z

Young Writers Society

Falling in Love.....

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:05 pm
NaNoWriter16 says...

I am writing a story and it's about me and this guy and how we came to like each other and date(we haven't dated yet, we only met last March, but we really like each other). I need help on what it feels like to kiss and feel love. Any help would be appreciated!
~A man's heart is his greatest weapon, and love laughs at locks and keys~

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:27 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Generally you gain experience by, well, experiencing it, witnessing it, absorbing it, licking it (kidding) etc. No one can tell you what exactly it's like to love. You have to find out yourself. It's your story, don't let us write it for you. You can also take everything you've read, heard, seen, etc on love and morph it into your own work. I've never personally fallen in love but I've written a few stories on that topic.

Go for it; experiment. Don't tell us to write your story for you! D: It'd ruin the fun.
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

204 Reviews

Reviews: 204
Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:15 pm
View Likes
crescent says...

I've struggled with the same issue writing, as I too, have not been in a relationship before. But, like peanutgallery says, you gain experience by experiencing. If you like this guy a ton right now, isn't it like "love". How do you define love? Is love when someone goes out of their way to do something for you or eat your face off?

For the kissing, use your imagination. Or you can always skip over these parts and describe the emotions that you think you'd feel. You're a writer for heaven's sake. Writers often write things about stuff they haven't done before.

Watch the couples at your school.
Please take care to use good grammar when making a post!

"grammer" 1519 matches on YWS *twitches*

Rydia is the ruler of the world. :(

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:50 am
theotherone says...

I always picture the scene in my head, imagine the guy before me, touching and kissing me. I write what I feel afterwards, and add some details about how the whole thing looks to the MC. Like the others say, I can't really say anything about how love's supposed to feel and whatever else because well... I don't quite understand it myself even though all that I write is about love in a way. I've fallen in love a couple of times, and what I've got to say about it is incredibly tacky. The butterflies, the way I can't stop thinking about him... It's true and even though it's in all the love stories you can write it in a way that makes it your own. I wrote about kissing way before I even got my first kiss, which was horrible and not at all like I had written before. You just have to imagine it, and it's human nature, so chances are you'll get it right. ;)

It's a great idea to watch the couples you know interact and cuddle. It'll give you ideas and inspiration.

Hope it helped and good luck! :)

-Other One
Behind every mask, lies a man that can't live in his own skin. - Woe is Me <3
Need a reviewer? I don't bite, I promise. :) ---> viewtopic.php?f=188&t=76466

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.
— Patrick Star