z

Young Writers Society

How did everyone do?

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:57 am
lilymoore says...

With NaNo over, you all must want to gloat, right?

I finished with 50127 and it was an actual ending!!! How about everyone else?
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:24 am
IsebellaLynnette says...

52,221. ;)
But I did win on my first year! The torment is over!

I ended on a pretty intense cliffhanger, but I'm not quite at the point I'd like to be at, and a whole lot of my chapters are basically fillers because I went completely off track from my outlines and...well...there's a ton of new stuff I learned about my novel and characters, so I will keep my rough drafts safe. Besides, I still have a lot of revising and editing to do. XD

Congrats, everyone! :D
"There's a big difference between shooting a target and shooting a charging Wargal. A target isn't usually trying to kill you."
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice Book Two: The Burning Bridge

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:12 am
WarthogDemon says...

I did it with 50,052 words.

Honestly I'm surprised. Consider the following:

1) I've never written 50,000 words in a YEAR, much less a month.
2) I wrote with the intentions of (and still planning to) getting it published.
3) Previously, I've tried writing novels and never even got more than a page or two done.
4) I used to have issues with big writing commitments.

. . . so how the heck did I do this?!? @___@ I'm still trying to grasp the fact that I accomplished this feat.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:47 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Well done everyone! I finished on the 26th with 50,015 words. It took me eighteen months to write my first novel so I'm pretty amazed that I managed to do NaNo.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:30 pm
Cspr says...

50,350 for me. But I added another three thousand or so when finishing and then revising (revising one chapter, pitifully enough--still need to continue working on that).
I'm still amazed I managed that. I have a 60,000 word novel I was working on-and-off-again for about two years or so previously, along with my fanfiction stories and other novel attempts. Insane. ...And I still have to edit that monster. O.O

Congratulations to everyone else and I hope you keep writing so fast! I know I won't...

...Hey, could we make a Kick-In-The-Pants-Post-Nano Support Group? You know, to keep up with the speed-demon writing?
My SPD senses are tingling.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:30 pm
Phaix says...

50,025! in 21days! I stopped once i'd passed the 50,000 word line, which was a bit stupid really. But i'd NEVER written more than 10,000 words of one piece before, but now i know i can do it. im SO ready for 2011!
I will live forever, even if I die trying.

If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there.
— George Harrison