z

Young Writers Society

Everyday I Miss You More

Reviews: 1
Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:32 pm
Flo says...

Dear Florestan,

It's been a year: A year since I met you. A year since I kissed you. A year since I left you...

We met on a cruise, in the summer of 2010. Hopes were high and people were just living for the moment. I remember the exact moment I first laid eyes on you. We were at a pool party: The dance floor filled with golden skin and smiling faces, dancing bodies and ice drinks. I was sitting alone, sipping on a gin and tonic, when I noticed you watching me. Just watching. I swear I could've swam in those deep blue eyes for eternity. But you came over to me and introduced yourself, your foreign-English singing to me your name: Florestan Fischer. Your Swiss accent was beautiful, the way your lips moved when you spoke was enchanting, and the way you guided me out of the crowd with your hand on my back will forever make me feel safe.

The first night we kissed replays in my mind day after day, constantly reminding me of what I left behind... It happened on the front of the ship. The night water reflecting the moons iridescent glow, as we talked and laughed. Your arm was around me, keeping me warm from the oceans breeze. Our lips softly met, your arms engulfing me and holding me tightly. It was the most beautiful and romantic moment of my life. Up until then at least..

We met each night after then. We'd go to the bar or go dancing or just look at the stars for hours on end. It was perfect. You introduced me to your friends and family. I felt so at home, so at ease. Like I really belonged there. Like I really belonged with you..

But people say that what makes a true romance, is the pain and sadness. Not the love.

On the very last night of the cruise, it was time to say good bye. You had to go back to Switzerland, back to your life. And I had to go back to mine. We took one last stroll around the cruise ship, hand in hand. You kissed me under the stars for the last time. It somehow felt different this time, everything we did felt different: as though the dread of going home was constantly in our minds. You lead me to my room, sadness filling your eyes. We were both holding it together, not wanting to show the other one how painful this moment would be. We kissed, for the longest time. Then you turned and walked out of my life. I'm crying now, as I write this, and I was crying then, as I watched you leave...

I've met many men since you, Florestan. I've kissed a few and almost felt love. But nothing compares to my time on that ship. Nothing compares to your enchanting voice or your warming smile or your loving touch. Nothing compares to you. And I don't think anything ever will.

It's been a year: A year since I met you. A year since I kissed you. A year since I left you... But everyday I miss you more.

Forever yours,
Flo
Last edited by Flo on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:06 pm
TheCrimsonQuill says...

Let me just say I loved everything about this.
I adored the way you explained things. It wasn't in detail, but that didn't seem to matter, because emotion was pouring out of this piece.
I can't wait to hear more from you!
Keep writing
No, sir. I am not crazy. I just have a vast amount of beautiful imagination.

Spoiler! :
Imprisoned beneath is where the souless dwell.
Lies a place that the damned call home.
A place where the virtuous hide in fear.
A place we only see in our nightmares.
A place where the sun is silent...
- Alesana

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:14 pm
IsItLove says...

That was beautiful. Parts of it reminded me of Titanic: the romantic part, not the ship sinking, everyone dying part! I really enjoyed it, you could tell it came from the heart.

Only a few parts I would change:
Just watching.. I swear I could've swam in those deep blue eyes for eternity.

I don't like the ".." here, I would changing it for a full stop or a comma. But if you want to keep it you need to add in another . to make it '...'.
cool, ice drinks.

I wouldn't add both cool and ice, it sounds weird, they are too similar.

Thats all! It was truly amazing, I loved reading every moment of it. It was filled with emotion and your writing is fantastic! Can't wait to read more. Xxx
Passion for writing make all the difference; it turns a good novel into a great one.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:38 pm
Priceless says...

Hey there,
This was really sweet. It sounded like it was written from the heart.

A year since I left you...

Ellipses suck. Avoid them as much as possible in a story. Just use full stops.

Your Swiss accent was beautiful, the way your lips moved when you spoke was enchanting (remove the comma) and the way you guided me out of the crowd with your hand on my back will forever make me feel safe.

Something that I think would make it better, make a little more interesting, was if you added a memory or a nickname that he used to call her or vice versa. It would make it more special and I think it would show them as a couple better, and the reader would care more. That's all, and yeah, eliminate the ellipses. Apart from that it was great and flowed well. Nicely done :)
We're all a little weird. And life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42