z

Young Writers Society

Journey Into the North Discussion Thread (Old 4T thread)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:07 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I made a seperate list in the Summary thread. I like your character profile summary better ;).

Go ahead and post it over there and I'll get rid of mine.

Also, I like how you (Firestarter) noticed the jewel Alden had. It's got a little history, which would deepen Alden's character tremendously.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:19 am
Firestarter says...

I actually liked your list better!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:22 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Oh, well then I'll just keep things as they are.

Kudos for making a list! Great idea, wrong thread!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:10 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:*Just a reminder Sab, this storybook is rated PG-13, and BS is on the strong side.*

The room had become very cold and quiet.

The guards had shifted from an ornamental position to a defensive position. The guards were professionals, trained to sacrifice their lives for the life of their King.

Alden wished he had his claws back, it would make things so much easier. He had to do something, or the elf would most certainly get killed. If Alden knew anything about elves, it was that they never died alone. This one looked tougher than the elves he knew. Fortunately, he didn't have to do anything.

"Valin, do not let your pride cloud your judgement," A quiet voice rumbled. Alden turned to see that the Templar had said this. Valin appeared to blanche, he saw the guards and something Alden hadn't noticed before, the archers in the arrow slits.

"My apologies Your Grace, the last time I bowed before a King, he betrayed me. I don't wish to repeat any part of that experience," Valin said.

This time, the King blanched. An advisor came up to his side and whispered into his ear. There was a hushed silence as the King listened to his advisor. Finally, he spoke.

"Your remark, Heir of the Elves, reflects well on the caution of the Elves as a whole. I hope you will not confuse me for my relatives six generations before," the King said finally. He nodded to the Announcer to continue. The guards relaxed and Valin stepped back.

Does this match your characters Sab and Hunter? I want to get on the same page with you guys.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:19 am
Jiggity says...

Didn't know I needed permission, but if you guys don't mind, my sturdy dwarf shall enter the fray.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:20 am
sabradan says...

Well, except that Valin has never bowed before a king. He was a mere baby when his parents were killed and raised by his Aunt and Uncle and has for the past 200 or so years (about 5 or so years by Human standards) has roamed around the realm as a rogue/merc/sell-sword/assassin/jack of all trades/etc and a drunkard.
Everything else is on.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:49 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Jiggity wrote:Didn't know I needed permission, but if you guys don't mind, my sturdy dwarf shall enter the fray.

You're more than welcome. DQ asked me to do his post, so I'd thought I'd say so.

Well, except that Valin has never bowed before a king. He was a mere baby when his parents were killed and raised by his Aunt and Uncle and has for the past 200 or so years (about 5 or so years by Human standards) has roamed around the realm as a rogue/merc/sell-sword/assassin/jack of all trades/etc and a drunkard.

Well, maybe he lied?

I like to think he had an innocent period, but that might be the romantic in me.

Hunter, how'd Seraph go?

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:30 am
Ego says...

If we're assuming Valin and Seraph know eac other, then it works. otherwise h would be very much hostile to Valin.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:52 am
sabradan says...

Hunter wrote:If we're assuming Valin and Seraph know eac other, then it works. otherwise h would be very much hostile to Valin.

yes.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

576 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:56 am
Ego says...

yes, to...the hostility? or yes they know each other?
Got YWS? I do.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:11 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Maybe both?

576 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:25 am
Ego says...

I did a bit of both--i also made a reference to the Four Treasures storyline, and made it thirty years later chronologically. Hope that works.
Got YWS? I do.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:05 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

As to which fork in the road do we take:

I'm thinking that we could either take the Left fork, maybe rescue some straggling pioneers who are being ambushed by robbers. If you want to split up though, it might be fun to get a little race going.

I'm going to leave that up to Hunter.

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:17 pm
misspriss says...

I'd like to create a person in your story and if you let me be in it I promise to be commited. I get on almost every day. I'd really love to be in it...

576 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:28 pm
Ego says...

Feel free. :) Read the rules and make a character!
Got YWS? I do.

u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper