Journal Entry Four : Aulani:

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:53 pm
RWMcKinleys says...

Journal Entry Four

10/15/01

Aulani

I’ve been staring at the same thing for over half an hour now, the brown fully packed carryon bag that lies on the tile floor. Lately I’ve been thinking of running away, running to Heaven Springs, Florida to meet him. Something tells me not to though, the little person who lives in my mind constantly trying to steer me toward the right direction. Life is all about choices though; you either make really good ones, or horrible mistakes. People always tell you that one day you’re going to have to grow up, to be able to decide for yourself. To actually make the big shots in life to either lead you the right way or the wrong. It’s time for me to make my decision, and hope that it is the right one. I close my eyes to think, but nothing happens. All that comes to me is I need to get out of here. With that one thought streaming through mind, my decision is final.

I push off the leather couch and take my first few steps toward the door. No one is home to stop me, no one can tell me to stay. I reach down and grasp the carryon luggage, holding it firmly I continue my walk toward the door. The wooden glass door seems to be further than ever before, or could it be I am just walking slowly? I will miss every single one of my family members; they will always have a place in my heart. I can’t help but think though, is he really all that much trouble to see? I mean what happens when I do find him? Will I come back home or stay in Heaven Springs? The answer reminds hidden somewhere beyond the locked door of life.

I am not completely sure how I will get there, knowing full well the minute my parents discover my absence police will be looking high and low for me all over the state. Right now the main objective is clear, get out of Michigan. I feel a tear rush down from my eyes; I am leaving a lot behind just to figure something out that might not even be real. I am abandoning shelter in the hopes that something greater will come from this. That maybe the answer will display itself and its true beauty. One can only hope though. I am not sure where I will go or how I will get to Florida. I am not sure what will become of my parents, one question they will ask until they hear from me again is, is she alive and well, or is she dead six feet under. I’ve never done anything like this in my life before. This is new to me, no goodbye letter or anything. I will simply leave and hope to someday return, with all my questions answered.

My hand reaches out toward the handle, I grip it without thinking. The handle slowly turns as the door swings open. I am confronted with the bright shine from the heavens above, the mighty sun that spreads warmth around the world, the sun that is sometimes blocked out by the glooming evil that surrounds us. One question I’ve always asked myself is where I stand in our universe. I am one person on eight planets, in one solar system, in one galaxy out of billions of others. I am no one special; I am like you and the person next to you. I have the same features you have but a little bit different. What if I don’t though? What if my visions are something exclusive to me and only me? I could be an evolution in human growth…the next generation.

This will be my final journal entry, whoever finds it I hope you learned a great or small deal about me. I could be roaming around you right now. I might even be standing next to you. My name is Aulani, your average teenager girl, or so I thought until one day everything changed. Maybe one day you will learn something new about me. Maybe one day I will be in the newspapers. My name in the headlines of an internet site, or the posters you see at stores concerning lost or kidnapped children. I would like to thank you for taking the time to discover who I am, and hopefully very soon you will learn more of me, but for the time being goodbye.

~~~~Aulani~~~~

Readers, I would like to personally thank each and everyone of you who read and reviewed my work. I greatly appreciate the time you may have spent reviewing it for me. For now this will be the last Journal Entry I will do. I am currently looking toward the future to write a novel about Aulani and her powers that will come later. Like I said before Thank you so much!

R.W McKinley

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:52 pm
SlyNightOwl says...

I. Hate. You.
:P Haha, juuust kidding. I love you and your story, but I hate that things have to be paused. In this post I hardly found any grammar mistakes/mistakes.Yay!

First question: What made Aulani, wherever she may live, decided to go to Florida in search of a boy she's only talked to once? Yes, I know they share the same ability to see each other in dreams, and maybe this is just the type of character she is, but why would she leave? D: What if mystery boy rapes or kills her? What if she is in my newspaper as a missing child? (Ha, juust kidding).

I have the same features you have but a little bit different.

What does this mean?

I am not sure what will become of my parents, one question they will ask until they hear from me again is, is she alive and well, or is she dead six feet under?

Question mark after that last bit.

Okay, since I was lazy and didn't read your "What do you think will happen in the next entry question" I say what I think'll happen next time. So what I think I'll be reading next will be about Aulani and her trip on her way to Florida. I also think that on her way to Florida she'll be sucked into another dream with the boy and they'll decided on where to meet (how dangerous, its like being on the internet). Then I think you'll be a butt head *:P* and end it just as Aulani sees the mystery boy waiting for her arrival and this time it won't be a dream but reality. Ugh, please don't do that to me D: Happy writing!

I think after the word parents should either be a semicolon or a period. One question they will ask until they hear from me again is: is she alive and well or is she dead six feet under.
Rah, rah, ree, kick em' in the knee. Rah, rah, rass, em' in the... OTHER KNEE!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:59 pm
RWMcKinleys says...

The answer to your first question: All part of the Mystery of people my friend :D

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn