70 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 70
Thu May 13, 2010 12:42 am
Derek says...

I decided to put this in the Sci-fi section because this scene does
have an extremely sci-fi feel to it. Once again, not really my best/favorite
scenes but they're getting better. I think I just need to keep writing and
get myself out of this crapper I'm in. I'll fix this later, cause it needs it :P.

It becomes more Fantasy as we start to travel the different planets and see the
different gods, races, planets and Specials and what they have to offer.

...How It Is Now

"As you know, The Lasting is a ritual that we preform each year to praise our god Situs. This year however is slightly different. I am about to announce some news that was just released yesterday to each planets leader. The fragments left over from the mighty planet of Reins have been unlivable since the discovery of it over 2000 years ago. I am proud to announce that with the help of each and every planet we have establish the very first city on Reins!"

The crowd roared. It was an exciting moment for everyone in Lucidon. The fragments of Reins were full of natural resources that we couldn't recently obtain. Now that a city was on Reins we could establish ourselves there.

"There is but one small issue that still remains. While there is a livable city on Reins, and we will be selling housing to members of every planet soon, the problems we faced before are still a reality. For the time being only Specials are allowed to live on Reins."

The crowd became uneasy. Even though Sazel, the city where we lived, was home to Gala Academy most of the population was Non-Specials. Such an amazing discovery and only those blessed by the gods could live there. This of course didn't make the Humans happy.

"I know that you all are upset by this but please allow me to explain." The prime minister put his hands out to the crowd as if to physically calm them down. "Our reason for this decision is because Reins is still inhabited by monsters." The people gasped in shock. While a few of the other planets did have monsters, they were few and easily handled. Reins was sacred so it was quite a shock to discover it was defiled by monsters.

"For now, only Specials can live there because if monsters were too attack they would be able to promptly defend themselves. Until the monster population is lowered no Non-Special may live on Reins. This is still a happy occasion! Reins is almost livable by everyone and The Lasting is the perfect celebration for such an amazing achievement! Now, let The Lasting begin!"

Despite most not being able to live on Reins, they all cheered and celebrated The Lasting like they never had before. Rhea, Jake, and I didn't stick around for the party. Instead we went to talk to our own parents about joining those who were going to live on Reins. Jake's father decided to pay the way for all three of us, despite Jake and I just now becoming friends. We would be living without our parents, which was scary but exciting.

We weren't the only ones from Gala Academy to be transferred to Reins. Only ten out of the eight-hundred students in Gala Academy actually got to move to Reins. Now I'm sure that after reading all this you have a few questions. My name is Regal Grog, the first part of this story was written by Rhea Helmsworth. It's been two years since all of this happened. We are writing it because, we feel like we have too. What happened to Jake, we take full responsibility for it.

We want to write about everything. We think everyone deserves to know what really happened in these past two years, but even we don't know the whole truth.

________________________________________________________________________________________
(This IS a narration switch.)

A knock came at the door.

"Who is it?" Regal asked with curiosity in his voice.

"It's Rhea."

"Just one second." He took off his glasses and set them down on the table. Regal walked to the mirror on his door and ran his fingers through his medium brown hair. When he was satisfied he opened the door. "Hey Rhea. Do you need something?"

"Yea, we need you on the launch pad."

"The launch pad? Is something wrong with one of the ships."

"You'll see." Rhea smiled, her long black hair and bright green eyes making his heart skip a beat. "Well are you coming?"

"Oh right." He followed her down the chrome hall and they entered the elevator together.

"Please stand still why I scan you." The voice of a female robot commanded them. Two beams of light came down from the elevator ceiling to the floor, and back up again.

"Greetings Captain Rhea Helmsworth and Lieutenant Regal Grog. Where might I take you today?"

"The launch pad please." Rhea said formally.

"Yes ma'am Miss Helmsworth." The elevator instantly went into motion taking only seconds to reach its destination.

"So, are you going to elaborate any on this problem?"

"I actually have no idea what's going on. Commandant Shefield told me to get you and report immediately."

"Weird, I hope it's another mission."

"That's what I was thinking. Just shut up we're almost there." They entered the door leading to the launch pad. Rhea placed her hand on the keypad which identified them and let them through. When they stepped outside they saw wasteland. Rocky and barren no life could survive out there. More space could be seen then land. From the platform they could see multiple planets and other fragments of Reins.

"Captain." Rhea walked over the captain who was standing near one of their ships. He was gazing into the stars, his short jet black hair spiky atop his head. His uniform was different then any other captains, blue but trimmed in white. He turned to look at Rhea and Regal.

"Captain Rhea, nice to see you again. So this is Lt. Regal?"

"Yes sir."

"First Lieutenant Regal Den Grog. Pleasure to meet you Captain Armond. I've heard lot's of stories."

"All good I hope."

"Great tales of heroism and selfless."

"Don't believe everything you hear. People just love stretching the truth. Now enough with the banter I have a mission for your squad Captain Rhea."

"I thought all missions on Reins were being taken over by the EGP(Established Government of Planets)?" Rhea asked giving the Captain Armond a suspicious look.

"Wait when did this happen? I though the government was made for writing laws that applied to every planet as a galactic whole and didn't control any military powers?" Regal felt left out, again.

"Sorry I couldn't say anything earlier. The EGP does do what you said but they also control some military power so that they may enforce the laws on a galactic scale instead of using each planets resources and trying to divide them evenly." Rhea gave him a pat on the back.

"Can we get back to the mission please? This is very important and you shouldn't take it lightly. It's about Jake Thompson." The mood suddenly changed drastically. Both Rhea and Regal gained a very serious demeanor.

"When do we start?" Rhea glanced at Regal, giving him a slight nod.

"I'll brief you on the way there." All three of them walked up a nearby ramp, leading into one of the ships. While they looked into the future to find answers, the real truth was hidden in the past. Reins, the mighty planet of the gods. Everyday is was getting worse and worse. Everyone soon feared it would completely collapse. Their only hope lied in the mind of a boy named Jake who had disappeared a year ago. Giving up isn't always easy, but sometimes it's the right thing to do.

Next Scenes
We Were Scared
How We Got To Elenor
EGP On Fire
Cleof

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri May 14, 2010 10:56 pm
Shia225 says...

...wow...

You have light and peace inside you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.
— Uncle Iroh, Avatar the Last Airbender