Reviews: 83
Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:07 pm
stupidiot92 says...

Here is the 3rd chapter of my book

please comment PLEASE :cry:

Chapter 3
The Rescue

“It’s been a while and Makajeh hasn’t answered us.”

“I’m beginning to think he’ll take the power we gave him and try to become more powerful than us.”

“We want chaos to reign, but did our well chosen pawn have an ulterior motive?”

“I think we should choose another that is willing to do what we ask and kill Makajeh.”

“How about this one? She seems to hunger for power just as much as Makajeh does.”

“How will we single her out? She’s surrounded by those others all the time.”

“We’ll just have to wait and be patient.”

“Okay guys, we need supplies,” said Wyvern while his stomach was growling.

“The barracks and the temple are the only places I know that have food and drink that doesn’t rot,” said Rone from the bookshelves.

“I’ll volunteer for the barracks,” said Wyvern thinking of all the weapons.

“I’ll go with him,” said Sisilia soon after.

“Well that leaves you two to go to the temple,” said Rone looking at Alexandria and Sendoma.

Sendoma moaned and started walking off. After stopping to think for a while he turned around and asked, “What are you going to be doing, Rone?”

“I need to finish these translations and I am injured,” said Rone a little defensively.

“Okay everyone let’s get this tiring little task over with,” said Sendoma with a sigh.

“Wow, there are a lot of dead bodies here,” said Sisilia, with her
wakazashi drawn, completely disgusted.

“Yea, and they all seem to be holy warriors,” said Wyvern, also disgusted.

“Let’s get the food and let’s get out of here.”

“We could also use some projectile weapons for traps.”

“Hey Alexandria, this place has no dead bodies,” shouted Sendoma so Alexandria could hear him around the corner.

“Really? The carnage didn’t reach this place?” said Alexandria completely surprised.

“I guess they don’t call temples holy for nothing. What’s with this tree in the middle of the stone path?”

“I don’t know. The stone isn’t broken though.”

“What?”

“When a tree grows through stone it breaks the stone.”

“I know that. I’m not stupid. I said what because there is no
reason why this stone shouldn’t have broken.”

After Sendoma said that the tree started morphing. The whole process took a while but after it was done there was a teenage woman about the age as everyone else standing there in white robes which faded to red at the bottom. She had just beyond shoulder length brown hair with green eyes and wielded a pure white staff.

“Wait! I mean you no harm. My name is Danara. I am a priestess of the temple. When the attack started my mentor told me to camouflage myself with my hide technique and wait for help,” said the priestess in a calm but serious tone.

“Don’t worry we won’t harm you. How come there are no bodies here?” said Alexandria.

“The temple guards and priests went to help defend the city. My master told me to hide in case no other priests made it so I could heal the survivors,” said Danara.

“Let’s get back to the library before we run into trouble,” said Sendoma cautiously looking around.

“Too late,” said an Ankishi standing in the only exit.

“Alexandria listen to me. Take Danara to the library and heal Rone. I can handle this guy,” whispered Sendoma
Alexandria looked at him and nodded. She whispered the directions to Danara.

“Ready?” asked Sendoma getting ready to charge the Ankishi. Both
Alexandria and Danara nodded. Sendoma rushed forward and knocked the Ankishi backwards. Alexandria and Danara ran through the exit and around Sendoma fist fighting the armored Ankishi. They continued into the residential district of the town.

“Watch out. There are many places where they could be hiding,” said
Alexandria cautiously looking around.

“I’m not sensing anyone, but they may have some way to block my magic,” said Danara trying to keep up with Alexandria.

“We have,” yelled a deep, scratchy voice behind them. Both of them stopped and turned around. They saw a man in black armor that was surrounded by a fiery aura.

“Danara, continue to the base. This guy shouldn’t be to hard,” said Alexandria with doubt in her words.

“But…”

“Go. I can fight easier without having to protect anybody and Rone might be in trouble,” said Alexandria with her katana drawn and shining purple.

The Ankishi grabbed two swords that were strapped to his back like an x.
Danara turned around and started running again. The Ankishi started running after her. Alexandria ran after him and shoved him to the ground.

“Your opponent is me, not her,” said Alexandria.

The Ankishi slashed his words in Alexandria’s direction. She jumped out of the way and moved in between the Ankishi and Danara. The Ankishi rushed at Alexandria while his swords erupted in flame. Alexandria readied her katana. As the Ankishi got in reach he slashed. Alexandria blocked one of his swords and dodged the other. When the swords clashed sparks flew in all directions. Alexandria quickly retreated out of reach of the Ankishi. The Ankishi ran at her again. She blocked one of the swords, but the second was heading straight at her. Suddenly, a pitch black shield appeared in the way and vaporized the sword. The Ankishi never knew this happened because at the same time his body imploded then exploded.
Alexandria didn’t know any of this happened because she teleported away before the shield was created.

“You have no idea what your getting yourself into, kid,” said the Ankishi to Sendoma while Sendoma was smiling.

“Just because you killed all the others doesn’t mean you can kill me,” said Sendoma standing there relaxed while the dark knight was preparing to attack.

“You overestimate your powers,” said the Ankishi while he was creating a ball of fire on his hand. Sendoma just stood there even when the Ankishi threw the ball of fire at Sendoma. The ball of fire expanded into a ball of flame big enough to engulf an elephant. Just before the ball of flame hit Sendoma huge roots erupted from the ground and formed into a dome shield around Sendoma.

Right after the ball of flame passed Sendoma the Ankishi saw the dome of burning vines. The vines broke apart into dozens of wiggling vines that were on fire.

“Like I said. You can’t kill me,” said Sendoma still standing in the exact same spot with a smile on his face.

Right after he was done saying that he pointed his finger toward the Ankishi and all the vines rushed toward the Ankishi. Once the vines got in reach of the Ankishi, they thrust toward him with incredible speed. He was able to dodge the wave of attacks but was slashed on the ankle in the second wave. After the second wave of attacks the vines halted. The Ankishi, who had fallen to the ground, got to a kneeling position. The vines thrust forward again, and the Ankishi jumped into the air at the same time. The vines change their direction and at least half a dozen of the vines were stuck deep into the Ankishi. The Ankishi died soon after being stabbed by the vines, but his body continued to burn due to the flames on the vines.

“You should’ve listened to me from the start,” said Sendoma still standing in the same spot that he was in from the beginning with a smile.

“Wyvern, I saw two Ankishi while I was outside,” whispered Sisilia just as she entered the armory.

“What? Where are they now?” asked Wyvern suddenly serious.

“I saw them just entering the barracks.”

“We need to leave if we still can.”

After Wyvern said that they left the armory with no supplies not even weapons. They walked through a courtyard and another building to get in sight of the exit. They saw the two Ankishi just standing in front of the exit talking. They moved closer to hear anything that the Ankishi were saying.

“Makajeh said that two of the survivors came this way,” said one of the Ankishi.

“This will take a while if we just stand here,” said the other.

“I’ll go look for them,” said the first one as he started walking off.

“Sisilia, you stay here and wait for that one to leave. When he leaves you ambush the one just standing there. I’ll go after the other one,” said Wyvern.

“Wait,” said Sisilia, but Wyvern was already out of hearing range. “That’s an incredibly stupid plan. Well I hope I don’t die.” Sisilia stood and walked to an open spot in the courtyard after Wyvern and the other Ankishi was out of sight.

“So you finally decided to show yourself. Where’s your friend?” said the Ankishi as he saw Sisilia come out from the garden.

“Taking care of your friend,” replied Sisilia.

After hearing that, the Ankishi drew his double sided axe. Sisilia drew her wakazashi and ran toward the Ankishi. The Ankishi ran toward Sisilia. When they were close enough to attack, the Ankishi swung his axe at Sisilia to behead her. She ducked then jumped at the Ankishi. She jumped past the Ankishi and turned around. The Ankishi stood there for a moment then dropped his axe and fell down with blood trickling out of his right shoulder.

After a while he stood up slowly. When he was done standing up, he was struggling to keep up, and he was holding his shoulder.

“How’d you…cut through… my armor?” asked the Ankishi weakly.

“I have difficulty honing my magical skills so I decided to work on physical strength, accuracy, and speed. I saw a dent in your armor and stabbed my wakazashi into that dent. The dent gave way really quickly and you know the rest. Unfortunately, you tried to kill me so now I have to kill you,” said Sisilia looking at the blood drip from her wakazashi.

“I won’t be easy to kill,” said the Ankishi while unsheathing a dagger from a scabbard on his side. Both Sisilia and the Ankishi ran at each other again. The Ankishi stopped and slashed at Sisilia. Sisilia backed away so the dagger barely missed her. Then she rushed and thrust her wakazashi into the Ankishi’s exposed throat. The Ankishi fell to the ground dead.

“Now where’s Wyvern?” asked Sisilia to herself.

“Hey you, there is no need to search anymore. I’m right here,” said Wyvern several feet behind the Ankishi.

The Ankishi turned and drew his sword quickly. He rushed at Wyvern with his sword turning bright red. Wyvern just stood there not moving or flinching. When the Ankishi was close enough, he slashed at Wyvern. The sword immediately stopped floating several inches above Wyvern’s clamped hand. It took a while for the Ankishi to notice the clear, faint, black aura around Wyvern’s arm in the shape of a serpent dragon’s head. Wyvern flexed his fist and the faint dragon head bit and crushed the glowing sword.

“The dragon spirit,” said the Ankishi scared as he was backing away. He tripped over a stone and fell. He didn’t even try to stand up. He crawled backwards, away from Wyvern, but never took his eyes off Wyvern. Wyvern looked at him and ran with his arm engulfed by the dragon in a position to punch the Ankishi. He stopped right above the Ankishi and thrust his hand down and clamped his fist together. The dragon also thrust down, bit, and crushed the Ankishi instantly.

“To think you could kill the holder of the spirit of dragons,” said Wyvern while the dragon head was disappearing. After the dragon head completely disappeared he went running back to the gate. He reached it after a while and didn’t see Sisilia.

“Sisilia, where are you?” yelled Wyvern frantically.

“Wyvern where have you been?” asked Sisilia coming out of the brush.

“No time. If they knew that we were here that probably means that they know about Rone, Alexandria, and Sendoma. We need to help Rone first. He is alone and injured. Let’s hope Alexandria and Sendoma get lucky,” said Wyvern quickly, making it sound like gibberish.

“For being stupid normally, you sure have your smart moments. Okay, let’s go,” said Sisilia surprised at Wyverns burst of intelligence.

“What? Where am I?” said Alexandria waking up to see pure black.

“You are in the cave of chaos where the chaos council meets.”

“Who said that? Where are you?” asked Alexandria completely
frightened.

“I told you. We are the chaos council.”

“What do you want with me and how come no one else is talking?”

“No one else is talking because they can’t. They can only
communicate to me and each other. I can speak to you because I am the voice of chaos. We need you in order to maintain chaos in the world.”

“Why do you need me? The holy warriors who maintained peace have been annihilated.”

“The leader of those that killed the holy warriors, Makajeh, will most likely set up a new world order. It will have chaos at first but ultimately will start an endless age of peace.”

“What makes you think I’ll help you guys? After all I was training at the holy warriors’ academy.”

“Your thirst for power is great. We will grant you power and
knowledge beyond Makajeh and any other mortal being.”

“So I have to kill Makajeh to be given this power?”

“No we will give you the power if you accept and then you must kill Makajeh and maintain chaos in the world to maintain your power. The power we give you will make you age slowly and, unless you are killed by a mortal, you will die with the world like us. Your power will also increase to be almost as powerful as us.”

“Let’s see a display of this power,” said Alexandria while she drew her katana and lit it up. As soon as it was completely lit up a black aura covered it and made it pitch black again.

“We do not like the light. Do not do that again. So what of our offer?”

“Let me think about it. Is there anyway I can contact you guys when I’ve decided?”

“We will give you a necklace that takes sound from one place to another.”

As soon as he was done saying that Alexandria was teleported back to where she was to see an exploded dead body on the street.

“Well better hurry back to the library,” said Alexandria to herself.

“All these symbols are from different languages except they are flipped upside down. Whoever created this language must have been extremely intelligent in the magical arts,” said Rone finally recognizing some of the symbols.

“Why’d we get sent to the library? The kid that is said to be here is alone and injured,” said a voice near the entrance of the library.

“Stop complaining. Just be thankful it isn’t a large library,” replied a voice that was closer to Rone than the first.

After hearing those voices Rone ran and hid in an area where he could see them but they probably wouldn’t see him. They stopped and Rone took this chance to strike. He launched a bolt of ice at the closest Ankishi. The bolt of ice was a direct hit, but the Ankishi didn’t seem to be fazed by the hit at all. He slowly turned his body in the direction of Rone while he was chuckling quietly.

“You can’t beat us with magic,” said a voice directly behind Rone.

Rone, completely startled, turned around to see the other Ankishi readying his sword to strike. Thinking as quick as he could, Rone put his index and middle fingers up and together on both hands. A light purple aura formed around them into a shape of tiny daggers. He put the two magical daggers in the shape of an X and stopped the Ankishi’s blow. Rone threw the Ankishi’s sword off to the side and started running toward the entrance of the library.

“Now your mine,” said the first Ankishi who appeared from nowhere as he was slashing his sword at Rone. The sword was close to beheading Rone when Rone felt a sharp pain in his ankle. He tripped since he temporarily lost feeling in his foot, and the sword skimmed over Rone’s head just missing him. He had tripped right into the bookshelf and felt the knife in his left shoulder get jammed in even farther.

Rone took this chance and tried to stab the Ankishi in his knee, but the magical daggers wouldn’t pierce. Then Rone made the conclusion that the hellish aura around the dark knights negated magical spells. Rone put all his pressure on his uninjured foot and sprung up towards the Ankishi’s head. The Ankishi tried to bring his sword up to block but was too slow. Rone had jumped up and plunged his left hand into the exposed part of the Ankishi’s neck. Right after Rone saw the life leave the Ankishi, he felt an unbearable pain in his left shoulder. He screamed and fell to the ground clutching his left shoulder, trying to stop he immense pain.

“If that dagger had not been there, then my sword would’ve cut your heart, and you’d be dead instead of feeling agonizing pain,” said the other Ankishi who Rone had forgotten about. He readied his sword and slashed again. A yellow shell appeared around Rone. The Ankishi’s sword bounced off the shell and the shell disappeared. Rone looked at the entrance and saw a really hot girl that looked like she was about his age. She wore a white robe that slowly transitioned to red at the bottom and wielded a white staff that was pure white with a bright light emanating from the top.

Rone noticed that the Ankishi had let his guard down so Rone jumped to attack the exposed part of the neck. The Ankishi jumped backwards and dodged Rone’s attack. He brought his sword up and tried to slash Rone. Another yellow shell appeared and stopped the Ankishi’s attack.

“I can hold him off for a while but I don’t know how long,” yelled the priestess already looking stressed.

Rone nodded and continued trying to attack the defenseless parts of the Ankishi’s armor. The Ankishi picked up Rone with his free hand and threw him against a book case. The Ankishi ran towards the priestess and tried to slash her. However, a white shell appeared and pulsed at the Ankishi. The Ankishi went flying into the air. From out of nowhere, Alexandria rushed in and jumped into the air. She pointed her katana up towards the Ankishi. He tried to block her attack with his sword. She plunged her katana into his heart and he died instantly. Right after Alexandria killed the Ankishi the priestess ran next to Rone who was barely conscious.

“My name is Danara. I am a priestess and I can heal you but it may hurt a little,” said the priestess in a stern voice.

“…please…” said Rone barely able to speak.

“Okay this will hurt,” she said as she put her hand on the hilt of the dagger that was in Rone’s left shoulder. She pulled it out as fast as she could. Rone screamed and fainted. She got on her knees, put her hands together, and bowed her head. Rone’s body began to glow white and a light purple ring constantly moved up and down Rone’s body.

“What happened?” asked Sisilia as she entered the library with Wyvern behind her and Sendoma not to far away running towards the library.

“Rone was attacked,” responded Alexandria just as Sendoma walked into the library.

“Is he alright?” asked Sendoma.

“Danara says that he should be,” responded Alexandria

“Wait. Who’s Danara?” asked Wyvern.

“The priestess, over there, healing Rone. Me and Sendoma
found her at the temple,” responded Alexandria.

“Okay, Rone should be alright. He just needs to rest. I imagine that the pain he endured must have been unbearable,” said Danara after a moment of silence.
Last edited by stupidiot92 on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:52 pm
stupidiot92 says...

i am posting this cause my other stuff when they got commented their veiws soared!
It doesn't think, doesn't feel.
It doesn't laugh or cry.
All it does from dusk 'till dawn
is make the soldiers die

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:55 pm
Writersdomain says...

Ooooh, the plot thickens. This is pretty good. Your phrasing and sentence structure is improving immensely!

Island-Hopping

No, I'm not talking about the Pacific Theater style of battle during World War II.

In your earlier chapters, you did a lot of hopping between groups of characters, and when you had fairly small amount of characters, that was all right. But now that you have this huge of a cast, the hopping is confusing and makes it harder for you to develop the characters. I don't mind it if you skip between characters and such, but adding more substance and characterization to each segment would make it much easier to follow. Your island-hopping makes the pace lurch forward erratically and baffles the reader. Combining some of the section that include the same characters may also help with this.

Characterization

As I mentioned above, your island-hopping is hindering your ability to characterize. Some of your characters are all right, but you have a lot of characters and some of them seem very dry at the moment. I have a hard time telling them apart from the rest. Characters like Alexandria and Sendoma seem to just be letters on a page in this case. You did manage to characterize Sendoma rather well later on in this bit, but Alexandria - I just cannot seem to get a feel for her. You have a lot of dialogue here - try distinguishing your characters through the kind of dialogue they use. Give insights into them; describe their expressions, exactly how they do what they do. Make them unique, make them living, breathing humans. Make them real. If you can do this, it will pull the reader in and emotionally invest them in the story.

Description

Your description of battle scenes is rather good, but when we get into dialogue and rather stagnant sections of the chapter, you seem to drop description.

You need that description - for characterization and for setting the stage of the story. Don't overdo it, but I suggest at least using description to characterize everyone.

Alexandria

I never guessed she would be the one to kill Makajeh (which is not a bad thing, mind you.) I kept thinking maybe Sisilia, maybe Danara... but I never thought Alexandria and I like that. :D

Anyways, I mentioned this above in characterization, but Alexandria seems dry. She has been hired to kill Makajeh - we need to know about her. The perrfect opportunity for this is when the 'chaos council' offers her this job. Right now you just give her some dialogue and she says she'll think about it. However, this is a great opportunity for characterization. What are her reactions to the offer? What is she feeling? Is she worried what it might mean? Does she have any feeling whatsoever towards Makajeh? What are her views on killing? You don't have to address all of these, but including some characterization of her there woud be very powerful.

There were also a few grammar/spelling stuff in here, but I think you can find that stuff with a simple proofread. I have faith in you. Just one little thing...

“I have difficulty honing my magical skills so I decided to work on physical strength, accuracy, and speed. I saw a dent in your armor and stabbed my wakazashi into that dent. The dent gave way really quickly and you know the rest. Unfortunately, you tried to kill me so now I have to kill you,” said Sisilia looking at the blood drip from her wakazashi.

Okay, I may be wrong here, but this really doesn't sound like Sisilia.

Despite my criticism, I really did like this. The plot is thickening and still has me hooked despite the lack of characterization and such. Nice job here - I am looking forward to reading more chapters.

:lol: This is going to sound really weird, but throughout this piece, I found myself rooting for Makajeh. I really want him to turn out to be a protagonist. Probably just me and my tragic self, but yeah, I'm strange. (Please don't make him a protagonist if you're not planning to just because I want it - that would not be good. :wink: )

Well, again, great job here and keep writing! PM me if you ever need anything. :D
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:12 pm
Kylan says...

Listen to WritersDomain!! Ahe knows what she's talking about!!

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:02 pm
biancarayne says...

“It’s been a while and Makajeh hasn’t answered us.”

“I’m beginning to think he’ll take the power we gave him and try to become more powerful than us.”

“We want chaos to reign, but did our well chosen pawn have an ulterior motive?”

“I think we should choose another that is willing to do what we ask and kill Makajeh.”

“How about this one? She seems to hunger for power just as much as Makajeh does.”

“How will we single her out? She’s surrounded by those others all the time.”

“We’ll just have to wait and be patient.”

I think in the way you start out with this, maybe some detail and stuff about who might be talking rather than just the dialogue would do a lot. It would be an excellent way to further hook the reader and have this mysterious air.

Another wonderful start, and this is definitely already better than the other chapters. Just practice with the dialogue and the characters to make us more involved with what's going on, because as it is I don't care much who dies and who lives, and that's not good.

I love how we all band together to break things...
— Kelpies