z

Young Writers Society

Eradication (Scene Five)

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon May 31, 2010 4:29 pm
Vasticity says...

This is my least favorite scene from the whole thing, so I need any helpful critiques.

ERADICATION (Scene Five)

(We fade in from black to Marc Green, who is reading a newspaper. Corey suddenly sits down across the table from him. Marc looks up from his paper, and stares at Corey for a moment)

MARC:
Can I help you, sir?

COREY:
Listen closely, cause I don't have much time to explain this. My name is Corey Smythe. Two days ago, I saw the man who committed the triple homicide.

MARC:
In the town over?

COREY:
Yes. He looked me right in the eye, and then came after me. He's tracking my every move, with intentions to kill me.

MARC:
Well, W-w-what do you want with me?

COREY:
I need a place to hide. A place he doesn't know. That's why I came to this town in the first place, but he'll be here soon, I suspect. I need to cover my tracks and find a place to hide out, just for a day, until he leaves.

MARC:
(Stammering)
I can't do this. It's too much on my shoulders.

COREY:
Please.

(We cut to a close-up of Marc, staring at Corey)

COREY:
If I can't find a place to hide, he'll murder me in 2 hours, tops.

(Marc hesitates, shakes his head, and rubs his eyes)

MARC:
...Okay.

(We cut to a door, from the inside of a house. Marc and Corey suddenly appear in the door's window. Marc pulls a key from his pocket, puts it in the lock, and opens the door)

MARC:
Well, this is it.

(They both walk past the camera. We cut to the two walking into the living room of Marc's house)

COREY:
Do you live alone?

MARC:
Yes.

(Marc sits down in front of his computer, and starts typing something. Corey takes a seat, then looks around the house. Then, Marc spins around in his chair, and Corey looks at him)

MARC:
So, now that we're alone and you've got some time to spare... what's the whole story?
And the angel said unto him, “stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself.” But lo, he could not stop, for the angel was hitting him with his own hands.

WHAT'S UP, POTATOES?
— Rudy (Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality)