Young Writers Society

YWS 3.O

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:50 am
Griffinkeeper says...

YWS 3.0

Grif looked out into space. He was alone on the bridge of the new YWS-3. The YWS-3 wasn't very tall for a space ship. It was very wide, with wings that were spread out in a gentle downward curve. The shape of it resembled a book that was wide open.

Grif frowned as he monitored his poetic energy. It was unusually high, which probably explained the bad analogy. He dismissed the screen and brought back the forum monitors with his hand. The forum was quiet, most of the members had gone to bed a while ago. The creative energy from their minds was feeding the engines of YWS-3, creating a gentle humming sound.

Not all the members were asleep though. Dargquon Ql'deleodna (known affectionately as DQ) was still wide awake. He was an insomniac. He didn't know what he did when he was up this late. Grif had seen some chatroom chatter, suggesting that DQ had a new pair of boxer shorts. Grif shook his head and decided he didn't want to know.

Behind him the door opened. He turned to see who it was. Nate was standing in the door, his eyes closed.

"¡Senor Marquez!" he called.

"Sir?" Grif asked.

"¡Senor Marquez!" Nate said, moving towards the control panel. "Necesito hablar contigo despúes de la pelicula."

"What the heck is going on Nate?" Grif asked.

"¿Qué hables?" Nate said, cocking his head towards the chair. He leaned in close and put his ear to the arm of the chair.

"¿Prefieres que destruyo YWS-3? ¿Por qué Senor Marquez? Tengo muchos amigos aquí," Nate said to the chair.

"No, don't destruyo anything," Grif said.

"Bien, si tu quieres," Nate said, as a section of the monitor came up. It was covered in red and read "Self Destruct." Grif saw this and threw himself at Nate. Both of them hit the deck hard.

"Wha- Grif? What are you doing?" Grif got off of Nate.

"I could ask you the same question. Why the hell were you talking to the chair in that gibberish!"

"Did I call it Sarah?"

"No."

"Then I have no idea," Nate said, before leaving the bridge. Grif looked at his watch. Another forty minutes on watch, then Dusky would come in.
Last edited by Griffinkeeper on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:17 am
Swires says...

LOL! Great story, I hope you will continue,. the plot was deep....very deep. Ive never read such an emotional piece.

lol...
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:50 pm
Areida says...

Hee hee... good stuff, Grif, good stuff. Except you spelled "forty" wrong. For shame. XD
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:32 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Eep!

*Edits*

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:00 pm
Meshugenah says...

*laughs* Ah, lord, Grif? I love these spoofs you write, I do.

I'll let you figure out what accents you missed on the spanish, though, mkay?

wait.. it's not "fourty"? Ah my head hurts.. that's how I've always spelled it.... *grabs "Elements of Style"* I'll check!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:21 pm
Duskglimmer says...

*laughs* This is great... And I'm mentioned! *does happy dance*

It took me forever to try and decipher all the Spanish though... I'm really out of practice...
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:36 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Quick translation for those who haven't taken or don't remember Spanish. (A.K.A: What I meant for the Spanish to say.)

"¡Senor Marquez!" he called.

Mr. Marquez!

"¡Senor Marquez!"

Mr. Marquez!

"Necesito hablar contigo despúes de la pelicula."

I need to talk with you after the movie.

"¿Qué hables?"

What did you say?

"¿Prefieres que destruyo YWS-3? ¿Por qué Senor Marquez? Tengo muchos amigos aquí."

You want that I destroy YWS-3? Why Mr. Marquez? I have many friends here.

"Bien, si tu quieres."

Okay, if you want.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:46 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Wow.. hehe, I like it. Not that it makes much sense, but it's funny all the same. :)

Only thing I'd say is how it's a spaceship at the beginning, then it sounds more like what it is, and the spaceship isn't mentioned again. That was a bit too odd..

Hehe, I like how Nate talks to the chair as well.

So, Grif, any sequels planned?
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:04 pm
Empress Kat says...

I'm quite amused. and glad this place is back... now I have something to do while i'm screwing around at work.
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:01 am
Griffinkeeper says...

This is a serial, so of course therre will be additions! This is the Integrate This! of Sci-Fis!

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:07 am
Ares says...

Expand definetly. Maybe have something about Drytear, eh? eh?

Great idea, I know.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:00 am
Griffinkeeper says...

"Hey Grif," Duskglimmer said, forty minutes later.

"Hey!" Grif responded. Dusky was wearing a jumpsuit that accentuated her body. The same could not be said of Grif.

"Anything unusual occur?"

"Nate came in-"

"He talked with Senor Marquez?"

"How did you know?"

"He usually comes in during my shift. So he's coming in earlier. Interesting..."

"Well, here's how we're looking," Grif said.

"We're looking real good aren't we?"

"Well, I suppose so."

"Two very good looking people," she said slowly.

"Yep. We could be a whole lot uglier. Anyways, our sensor relays reported-"

"Something good?" Dusky said, moving closer to Grif.

"Actually; no. It reported that there was an entire alien armada a couple light years from here, but we can probably avoid it if we change course."

"You want to move in a new direction?" Dusky said slyly.

"Well, yes. Don't want to run into trouble do we?" Grif wasn't quite sure what was going on. She was asking about astral navigation, but the way she was saying it was like... well, that was what Grif was trying to figure out. Grif moved over towards the computer, but Dusky slid in between them.

"Oh Grif, why don't we just go into hyperspace together, you and me."

"You sure it's a good idea?"

"No, it's a very naughty idea, but it will be well worth your while," she said, in that same voice. Grif squinted, he did that everytime he was trying to figure out something and shrugged.

"Alright, if you say so." He reached his hand down past her waist and pushed the hyperspace lever forward.

"WARNING! BRACE YOURSELVES FOR HYPERSPACE 3...2...1!" the computer terminal blared.

In a second, YWS-3 winked out of all sight.

A couple lightyears later, it winked back into sight.

"PROXIMITY ALERT!" the computer said first.

"ATTACK DETECTED. EMERGENCY PROTOCOLS ACTIVATED."

"Oh boy," Grif said.

From bow to stern, a loud noise calculated to wake everyone resounded through YWS-3.

"BATTLE STATIONS!"

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:53 am
Jiggity says...

Tsk Tsk. That was...disturbing. That whole flirting thing is just...no. *smacks griffy* No! As the resident arab, I demand a bomb of some sort........should I be mentioned........which I should be considering the ship has all YWS ppl within it.........is smaur among the aliens?........overall, second installment=good. Brava.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:56 pm
Meshugenah says...

OMG!

Gif! Just what I needed first thing in the morning. Read at your own risk, eh?

Oh gods. I might be back later with something a bit more coherent, but then again, maybe not :shock:
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:22 pm
Duskglimmer says...

*blinks rapidly*

Oh... my... cow...

A side of me I never knew! A side of me that scares me emensely! A side of me that... I want to smack upside the head for being so incredibly obvious. Whatever happened to staying a woman of mystery?!

Anywho... this is good. Continue.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

The words you speak become the house you live in.
— Hafiz