z

Young Writers Society

Imagine This

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:43 am
View Likes
laylaflame says...

Imagine this; sitting on a high branch with a clear, blue sky above you, green forests has far as you can see behind you, the vast ocean ahead. There’s not a sign of life besides the hum of the insects and rustling of small animals beneath you. You sit there, feeling so alive, but you don’t know what to do besides take in the phenomenal view around you. You breathe slowly, trying to inhale as much of the landscape imaginable, while a light breeze unsettles the leaves and a bird takes flight. As you watch it fly away, you want to know what it feels like, to glide unworringly across the earth. You close your eyes, lift off from the branch holding you back, and feel the sudden shutter of change as your arms turn to wings and your body reshapes.
And you become a bird, flying effortlessly through the air.
Imagine this, because that is all you can do. It’s all we have.

-Layla Flame

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 am
View Likes
Gracie says...

Hi there.

I can see why you put this in other I can't really tell if it's prose or an odd kind of poetry.

Not to say I don't really like it, because I really love this.

It really is beautiful, the language was perfect, and I really like that you took a risk with this.

So great job.
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

Alice in Wonderland

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:09 pm
View Likes
Ashley529 says...

Beautifull.

And what a suprising end. This is the best prose I've read for this week.

Excellent work

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:30 am
GiggleGremlin says...

Hey Laylie!! This is really pretty. It kindof made me sad but happy at the same time =) It gave you a lot of pictures in your head hahaha and it was really beautiful =D I like how it was different to most poetry aswell. I hate you too hahaha jk Laylie I can't hate you =)
Anyway post more!! I will review them =D

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:59 am
freewritersavvy says...

Very good job! Beautiful!
~FW~
http://www.isiseiyr.com
~When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. ~ George Carver

Writing...they claim it is a dangerous occupation... 'they' have no idea!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri May 27, 2011 3:40 pm
Mongererofspoons says...

A very good piece, it is accompanied very good imagery. I particularly like the way you go into enough detail to immerse the reader, but not enough to stop the "flow" of words.
Now, I admit that I have read hardly any prose compared to others on this site, but it is definitely better then the ones I have had to go other in my English class, I would prefer this to those ones for an essay about comparing any day. Thing is, I can't think of any way for it to improve, as any change would probably be for the worse due to the atmosphere it produces, so sorry for not providing something to improve on.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun May 29, 2011 6:18 pm
Justagirl says...

Wow, this is really great.

I think with some tweaking you could turn this into some excellent poetry or post it in the short story section.
Your imagery is wonderful and I read through it so fast that I didn't see any grammatical errors. I also love the end, it's beautiful.

Keep writing,
Alzora
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:51 am
Jelly says...

Funny, how many times I've imagined this. xD
Beautiful and simple. I love it.
-- CC

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto (I am a man, I don't consider anything human foreign to me)
— Terence