z

Young Writers Society

Expression

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:15 am
skye12 says...

I sometimes forget the ways of expressing myself. I sometimes find myself wishing I could move like a ballerina or fly through the air like a bboy.

Dancing is a way of using your limbs to say words that can’t come from your mouth. I get frustrated that I can’t move to the music but then suddenly realise that music is supposed to move me and that I don’t have to be a good dancer to show people how I feel.

I have my own unique way by using letters and syllables that dance to the music from beneath my pen. I make the verbs and nouns come to life taking a stand in what I feel.

I express myself with words but not words by mouth; words by heart in which dance has made me realise that I don’t need real music to make people dance to my song.

My song is waiting for me in the ink of a pen anticipating the touch of my fingers to wrap around him and waltz across the blank page of hope.

Dance inspires me even though I have two left feet I do admire the art in motion the art that inspires me to express the art in my soul.
True knowledge is knowing you know nothing at all _ Socrates.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:19 am
View Likes
TinyDancer says...

Wow, this is great! You've got such an inspiring way with words, and I love the way you switch from literal dancing to the figurative dancing of your pen. Its wonderful. Keep up the good work. You're going places :)
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

“The circus arrives without warning.
No announcements precede it.
It is simply there,
When yesterday it was not.”

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:30 am
Secrets13 says...

This piece was really unique, and I've never thought of music and dancing that way, being a dancer myself. It definently let me see dancing in a different point of view. My only critique would be that some of the sentences didn't flow correctly, and so I would read your stuff outloud or reread it before you post it to make sure it sounds right. Other than that, good job!
Every answer is only a question away.

To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.
— Tony Dorsett