z

Young Writers Society

Dragons' Legend

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:49 pm
Lethero says...

“Dragons, fantasy or reality? That’s the question cryptozoologists have been trying to prove, but only met dead ends by reality. Can there be a creature who is not an insect but have six external limbs or that can breathe fire.

“If dragons are real why hasn’t one been spotted or a skeleton been found? Well, my friends the search is over, I have found undeniable proof of their existence and where they live. Finally the search for dragons is over...”

My first Sci-fi book, so I hope it's good. If you think it belongs in a different genre please tell.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:11 am
Sean Pendr says...

Quote: [“Dragons, fantasy or reality? That’s the question cryptozoologists have been trying to prove, but only met dead ends by reality. Can there be a creature who is not an insect but have six external limbs or that can breathe fire.

“If dragons are real why hasn’t one been spotted or a skeleton been found? Well, my friends the search is over, I have found undeniable proof of their existence and where they live. Finally the search for dragons is over...” ]

Great way of introducing your story, continue and make the extended to become your prologue.
I do not want the first pithy lines that pop into your head. I'm not interested in that. I want plot, real characters, sharp dialogue. Plan, dream, live your story, then write it. Novel writing is not for the impulsive. ~Kitty15

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:42 am
Alteran says...

It's a good why of introduceing. Though you could just have this being the opening of the first chapter. It's a great way to draw in the readers.

I think it's a good spot. It's not fantasy it's definantly science fiction.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Pyxis says...

Great introduction. Most dragon books are fantasy, so this one should be really interesting. I can't wait to read more! 10/10, definately

:D :D :D :D

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
— Honore de Balzac