z

Young Writers Society

This I Believe: Life is Beautiful

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:56 pm
KyleTheGreat13 says...

In school this year, we were asked to write about something we believe in.

Spoiler! :
This I Believe: Life is a cataclysmic maelstrom of delirium, but at the same time, a fragile time of serenity. Life is a lasting elegy permeating through the atmosphere, and yet a sanguine and pleasant time. Most of all, life is beautiful. It’s incredible that such a concept can even exist, let alone inhabit every single one of us.

It is a rare opportunity to be a part of the symphony we call life, to be one of the delicate melodies that stand out from the rest. We all have only one chance to live, and must take it upon ourselves to make the best of our time. Everybody has different ideas of how this is done, and that’s okay. In fact, it’s essential. If every member of the orchestra played the exact same part, there would be nothing exciting to it. But luckily we have an orchestra of nearly seven billion musicians, so every single part to the song comes out different from the rest, giving the world a beautiful and diverse sound.

I find that my best bet for a life well spent consists of knowing what I want to accomplish, knowing how to do it, and then doing it. It’s simplistic, yet effective. All it takes is awareness, motivation, perseverance, and compassion for not only friends and family, but the rest of the world as well. With others in mind, it is way easier to ensure that the symphony stays in tune.

What will you do? How will you contribute to the symphony? Through the good and the bad, there will always be a way. Lend a hand. Help somebody out. Do what you can. But always remember: even at the worst of times, life is beautiful.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:15 pm
Shakyll says...

This is really beautiful and flowing--I just don't really get what you mean by "it is a rare opportunity to be a part of it."
?
Other than that...it's a graceful, admirable piece of work. Very good.
--Shackled

Reviews: 2
Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:15 pm
LoveStrykes says...

This is such a beautiful outlook on life. Good job.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:28 pm
germsieGal says...

Hi and welcome to YWS!! Remember if you do not review others works you will not get reviewed.

Usually when writing a story you don't put it in a spoiler, just saying!

I really like this piece, it flowed very nicely and it was just really nice. A few words I did look up in the dictionary, :p but that's only because I wanted to understand a little bit better.

KyleTheGreat13 wrote:What will you do? How will you contribute to the symphony? Through the good and the bad, there will always be a way. Lend a hand. Help somebody out. Do what you can. But always remember: even at the worst of times, life is beautiful.

The last paragraph was very nice, you have a good writing voice, keep up the good work!
-germsieGal
P.S. You should get an avvie! :D
The hardest part of living is just taking breaths to stay.

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:28 pm
AbbyRainW says...

I really like this piece. Its heart-felt and very metaphorical. I loved the comparison of life to a symphony, and how the different parts coincide. Very nice job!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:26 am
matthewmazer says...

This peace is simply amazing! How ever the first paragraph
This I Believe: Life is a cataclysmic maelstrom of delirium, but at the same time, a fragile time of serenity. Life is a lasting elegy permeating through the atmosphere, and yet a sanguine and pleasant time. Most of all, life is beautiful. It’s incredible that such a concept can even exist, let alone inhabit every single one of us.
was kind of eye popping cuz of the big words like maelstrom,
This however is definitely one of my favorite works ive ever seen on the site and, in my opinion, deserves to be on the featured works at the home page,(I think this is my fourth or fifth time saying this, maybe less).

I especially like this paragraph
I find that my best bet for a life well spent consists of knowing what I want to accomplish, knowing how to do it, and then doing it. It’s simplistic, yet effective. All it takes is awareness, motivation, perseverance, and compassion for not only friends and family, but the rest of the world as well. With others in mind, it is way easier to ensure that the symphony stays in tune.
We've all been sorry. We've all been hurt. How we survive is what makes us who we are.
{20150529)

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles