z

Young Writers Society

Mutts - Too Much

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:56 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Since I'm not quite sure that everyone who is reading this is quite understanding what I am trying to do with my Mutts project, I will explain it right now.

Each of these works is entirely unrelated, except for the fact that they are all set in my alternate future where Mutts have been created. The same characters will never be repeated in any other stories. The stories may be seperate in nature, the idea is that when they are all put together, the reader will gain insight into my alternate future and the timeline of the events... At least, that is the idea. We'll see how it actually works out. :)

11/27/07

033 – Too Much

“It’s amazing, Forbes, it really is.”

Richard Howland stood with his hands on his hips, surveying the vast empire he had created. It stretched for acres, covering nearly all the land that was visible from the huge bay window. Miles of electric fencing and barbed wire surrounded his domain, keeping his subjects in check. Behind him, his secretary nodded absently.

“Yes sir”

“Germany, Israel, Iran and Egypt! And more lining up!”

“Yes sir.”

“I impress even myself. Who else could have countries lining up to buy a product that isn’t even finished yet?”

“I can’t think of any, sir.”

Howland gazed fondly at the rows of wire pens filled with the creatures he lorded over. They were so beautiful, even unfinished. He swelled with pride. He had never married or had a child, but this must be had a father must feel like when he watched his children.

“Aren’t they magnificent?”

“Yes sir.” Forbes didn’t look up.

“Look at them, Forbes.”

The secretary raised his head for a fraction of a second to stare blankly out the window.

“Magnificent, sir,” he agreed, and then his head bent back over his desk.

Howland snorted. Some men had no imaginations. That was why Forbes would always be a secretary and he, Richard Howland, would be a king among kings.

A long, mournful howl echoed up from the network of fences and Howland smiled fondly. Ah, the sweetness of his children. It was almost too much. He took a deep breath and let it out with a happy sigh. Then he turned to Forbes.

“Not even done and they’re falling over themselves to get to it. We’re on our way back up. We’re going to make it this time…”
Last edited by GryphonFledgling on Wed May 28, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:59 pm
shotgun2983 says...

Wow. I like it so far. I think it should be a little longer and you should explain it a little more, without giving away to much. In the prologue, you said that the mutts would be different stories though. I just hope the next installment continues from this basic story. Also, I'm not quite sure why it's called Mutts. Is that what Howland is going to sell from the various countries? Other then those few issues, good job.

-Joel-
@(^_^)@

237 Reviews

Reviews: 237
Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:00 pm
Teh Wozzinator says...

this is crazy, how the time period and stories keep changing...i'm kind of surprised that you won't ever repeat any characters (except for the mutts, i assume...), but from these stories it almost seems like you get to know them really well anyways. nothing to say i haven't said before, and nothing to edit (your grammar and writing style are great!!), so keep posting these, i want to read more!

The Woz
Go K-State for North Division!!

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:47 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Hello, hon. You know the drill.

Ta,
Cal.

Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
— Chinese proverb