z

Young Writers Society

He Had One of Those Noses

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat May 28, 2011 7:09 pm
thatoddkid says...

[DELETED]
Last edited by thatoddkid on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat May 28, 2011 7:15 pm
thatoddkid says...

[DELETED]
Last edited by thatoddkid on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Sat May 28, 2011 7:33 pm
View Likes
Sassykat says...

Gyaaah! Why am I crying! This was so amazing! Yes, It was cliche, yes it was predictable, and yes it was....fantastic. You did an amazing job. Just one question: If she was so unsure one minute, for so long, knowing he was going to ask, what happened when she was suddenly so blubbery and bawly, sure she loved him? Just in my opinion, she might have taken longer to realize she did love him after all.

Other than that, it was just amazing. Great, wonderful, sweet, fantastic, tsao-sauce work. :-D
Shakespearian tongue-twister:

To sit in solemn silence
In a dark, dank dock
In a pestilential prison
With a lifelong lock;
Awaiting the sensation
Of a short, sharp shock
Of a cheap, chippy chopper
On a big black block.

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Sat May 28, 2011 7:52 pm
View Likes
StoryWeaver13 says...

I don't like romances (they're riddled with melodrama and cliche) and I have no clue what compelled me to read this. But actually, I wasn't too disappointed. This was well-written, which is something that this genre typically lacks because it's usually written by angst-ridden teenagers. I felt like there was some honesty in your characters and their reactions, and to tear apart the "ugh" moments would honestly probably take away what romance writing pretty much is, and that's a bunch of "ugh" moments. Dang, I know I'm stepping on some toes with this review. Okay, so the pros: this was well-written, sweet, and it's kind of cool to see a guy go out and write a romance. I'm a girl and usually can't stand to write them because mine are so low-quality, so good job.
Keep writing,
StoryWeaver
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

Random avatar

Reviews: 126
Sat May 28, 2011 9:19 pm
View Likes
Ignatius5453 says...

I wasn't a huge fan of where it was going until the end, the twist really won me over. It was well written though, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed reading it, just the type of story not really my taste.
Flightplan 49

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun May 29, 2011 12:55 am
View Likes
EmilyofREL says...

This is so sad...But I'm confused. Did they hit each other? why was he on his way to the airport? Did I miss something? This has a lot of potential, just add a little explanation here and there. I like some vagueness, but this is just a little unclear. I do like the title and the opening paragraph. Cute and tugs at the helpless romantic part of my heart (which is a huge part by the way)
Formerly EmilytheNovelist
REL stands for Rachel, Emily, Lauren, the initials of my triplet sisters and I
“I wish my stove came with a Save As button like Word has. That way I could experiment with my cooking and not fear ruining my dinner.
”

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Sun May 29, 2011 10:37 am
View Likes
xDudettex says...

Hey there!

I think you did a wonderful job on this. You write with such an ease that it makes it a joy to read. None of it comes across as forced which makes all of it - the desciptions, dialogue - even more realistic.

I've noticed from reading your work that your writing excels when you write a scene packed with emotion. This is awesome, because it means the writer goes through all of the emotions with your character, rather than just reading about what your character is going through and not really caring that much.

I think the ending was great - even though it was so sad. I think the little twist was great - I honestly thought it had been her that had been hit and, when you described her getting up out of the chair, I thought it was her soul leaving her body. That could just be me and my overactive imagination and reading too much into things, but it made the real ending - when we find out it's Cole in the hospital bed - even more heart-renching.

I do agree that the ending is a little abrupt. You do such a great job of decribing her emotions after the break-up, but at the end, it just seems a little flat in comparision. You don't have to have her completely freak out, but a little more of her thoughts/feelings, would help to push the reader even further to tears.

I hope this helps!

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.
— Winston Churchill