z

Young Writers Society

Talkin Bout My ... Generation

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:37 am
FLyerS says...

we are nothing but voices. nothing but words to be heard. we are too many voices. we are not begging to be heard. we are heard. we are heard around the world from tokyo to Timbuktu. We are a sea. a sea of voices that cannot be sifted through. each one of us is heard equally, which means not a one of us is heard at all. we only exist in our imaginations. we are not the “lost generation” we are not “generation X” we have no name. we are the young ones. this is our decade. the decade of cyberkinetec energy. you cannot hear us all. you cannot even hear one for all the shouting. we are the children of technology, and we are adults. we have never known a world when we couldn’t be instantly heard. we are the shouters. but ironically, we have the least to say. the 90’s came before us, the 80’s the 70’s the 60’s. everything we have to say has already been said. Better. I am angry dammit. Do I have to take my shirt off for you to listen to me? Do I have to be on a reality tv show for my own life to recognize my intrinsic value? I am not perfect. They gave me a gold medal anyway. I am so overstimulated, its dirty. My life is a satire of another age. we are the products. We have no rights to free speech, it has all been said before. I want my own mind listened to. I have a inner knowledge in me. Fine. laugh. I don’t give a damn. The whole fucking world is laughing. Give me a line. I’ll say it for you. no one actually cares about any one but them selves. hell knows I don't. who of you will even see this, and care? My ideas aren’t radical enough to change anyone’s life, and even if they were, who would give a hot damn. Not a soul among you. I am a sex kitten, hear me rawer. What do I have to do to get your attention? would you like me to dance for you? would you like me to smoke a joint so you could try to fix me? Would you want me to cut my wrists like my whole fucking generation? who would you like me to be. I am a statistic, with no power. But forgive me, i am lying! I have every power over myself. I have “all the power necessary to change my own life” I am the generation of “Hope” You can never silence me, but you don’t even hear me, so why does it matter? why do I matter. The answer is: I don't. And It pisses me off.
Last edited by FLyerS on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who dance are thought insane by those who don't hear the music.
Those who fit well into their world don't generally go about changing it.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:02 am
View Likes
MeanMrMustard says...

My reaction to your piece in a "poem"

"we're unique"
Said beautiful snowflakes cut
from Tiffany's latest sale book,
coupons for look-a-like snowflake
cookie cutters sold for change and
drying in the Winter sun, all of
the flakes parted the blizzard
on my skin and asked me to use
Proactiv like all the cool kids, and
I did.

Because I wanted to blend in
like a chameleon, drinking my
milk, it tasted like lotion and
was grainy like sand from an
old man's back before the spine
unwinds to the series finale of
X-Files, and we all smile at the
snowflakes on the screen that
can't decide why they look
the same, whisper the truth
is out there

consider it a review.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:53 am
snickerdooly says...

I don't have a review to give you, but you don't need one anyway. I just wanted to say that the way you told this was simply brilliant and really eye opening. Our generation is exactly like what you wrote, it's incredibly scary and insane but true in so many ways. Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed reading this. The only thing that I think would be different is that with all this technology yes there are tons of bad things but also communication and unity to other countries and nations is definitely a huge deal.
Peace,
Snickerdooly
"Characters cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Reviews: 3
Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:15 am
Bryr says...

I find it ironic that you speak about not being listened to and then you only get two reviews. Well, three now. That's great.
I really liked this... rant. I thought it was one of your best posts! Great job!

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:14 pm
FLyerS says...

Yeah. I agree. fricken ironic.
Those who dance are thought insane by those who don't hear the music.
Those who fit well into their world don't generally go about changing it.

What's the point of being a grown-up if you can't be a bit childish sometimes?
— 4th Doctor