Star and his journal

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:14 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Journal Entry 21,000

Everything has a story, right?

Well I have my own.

If I’ve been writing in this journal for twenty-one thousand days I’d be at least 57, right? Wrong. I’m technically five hundred years old. I live on this planet everyone calls Earth, though they still treat it like a trash bin. They still haven’t figured out the technique used many years ago by there great ancestors. Actually if I’m correct even those ancestors would have to look back quite a few years before.
It’s the year 3501 and I can’t believe this place is still going. Guess there god has a greater purpose for this planet and these people. Me, you ask? I live forever. Sadly I do. I never chose to be of my species and now I live in a cage, locked up and probed every hour on the hour to see if any of my life has changed. You may think I’d wish these humans dead but I don’t. I understand their intent. They want to survive this place. Survive the worst to come. And, yes. There is something worse than being locked up on a planet.
Being on a planet that is slowly drifting towards a burning hot sun that would explode if it were touched by any planet at this point. For it exploding would create a black hole big enough to swalow what the humans call their solar system. They say most have already left to live on mars. They found out how to manipulate most time but they still don’t know how I get out of my cage and wander through their quarters. They scold me and I understand but I do it again.
If your reading this either you have survived the explosion or I have sent this back to a friend I cherish and wish to to live forever, though sadly she can’t. She is fragile, like all the other humans. A sad story never ends when you live forever.
My name was given to me by the Earth girl. She calls me Star, short for Another planet, though when she named me she knew full well I was not another planet but a being unlike yourselves. You called me male if you understand. I do not comprehend any of what she was taking about. You may. Go ahead and read through me days of survival though I did nothing of the sort.
~Star July 4, 3501 (p.s.~ They do not celebrate the forth of July anymore. They haven’t since the year 2120, when they were told by a scientist that we are officially falling towards the sun.)

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:22 pm
Runelord says...

It seems wherever i look there are great writers.

Very intersesting debut. Scary thought Earth in 3501.

There is just one problem: I dont get who (or what) Star is. And how can you chose to bea species.

Thats it form me.

Keep writing
Speling mestackes ink.

Flowing scribble

Guns don't kill people, people kill people... And monkeys do (if they have a gun)- Eddie Izzard

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:23 am
Shadow Charlatan says...

removed
Last edited by Shadow Charlatan on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:46 am
View Likes
myfreindsavamp says...

Agh! *pulls out hair* It's not supposed to have the science of today in it! :smt012

It's the year 3501 for gosh sakes! Do you think we'll get that far in real life? I personally don't... :roll: But that's my opinion and this is SiFi for gosh sakes. Doesn't mean you bring out all the facts of science today. For all we know they are wrong and the world is flat. :smt042 :smt091

Oh well. In a few days I'll go and fix this. I have to go work on nano.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:09 am
Bickazer says...

I highly doubt the laws of physics will undergo a complete revolution in a thousand and fifty years. They've worked for the past five billion or so, why change in a millenium?

I can't comment on the scientific accuracy of your piece because I'm not a scientist myself (I suck at science, actually...as my grade in Physics can attest). But even if it's science FICTION, do not forget that it's SCIENCE fiction. If you start changing the laws of physics and whatnot your piece is going to seem ludicrous and implausible. Remember, the thing about science fiction is this--maybe it HASN'T happened, but it COULD happen.

But I guess I'll wait for someone actually well-versed in science to explain in more detail...
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

Random avatar

Reviews: 254
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:30 pm
mikedb1492 says...

I have to agree with Shadow Charlatan and Bickazer on this one. First off, the science is way off and quite hard to believe, even to someone like me with limited knowledge of it. And yes, you should definitely try and change those things so they're believable. I'd suggest reading up on the topic and coming up with a new doomsday.

Other than the science problem, I thought this was okay. Because of the science, the only thing that really interested me was the narrator. Who and what is he? That's what I kept wondering throughout it. Otherwise, though, there wasn't much else for me.
Trying to get to heaven without Jesus is like climbing to the summit of Mount Everest naked. You die before it happens.

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling