z

Young Writers Society

Romeo & Juliet: Instant Messaging Edition

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed May 25, 2011 9:55 pm
emmylove says...

I know there are already tons of reviews on this, but I hope you read this. I have a few things to say.

1.) I absolutely cannot put into words how much I love the DnD fight. It was beautiful.

2.) I think it's funny that basically everyone across 'Merica in the 9th grade reads Romeo and Juliet at the same time. You posted this right after we had our test, on the same day we watched part of the Leonardo DiCaprio movie version (you know, where he takes acid and everyone is either Romeo, Juliet, or a transvestite?). I bet you're reading To Kill a Mockingbird now, correct?

3.) I also think it's funny how many people referred to The Most Excellent and Lamentable Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet as a book/novel. It's a play, folks. Actors acted it on a stage way before anyone could buy the script in book form.

I bet you got an A on this, provided you abided by the rules stated on the rubric your teacher gave you. I found this enjoyable. Good job :)
We've stayed until the very end.
This is real for us.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Fri May 27, 2011 5:58 pm
emmylou1995 says...

Oh my god! A D&D sword fight, epic! I absolutely loved this soooooo much!!!!!!
When all you have is nothing, there is alot to go around.

Reviews: 4
Sat May 28, 2011 8:00 pm
kellydddys says...

i love this is nothing i would have come up with :) GREAT idea my fav act is # 5 :)
(:***BREAKAWAY***:)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 29, 2011 12:12 am
Snoink says...

Hmmm... I liked this, but I never replied!

Anyway, I really did like this! It was so crazy and bizarre. I kind of loved it. Juliet is such a ditz in this version (even more so!) I love how she disregards Romeo's attempts at poetry and asks him to do the practical instead... she was always more of the practical one, lol. Unlike Romeo, who just poinsoned himself (lame!) she actually drove the dagger in her breast... she's a lot more action-packed, what can I say! And I love the fact that she really epitomizes the whole teenage girl here, like when she learns that Romeo is outside, she does the whole "hiiiiiiii!! :DDDDDD" bit. That little thing is kind of reminiscent of Twilight, in a way... most women would not think that somebody stalking outside their window is romantic in the least, but for some reason, teenage girls like it? I don't quite understand it, but I am not a teenager anymore, so whatever. The only time I really thought that it would be cute wias in the movie "Say Anything" where you had that guy holding the boom box over his head and playing Peter Gabriel's song, "In Your Eyes" really loudly and then going away. Otherwise, it's kind of lame.

(Also, I lied... I like the whole "I'm right outside your door in a slightly creepy way" but in Arms and the Man and Cyrano de Bergerac. But, I will argue that this is not the same as Romeo and Juliet. At all. In other news, you should totally read those plays. They are awesome and funny!)

Anyway, basically I liked this. Oh, and Romeo and his insistence of NOT using chat speak throughout was hilarious. A couple of things I can think you can do to make it better? Do a rickroll in the place. That would be awesome. It has NOTHING to do with the play, mind you, but it would be completely awesome. Also, if you could have a character that says something in chat speak, but the other person doesn't understand what is being said because it's an obscure acronym or slang, that would be awesome. Maybe that's the reason why Juliet misunderstands Romeo!

Nice stuff here, in any case. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:29 pm
iiRawrDinosaurii says...

Woah.
That was intense.
So intense, my brain was blown and I don't know where it went.
I loved every second of it. It was brilliant. Genius.

Keep up the good work! ^_^

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:18 pm
AwesomeSocks says...

This is WONDERFUL!!!! It made me laugh so hard! I love Romeo and Juliet, but I also love chatspeak fanfictions, so this is great! I definitely hope to read more of your work :)
transmissions from space

I think Amelia Earhart wants you to get some ice cream.
— SilverNight