Young Writers Society

NaNo 2022: BUNNY ROM COM

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:21 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 25
one month until Christmas, and day 2 of NaNo Hail Mary Writing Weekend!

Today: 810
Total: 35844
NaNo total: 18444

One little line:

Today I:
*did a good chunk of ch. 14 (two scenes that are mostly recycled)
*did some agent spreadsheet organization (cause it's never too early lol)
*skated for 3 hours
*played sims for 0 hours

I was pretty beat after all that skating today and didn't quite get as far as I wanted, but that's okay! I'm pretty close to the end of act 2, and my goal will be to finish act 2 tomorrow. I have no plans tomorrow other than laundry and going to the grocery store. If I can finish act 2 that will put me back on track to where I wanted to be by the end of this weekend :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:54 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 26 & 27
the end of NaNo Hail Mary Writing Weekend!

Today: 2464
Total: 36878
NaNo total: 20908

One little line: Would Seth go this out of his way to spend time with me if it was all fake to him?

During the weekend finale I:
*finished ch. 14, reworked the ending a little bit to prep for a better novel midpoint
*wrote all of ch. 15, which is a completely new chapter! I added a character and reworked everything leading up to the midpoint and the midpoint itself.
*roughy plotted all the scenes of act 3. I was nervous about this because the dark night of the soul and pretty much the last third of the first draft is super weak and a total mess because I was sick of writing and just wanted to be done. I now have hope it will be better! (I personally use a four act system rather than three. It's the same as three acts, except I divide the second act into two different acts so act two doesn't feel so long.)
*started a read through of everything I've done so far! I want to make sure act 2 is working before I move on to act 3, and I want the context of act 1 so I'm starting from the top :)

I was struggling with the midpoint for this book because the midpoint in the first draft was a little weak and I wasn't sure how I wanted to fix it. I thought I figured it out, but was struggling to write the final two scenes of this act to bring us to the midpoint. Then as I was mostly pantsing a new scene with a new character, I had a big cute aha moment that will help bring the midpoint. AND THIS IS WHY I LOVE PANTSING. I will admit that plotting does help me when I revise and write subsequent drafts, but sometimes pantsers just need to pants lol.

For reference:
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[size=150][b][color=teal]DAY 1[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Today:[/b]
[b]Total:[/b]
[b]NaNo total:[/b]

[b]One little line:[/b]
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio