z

Young Writers Society

Dear Mr. Rapist

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:26 am
View Likes
FLyerS says...

Hey. Just so you know, I think this piece was over-reviewed.
It came off as fake, like something you would see on TV. It seemed like a steriotype of every shock-and-awe-value newscast about rape ever. I didn't like it at all. But good job using such a sensitive topic to get attention! It sure worked.

Also, thanks for the upper at the end there. She smothers her baby and then hangs herself leaving a note saying he won? Wasn't that an episode of Law and Order SVU?
Those who dance are thought insane by those who don't hear the music.
Those who fit well into their world don't generally go about changing it.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:34 pm
thecamillecalalas says...

This is awesomely mad. This is a perfect piece for a monologue, for someone who wants to join a Talent Show. I don't think I could write a better piece with this genre. So I really appreciated your work while and even after I read it. Good job!
"There's a touch of madness in every great mind."

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:27 pm
gleek456 says...

You know, this letter is really sad. How the rapist stole not only her virginity, but her innocence. Even though this isn't really true, it happens everywhere. This is sad. This letter was very touching and moving.

- gleek456 <3
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:35 am
Wayland says...

That's so sad:( Good job though
"You can't jump the tracks. We're like cars on a table and life's like an hourglass glued to the table. No one can find the rewind button now, so cradle your head in your hands and breathe." -Anna Nalick

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:16 am
Confused.pirate says...

Wow, that's all I can say. Wow. Really emotional, really deep, really touching. It's hard to find subjects as serious as this. It was the perfect amount to get the message across, whether it was real or not. It felt real.

Keep writing!
<3 Sara.
"The differences in life are what create the challenges which open the door to discovery."

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:37 am
MegaShine2604 says...

I love the tension and emotion you put into this. I think it's an outstanding peice. I love how I could vision the emotion you were feeling. I love how you structured it so well. Keep Writing(:

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:05 am
MeganWeaver says...

WOW! I honestly felt every emotion there. I think this is an amazing piece of writing and it deffinately tugged on my heart strings. I really felt for the victim and I felt as though I was in her shoes if only for a second. This is amazing. I can clearly see that you will be really successful and I hope you achieve all of your goals in life. x
Keep your face to the sun,
That way you never see the shadows. :]

Random avatar

Reviews: 313
Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:31 pm
TylynRae says...

Holy crap! This was absolutely amazing. I found it other the reccomendations and boy, were they right to reccomend it! I thought the last part was just... crazy amazing. Gosh. This should be a movie on lifetime or something. I think its just insane how far she went to protect her baby from the rapist, but she just... wow. Very nicely done. I have no critique.
TylynTyrannosaurus<3 (tydecker777)

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:55 pm
geekchic says...

Oh my goodness I am actually tearing up a little bit. This is such a beautiful piece and it is so sad. I really wanted her to beat her attacker and I can't believe he won. I thought she was going to get through it. :( Anyway this is absoluteky brilliant despite the fact that you made me cry. :)
Awesome job-you're a fantastic writer
-Hope
Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.
-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:42 am
KaylaCoon says...

Welp, I'm sad... Kayla here.

This piece was emotional and deep and it spoke in it's own way. I liked the little storry at the end but the ending was soo sad. It's so sad that things like this happen.

Actually just resently a boy in my town killed his bother and father because of abuse and molestation. This world can be so cruel sometimes..

annyyhoww,
Great writing, sad storry,,

-Kayla!!
The closest friends are the ones you'd take a bullet for, but they're the ones you constantly feel you could put a bullet in as well<33--Alex Gaskarth

"So take my life I'll had it to you, you can try on these clothes but you can't fill these shoes,"-- Poison-All Time Low

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:18 pm
Destiny110 says...

Scary, yet amazing! I love it! Not for what happens in the story, but for the depth an emotion of it all. Not to mention the reality. More often than not stories tend to give us a description of what we'd like life to be. This gives us a big yet bitter taste of reality! Which is what makes it so amazing. I do have one tiny thing though:
and I won’t loose to you ever again.

That should be lose, loose means to loosen something. Easy mistake to make so don't feel bad about it!

Great job again on this piece!

Keep writing!

~~Destiny110
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:19 pm
trisanki says...

Amazing !

Emotional ! Gripping ! Thrilling !

You are an amazing writer !

Hats Off to You !

You brought out all the emotions so well and kept me hooked right to the end. The Ending actually made me cry.

Honestly, the story was great.

Great Job and May you keep writing more such amazing stories.

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:30 am
MasterGrieves says...

Well...that was a depressing. Personally I found the ending a bit too dark and depressing. I found that she shouldn't have killed the baby because that isn't right for her character. If she was really confident she would raise her child, then I think you should rethink the ending a little. How about the rapist is found not guilty? That would be a good ending. Other than that, an excellent story.
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:32 am
hayley10019 says...

Oh my God! While reading my heart was racing! I felt terrible! Terrible for the girl but I also felt how she could move on. How she could move on and do it. That should would get over it. It was heart racing, compelling, it was... AMAZING. It was sad though! It was a sad story, and a good story at the same time.
The ending is what got me. It was a sad, sad ending. I understand though. That it finally god to her. It's sad.. Truly sad that things like these happen to people..
I'm sorry you had to hear my rambling thoughts on your piece, but I just can't explain how much I liked it. It would actually be a good book-type thing. If you followed her through this... The beginning. Showing her life before and after.. During and everything.
I'm actually unsure if this is a true story or if you wrote this, but either way it was sadly beautiful.
If you need any critiquing or anything else message me!
-Hayley
Writing is where I can get away...

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:05 am
Anwesha says...

Something that brought tears to my eyes. It was very touching and sad. Keep up such great talent. Wonderful work!
Imperfection is beauty,
Madness is genius,
And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous
Than to be absolutely boring... :-D

What praise is more valuable than the praise of an intelligent servant?
— Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice