesitation, i grasped your hand and pulled you to me, wrapping my hand around your waist.

Again, 'i' should be capitalized.

That and, like the entire piece, you keep repeating words to the point of them getting rather annoying to look at. Here, you have hands twice. In other parts, it was the constant mentioning of fireflies or the meadow and what not. Try to think of other words. Stretch your diction out. Dont just stick to a relatively alright for speaking vocabulary and start putting forth a stronger one.

Overall:

Every writer gets the urge to just write something happy and giddy. Something that doesn't have to do with conflict or bad happening. They don't want to write about flaws or character or anything that really makes a story a story, so they write small, tid-bits that no one ever sees nor do they really care about.

I don't want to be rude, but this is that kind of piece.

To be completely honest with you, as cute and romantic as this was, there was no plotline, so-to-speak, and there was no real building with this. We got from the first line what we got from the last. There was nothing gained, nothing learned. Everything was pretty much blatant and boring in that sense.

So, make this apart of something if you want to keep it. Don't post something as a short story that does not have any story elements but use it in a much larger story! Like this could be the end of something, or the beginning before things go wrong! We, as writers, do get to have that happy moment at the end if we so choose. We get to write the fun giddy things but we can't just write that and expect people to treat it as a short story, ne?

So I thought this was cute and very romantic, but in all honesty, I didn't much care for the idea of it being called a short story. I'm sure you can see that for yourself.

~Walker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed May 18, 2011 1:00 pm
jedigeek says...

ThIs is a really good story, I really liked it There is a just a few capitalization
Mistake though and some grammatical stuff

We both tumbled to the ground, I on top of you.This sound wierd to me it sounds like it should be "I landed on top of you" or something like that

You smiled at me and push me off,Push should be pushed

i gazed as an angel smiled at me. The I needs to be capitalized

Yeah so jut few thing you need to fix but it was really good
Having friend is like peeing your pants, every one can see it but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Wed May 18, 2011 11:39 pm
freewritersavvy says...

This was so pretty!

I am a conflict person myself, however this painted a beautiful picture in my mind! (A pleasant change to the sadness of late...)

I quite enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.
~FW~
http://www.isiseiyr.com
~When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. ~ George Carver

Writing...they claim it is a dangerous occupation... 'they' have no idea!

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:36 pm
pandaapple38 says...

You write with such feeling! I loved this! Your seriosly talented, keep up the great work!
''Love is the Weapon.''

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:26 am
Haylie says...

You have a lot of feeling in what you write, however it didn't really engage me much.
You could perhaps say the smells of the surroundings in your story, or you could use touch more in your story, or any other senses. Wasnt quite there, could do improvement.

Love Haylie ♥♀♥

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell