z

Young Writers Society

Isabelle

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:00 am
lonewolf says...

This is a script for a horror movie me and my friends tried and failed to make. we only failed coz the actors were always busy on weekends.

Scene one

Characters:
Isabelle (five years old) and her mother. Also, a young, male ghost who only Isabelle can see.

Isabelle skips down a dirt path through forest carrying a toy lamb and singing Mary had a little lamb. Mother follows from a distance. Half way down the path ghost boy steps out from behind a tree and smiles at her.

Isabelle; hi!

Isabelle smiles and they hold hands and skip down the path to the park together. They chase each other across the playground laughing then sit on the ground and have a ‘tea party’ (Isabelle puts twigs (food) on leaves (plates))

Isabelle; one for you, (puts twig on Ghost boy’s leaf), and one for me, (puts twig on her own leaf.)

Mother glances at watch in background.

Mother; time to go home, Isabelle.

Ghost boy whispers something in Isabelle’s ear.
Isabelle; (angry) but I don’t want to go home
Mother; come on. Isabelle. Let’s go.

[i]Mother takes Isabelle’s hand and Isabelle bashes her head in with a rock)Isabelle’s mother is dead on the ground. Ghost boy disappears. Isabelle’s expression changes from angry to frightened.

Isabelle; mummy? Mummy? She shakes her mothers shoulder.

Isabelle screams and runs down onto the grass, trips over, hits her head and is then motionless.

Scene 2

Characters: Isabelle, her father, a doctor and ghost boy

Isabelle is lying in a hospital bed with heaps of wires and stuff. The doctor is talking to the father and Ghost boy is behind the door blending in the shadows)/i]

Doctor; it appears that your wife was mugged and your daughter got scared and ran away. She tripped and hit her head, slipping into a deep, irreversible coma. I am sorry for your loses.
Father; I haven’t lost her yet.

[i]Camera zooms up on Isabelle’s closed eye.

Scene 3

Characters: Isabelle (now 13), her father, a doctor

Eye. Eye opens. Zooms out. Isabelle slowly sits up, looks around and picks up a thirteenth birthday card from the bedside table. She puts it back. She feels the lenght of her her hair and legs. She pulls wires off self (beeping starts), stands up and walks out the door. Dad and doctor run past and into room.
Dad; She’s gone!
Doctor; People don’t just wake up form a coma like that, she must have been kidnapped!
Isabelle; (was standing at door the whole time) I’m right here.
Dad hugs Isabelle.
Dad; I knew you’d pull through.
Isabelle: Who are you?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Hey lonewolf! Welcome to YWS! :D

Your script is a little short and rather disconnected, which may explain why your filming was interrupted constantly! Try lengthening it up and giving it more content. Why does this little ghost boy like her? Why does she suddenly go evil? Why is her father so oblivious?

So just expand on some of those questions and it'll seem a lot more fuller and more important.

Good luck and have fun rewriting your script! :D I always loved a good ghost story.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:49 am
lonewolf says...

you find out the answers to all those questions later on, i just need to finish editing and submit the rest of it :D

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:26 pm
cheez_burger says...

Wow. I want to be an actor here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheez!
The Best way to see the future is to create it.If you want to be happy, be.
Life if not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314