z

Young Writers Society

Manga girls (colored pencil and digital drawing)

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:03 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

So even though I was swamped this week with exams, I managed to find time to draw :P. I still haven't had much time to get used to my prismacolor pencils that I got for Christmas, so I made some drawings just for that. I hand drew these in pencil, then colored with prismacolor colored pencils. Scanned onto my computer, then edited and colored a little more using GIMP and Paint Tool SAI.

I kinda like how the colored pencils gave a little more texture to the clothes.

I used reference for the poses, but the clothes designs are my own.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated! Thanks :)
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:57 pm
View Likes
GoldenQuill says...

Hay BlackSheep! It's Quill here, as per your generous request. :}

I'm not a drawer, but from what I can see, these look amazing! I do have tiny critiques though, but if you meant it to look one way or another, obviously don't pay too much attention to them, ahah.

I'm naming your first girl Green and your second girl Star just for reference.

As weird as this sounds, Green doesn't seem to have 'lips'. Perhaps you intended it this way, and I'm not sure, because I'm not an artist, but the lips you gave Star gives her a much more dynamic look than Green. It seems sort of awkward on your sketch, so maybe you want to take a look at it.

Star is my favorite by far, but something odd seems to be going on with both of her arms. Not where they are, but the way they're shaped themselves. I'm uploading a picture to this effect, and I apologize, but I had to shrink it slightly so it would fit.

Also, Star's lips are kind of high up on her face. It's not a bad thing, just gives her face a slim and almost tight look. So keep that in mind.

Other than that, these are amazing. Keep drawing, and also post back for a review anytime you'd like!

Love & Blessings,
Aushy
Attachments
YWSBlackSheep.png
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:47 am
View Likes
RileyStone says...

First impression: very nice.
I love the faces and expressions. Especially the hair, it just seems to fall nicely.
One thing I think you could work on is folds and wrinkles in clothing and how it fits and falls on the body.
There are also a few anatomy errors, especially in the forearm, wrist, hand area.

Overall, it's still very nice. Keep drawing, you have some skill.

-- Riley
Who do I belong to?
Not earth, not world
Not evil, not
mortals
Not wretches, not horrors

-- Project 86

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:09 am
View Likes
hudz96 says...

Heya

Wow the first time i saw this i was just stunned. I love the hair the most (2nd pic) the first pictures hair is a little too bright and then you paired that up with a bright colored top and it didn't go well together with me. (Just saying) otherwise i love the way her face and eyes are shaped captured and colored in. In the second Picture as i said i LOVE the hair its the best part, then i love the face its perfect. Just as the others mentioned you made a little awkward mistake in the hands and also the length of the clothes and where her body stops it made it look a little odd.

But overall its amazing i really love your work keep it up :) please be kind enough to buzz me through PM if you have any other artwork. Thank You.
Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.

oh to be a cat in a pile of towels
— ChesTacos