z

Young Writers Society

Dear YWS

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:35 am
romance otaku says...

Very good ^-^. I think a lot of us feel similarly about YWS (or have once before). I just have one complaint: too much description. It's like cutting a twig with a chainsaw when you could have just done it yourself. Like being forced to eat the whole Thanksgiving Turkey. Like putting 16 gigs of RAM in a computer. Like buying a 500 gig mp3 player and only listening to music on it. Like putting so many frozen dinners in your refrigerator that you can't shut the door. Like drinking a milkshake too fast and getting a brainfreeze.

Or, just like the paragraph above -_^. Haha, good job, and keep writing!
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

Random avatar

Reviews: 18
Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:15 pm
loudnonesense says...

I absolutely loved this! It was very real and it was cute and amusing.
Good job! I really like your writing style too :]

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:06 am
Leja says...

I love the "blueberry chat room" line!

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:16 pm
SporkPunk says...

Hi sillyducky! I'm SporkPunk, and I'll be reviewing this!

I know I'm really late on this, but I kept forgetting to review it after I saw it. It's awesome, brilliant, wonderful, phantasmagorical. I think you captured exactly how everyone feels about YWS, and the imagery is brilliant, especially blueberry chat room. I loved that. I can bring myself to tear this apart. I'm going to go all pseudo-philosophical and say that the imperfections, combined with the brilliance represent what YWS is all about. Improving our writing, and becoming all the better for it.

This was great. :D

Sporks
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:36 pm
Snoink says...

Hahaha... YWS is cheating on you with me. Just so you know! ;)

My main critique would be that you mentioned this in the beginning:

"Your involvement in my life is significantly affecting my sleep, social life, and even my grades."

I have to wonder with this exactly how it is affecting you! So, a couple of anecdotes would be wonderful here.

But, truly, this is a magnificent love letter!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:18 pm
Reuben A says...

That's so nunu-pie! But warning. look at everyone! I smell a playa! YWS IS A PLAYA! :shock: :shock: :shock:
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:19 pm
IIWickedDestinyII says...

I loved it!!! It's like a disease it follows you everywhere. I go to sleep thinking about what I want to read next or review next. This is soo true. I loved it so much!
Wicked <3
One word to say to you
One world to live onto
One person that makes you spin
One song you'll always sing
Show me the way <3

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues