Young Writers Society

[deleted]

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun May 08, 2005 6:50 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

[story deleted by author]
Last edited by Sureal on Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I wrote the above just for you.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun May 08, 2005 7:04 pm
View Likes
Lollipop says...

Wow I loved this. I liked the conversation between Karen and her boss. Naughty language!

506 Reviews

Mon May 09, 2005 7:54 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

Yup. Naughty language... which is why this is a PG 13 ;).

... though to tell you the truth, I don't actually know what naughty language is in there... I wrote this a fair while ago, and I'm too lazy to actually read it myself ;).

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Fri May 13, 2005 2:36 am
View Likes
emotion_less says...

Interesting. It's a new perspective (for me, anyway).

"I kept my hands folded in front of me; in what I admit was an attempt to stop them from fidgeting. "

I don't think you need a semicolon there.
Sorry, we learned the proper use of semicolons today... at least, I think it's the proper way...

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri May 13, 2005 5:21 am
antigone says...

Wow, this is really great. Please post more! The only thing I noticed was sometimes the dialouge was a little confusing (hard to tell who's talking.) But overall it's brilliant!
:) :) :)

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Fri May 13, 2005 12:56 pm
View Likes
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

wow, this is really good, it shows great potential. this will be knew, because alot of the book i read about aleins attacking humans is from the humans point of veiw, this will be very interesting. i cant wait until you post more of it, so please do that.

506 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2005 5:46 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

Wow - nothing for four days... and then replies :).

Okay...

emotion less: You're probably right - in fact I don't even know why I put that in there. Probably cos Word's Spell Checker insisted on it and I gave in ;).

BlackDaisy: The confusion is one of the main reasons why I want to re-write this piece :).

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: Yup, I felt like telling a story through different eyes 8).

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu May 19, 2005 2:08 am
View Likes
Elizabeth says...

It didn't change my life, but in the time fo me to read it I had to take a break and change socks. I LOVED IT!!!

506 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2005 3:04 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

That comment goes right over my head, but thanks anyway :D.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Fri May 27, 2005 3:14 pm
Harley says...

This was pretty cool. I love the idea- it's amazing and really original. are you going to continue it or just leave it as a short piece of writing?

506 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2005 6:22 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

At the moment I have no further plans for it :).

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue May 31, 2005 2:26 pm
View Likes
Rei says...

It didn't hold my attention. There are two reasons for this. I could tell that you understood perfectly what was happening and why, but were holding back information to create curiosity. This is a concept I never really understood. I understand holding back certain kinds of information, like why and how a character died before the story started, or the kind of information that is held back in the Harry Potter books. But in this case,you're holding back so much that all I could think was, "Who the heck are these people, and why should I care?" I didn't properly understand what was happening or why. When keeping certain story elements secret until later, it should be key plot elememts, not basic world and character information like what the preparations at the begining are, or what the two different names mean.

The second reason is your sentence structure is too monotonous. Reading "I did this. I did that," over and over again gets tedious and boring.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

506 Reviews

Tue May 31, 2005 6:51 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

I agree with you on both points. In fact, they're the reasons I want to rewrite this.
But I have more interessting stories to write. So I'm gonna leave this as it is (for now anyway).

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:12 pm
View Likes
Ceylon says...

I like your mainstream, story line, but "I did that then I did this" quite uh... annoyed me. I liked your story, it just didn't feel right.
juste essayer

La fin d'ordinaire, et vous ne verriez pas ce que vient.

Comment bon il s'avérera être..

506 Reviews

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:11 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

*points to his above post :)*

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler