Reviews: 1176
Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:36 pm
Twit says...

*pokes Sociology with an aye-aye's finger*

*pokes self with a pencil*

*pokes notebook with a biro*

:roll:

That kind of speaks for itself.

"Can you imagine Augustus flavoured chocolate covered Gloop? Ew. No one would buy it!"
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:36 pm
logosgal says...

Snoink wrote:
logosgal wrote:GAAAAAHHHH!!! If my inner editor doesn't kill me, my inner procrastinator will!!! Then there's my general lack of direction, the fact that my MC doesn't have a real name, the dumb opening, the lack of a setting, the absence of research, the fact that I'm already about 12 gazillion words behind, and, and... I have to practice my violin right now. *pokes unpracticed orchestra music, following Meep's and Sumi's leads*

I don't suppose I can blame my problems on the slowness of the NaNo site, can I?
...Didn't think so. :cry:

Don't worry! Just be creative and write! There's plenty of ways to cheat, if you feel slightly overwhelmed. XD
...Like making your MC count to infinity? :wink:
Home is where the books are.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:00 pm
Perra says...

I'm so behind! I only have 5743 words! XP That's about half the words I should have by now. :(

Oh! And I keep forgetting that Selené has a falcon, now I have to just and it in and fix the beginning later.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:53 pm
View Likes
Lini-chan says...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!! I simply do not have enough time to get 50 K in this year! I'm already two days behind, and even though my story has no problems with the plot progressing and stuff, I just don't have enough access to a computer to type it all up! Does anyone know of any software that can translate scanned pages of notebook paper into text documents? or any other solution to this problem? Because I really wanted to do NaNo this year (it's my first year) and now I can't see any way I can get to 50 K! I'm thinking of just writing what I can, but not expecting to make it to 50k.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:36 pm
logosgal says...

My scanner is supposed to be able to scan in documents, I think. I've never used that feature. I don't know what software it uses or anything, but if you want I could ask my dad when he gets home... I do know it's an HP-brand printer/scanner/copier-thingy, if that helps.
Home is where the books are.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:53 pm
View Likes
Layleun says...

Wow. I don't think I'd ever get 5ok in in just one month. I am so trying this next year. I think I might be able to just barely pull this off. I can't wait to see all the finished pieces.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:44 am
Snoink says...

MY WRITING SUCKS.

I mean, if it were just, "Oh, it's slightly bad," that could possibly be bearable, but OHMYGOD. SUCKS!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:54 am
chocoholic says...

I'm hating the second week!!!!! I really just do not want to write, I'd rather do homework than write!!! I now have to force myself to write 500 words before moving on to something more entertaining.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:58 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

chocoholic wrote:I'm hating the second week!!!!! I really just do not want to write, I'd rather do homework than write!!! I now have to force myself to write 500 words before moving on to something more entertaining.

Geep, that's saying a lot...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:13 am
chocoholic says...

Snoink wrote:
chocoholic wrote:I'm hating the second week!!!!! I really just do not want to write, I'd rather do homework than write!!! I now have to force myself to write 500 words before moving on to something more entertaining.

Geep, that's saying a lot...

Yep, I know.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Sam says...

The Lords of Scheduling really hate me this year...

THURSDAY: Two doctors appointments, eighteen holes with Vati.
FRIDAY: Band at 7:15, speech tournament from 9:00 AM- 11:00 PM.
SATURDAY: Post-speech-tournament Sam sleeps until two o'clock, and has two concerts to play beginning at four.
SUNDAY: Must actually show up to church to acolyte; going for sushi with Japanese teacher at five.

Not to mention, I have to write an Oral Comm speech and a Civics paper about the ideals of democracy embodied in the US Constitution.

*flails*

Granted, golf and speech gave me excellent plot boosts, but that'll only help when I have time to sit down for more than fifteen minutes.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:10 am
Teague says...

I hate weekends I hate weekends I hate weekends I hate weekends I hate weekends...

No classes to not pay attention to. No classes to write in. No Emily to heckle about my wordcount kicking her wordcount's behind.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:36 am
View Likes
Leja says...

Agh! *procrastinates*

I think... I shall show my frustration with @ signs:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

*I feel better now*

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:07 am
bubblewrapped says...

Help! My inner editor is trying to kill me!

*is attempting frantically to squash shut a bulging cardboard box* Dont let him out!

Seriously though, I cannot stand my own writing. It. Is. Crap. Crappier than crap. Thus far I've been able to keep the I E at bay by repeating "It's only NaNo/it's supposed to suck" over and over in my head until he curls up in a corner and cries, but he's really putting up a fight now.

*gags IE with a dictionary*

As soon as I get to 50k I'm going back to primary school and relearning the basics of writing from the very beginning -.-
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:57 am
Meep says...

I'm just ... uninspired. I had an idea, right? I liked it and everything, but no ... instead, I've just taken to writing about whatever happens to catch my fancy, which isn't really good writing - though I suppose it's acceptable WriMo'ing.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote