z

Young Writers Society

Stop and Stare Cover (edit)

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:46 pm
XxMattxX says...

Well, here is edited my cover that I designed for her 'Stop, Stare, and design me a Cover' contest.
I used Adobe Photoshop elements 9 or something,Gimp 2, and some other programs that I don't care to remember or disclose. Overall, it took me about an hour to do so it might be a bit sloppy.
Nevertheless, I pray you like it.

Spoiler! :
Stop and Stare Final Cover2.jpg
Stop and Stare Final Cover2.jpg (29.59 KiB) Viewed 197 times

Thanks!

-Jojo
Solvalery/GeeLyria Fans
Link

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 pm
View Likes
Sassykat says...

Wow! So much better! I was staring for a good thirty seconds...It works. Wow. Amazing. I keep going back up to stare at it some more...
Shakespearian tongue-twister:

To sit in solemn silence
In a dark, dank dock
In a pestilential prison
With a lifelong lock;
Awaiting the sensation
Of a short, sharp shock
Of a cheap, chippy chopper
On a big black block.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:56 pm
XxMattxX says...

lol thanks!
Solvalery/GeeLyria Fans
Link

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:03 pm
View Likes
lele253isme says...

i love it, it looks mysterious with the shading and coloring and the hands. The eyes are my favorite part..I love it!!!

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:10 pm
View Likes
Sassykat says...

I just left the page and then came back so I could look at it again. It's so cool.
Shakespearian tongue-twister:

To sit in solemn silence
In a dark, dank dock
In a pestilential prison
With a lifelong lock;
Awaiting the sensation
Of a short, sharp shock
Of a cheap, chippy chopper
On a big black block.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:04 pm
View Likes
theLockedLibrary says...

Oh my, this is absolutely stunning! The eyes are beautiful and I just love the way you made everything else neutral so that the eyes could pop out. I think you have a real chance at winning the contest! Amazing, I would wish you good luck, but you really don't need it. Perhaps someday, I'll make a contest like this and beg you to enter it. Ha-ha. :D
Reading is the sole means by which we slip,
involuntarily,
often helplessly,
into another's skin,
another's voice,
another's soul.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:53 pm
View Likes
unsocialbutterfly says...

Hi!
Wow that's really good. It really makes you stop and stare. The eyes are gorgeous and as mentioned before by other people they just really pop against the gray. Even the letters are a plain color, so it doesn't take away from the eyes, but you made them look great by adding the outline or shadow or whatever you'd call it. I've never read the book so I can't say much else about it but it looks really great.
♥unsocialbutterfly♥

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 am
View Likes
lilymoore says...

Hey there, JoJo!

So, overall, this is definitely a really awesome piece of cover art. But there are a few things that do bother me about it.
First and foremost is the font. The downfall of fancy fonts is that sometimes they can seem a bit crazy. And it seems like adding the shadow to the background of the words didn’t help much. A powerful, thicker, more ummph-filled font would have been nice.

Secondly are the hands. Something about them seems distracting to me. Had they been faded out a bit more or even made a smidge smaller, they probably wouldn’t have bugged me quite so much.

Lastly is the color of the eyes. They are a little frightening to look – at least for me – because it feels oddly like the eyes are staring at me. Had the color been softened down a little and perhaps had they been pointing in a different direction, even a smidge, they would seem a bit less aggressive. Not totally without emotion or anything. It’s really just about the mystery behind the eyes.

Haha. But I do love, more than anything, your choice of cool, light grey coloring along with the textures you used worked super well together.

Anyways, best of luck in the contest.
*hugs*

~lilster
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla