z

Young Writers Society

Paradiso

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:56 pm
TheEccentricScribe says...

Last edited by TheEccentricScribe on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:20 pm
Aly_Tobias says...

I can honestly say that I have no complaints with this piece. The way you hook in your readers is engaging and informative without being dull or boring. At the end how you drew out the suspense as to what happened to the children makes it even more sickening to imagine and gave it even more interest to me. I really liked this peice.
Crime of the century....[yet to be committed]

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:01 am
GryphonFledgling says...

Daaang. This was amazing. Your first sentence, which is almost a disclaimer, drew me in.

This was a bit of an info-dump, but since it is the beginning, I think it can be forgiven. Just get to the story. You have set it up to do so, so there is no problem there.

I really couldn't find anything to critique other than that. This was pretty awesome.I loved the way the narration is so stoic and without feeling, yet still sad. It's hard to explain just how it made me feel. I guess shocked would be the best word. The tone was just so "This is how it is" matter of fact and it is describing these horrible things.

Wonderful job.

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:42 am
Teague says...

Hello again Scribe! *waves*

Ooh, five gold stars. This'll be interesting.

God I love your diction. And the Nietzsche reference. And Dante Alighieri as well? Wow. *worships*

and blood is spilt over things that matter.

Do you mean blood is spilt over things that don't matter? Because otherwise it doesn't agree with the idea you're trying to portray in that paragraph.

and console them of the honor Pangea proscribes.

Should that be "prescribes" or am I just being ignorant?

At the proper age, It ake the child from their parents.

Typo! I take* ;)

The child is fed sparingly over those six months and put through extensive excersize.

Excercise*

Whoa. Once again, you have blown my mind with your concept. You are truly a diamond in the rough, Scribe. Truly. I love your work.

If you ever have anything you'd like me to critique, please PM me. I would be delighted to look at anything.

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:21 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

I lovelovelove the voice. Sounds like a reasonable sort of person, ya' know?

This was niice. Good job. And I love the title, it's very catchy.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:12 pm
Katharsis says...

Incredible. A good writer. The only issues I had with it have been covered by Saint.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:15 pm
Fall_Into_The_Sky says...

This story is amazing but the thought of that world makes me angry.
The only wrong love is only one never felt.
Live to day as if your would die tomorrow.
Love like you know no other, dream as if they'd come true, hope because you can reach the stars.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:23 pm
cammie4 says...

This. Is. Amazing. I love the tone. And I felt almost sick reading about what happens to the children. Love the last bit. Saint Razorblade pretty much covered all the little issues. I absolutely loved this, I really really want to read more.

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore