z

Young Writers Society

Confessions of a Dimesional Traveler

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:05 pm
Stori says...

Hi. My name is John Malcolm. I'm your typical teen except for one thing: I travel between worlds.

It all started a while back. I was playing basketball with my friends Mark and Jen. The score was 3-2-7, with me winning. I lobbed a shot and missed. The ball rolled into the bushes.

I stooped down to look for it and found myself looking into the face of the biggest lizard I'd ever seen. It was looking at me through flat black eyes.

Now, I love lizards. But this one had to be three feet tall. I hit the panic button and tried to back away. Those black eyes kept staring.

"Oof!" My back met not air but stone. I was trapped! My heart did a painful flutter. I knew this couldn't be good.

"Friend," said the lizard.

Woah. Total reality check. I was in denial. Lizards don't talk!

"Don't be afraid," it said. I was even more scared.

"I was, ah, I mean, I shouldn't be here." I tried vainly to push past it.

"Do not try to leave. The result would be most... painful."

I gulped. Was this thing crazy? Was it going to kill me?

"Faza," it said, Woah. Did that thing just introduce itself?

"John," I replied. "It's nice to meet you." Please let this be a dream!

"So, you want to know why you're here, yes?"

I nodded.

"Good. I will start with a brief history of this world. You are on the continent of Malas, in the province of Acard."
It emphasized this with a vague wave. "All of this small state is under the protection of the Lunar Stone."

"The Lunar Stone? Is it magic?"

"Yess, indeed! It is the source of magic." It waved its tail. "Without magic, thiss place would take yearsss to build."

"And what is 'this place?'"

"It isss my clan hall. I am of Oruss."

Clans. That world was familiar. The Scotts used to live in clans.

"So," Faza went on, "it isss my pleasssure to welcome you."

"Thanks," I muttered.
Last edited by Stori on Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:21 am
MadHatter says...

Your piece was interesting and did a good job of introducing your storyline, but I felt it lacked enough meat. You should have had more story because It's hard to judge stories this short.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss