z

Young Writers Society

Midnight Darkness #7 part one

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:38 am
BigBadBear says...

Chapter Seven: My Mistake

I stopped in front of her. She had gasped and put her arms around a tree. She knew she was trapped. There was no other way out.

Kill her. Kill her now!
No.

I stood there, not being able to say a simple sorry; I couldn’t transform until dawn. My eyes were bright, pleading with her. I needed her to know that I was truly sorry for what I had done. If I could have done anything that moment, it would have been that.

She muffled out a cry, and said, “Go away! I never want to see you again!”

I opened my mouth, showing my long, white fangs. My tongue flickered in and out of my mouth, like a snake, forming words. I just wished that I could talk.

I purposely trembled my lip, and widened my eyes, forcing tiny tear drops out. This was incredibly hard, because I don’t usually cry. The woman suddenly hopped down from the tree she was holding on to, and ran at me, screaming and yelling, “Go away! Go away!”

One of her kicks landed in my gut, and I whimpered as I fell to the soft ground. I looked down at my now bruising wound and scrutinized it. Oh, that was going to hurt in the morning.

What are you doing, fool? Kill her!

No. I will not kill another human being. I will never kill one again.

The woman stared at me, and I stared back. She had blue eyes, like Payton. Her blonde hair was all curled up and hanging loosely at her side. Tears streamed out of her beautiful eyes. She was so precious; so delicate. How could I have killed her husband?

I softly howled, trying to say, “I’m so sorry.”

She backed up against the tree she had come from and looked away. The woman wiped her tears on her long jacket, opened her mouth and uttered a long cry.

That was when I saw it.

I saw her teeth. Her beautiful teeth. White, pearly and long. They were fangs.

How could such a beautiful woman have fangs? What did that mean?

She is a Vampire, a Hag. She is an outcast of the Vampires. I told you to kill her. Now look. She is still alive. You can still kill her. Do it. You know you love that feast. She is the only way for you to get out of the Trials. Kill her.

The temptation was so strong this time. I had no idea what hit me, but it did. I bared my fangs, and she jumped. The woman shook her long hair out of her face and showed her long teeth too.

She’s a Hag. She wants to kill you. Don’t let that happen.

“Don’t worry,” I thought, “I won’t.”

I lurched myself at her, and she put up her arms in defense. I, being very strong for a werewolf, hit her arms and broke through them. She screamed and bared her fangs, going in for the bite.

I hurled out of there as fast as I could and licked my lips. She would be a wonderful meal. Just like her husband.

Wait! What am I doing? I was going to say I was sorry to her! She’s a Hag. You have to kill her to get out of the Trials.

I sighed and jumped in the air, landing just beside her. She growled, and with amazing speed, launched herself up the tree that she was standing by. Once halfway up the tree, she pulled out something from her jacket.

It was a knife. A silver knife.

I laughed inwardly. Silver couldn’t hurt us. Once she stabbed me, it would be like any other wound. It would heal on its own. All I need to do is kill her. Yes, I need to kill this Vampire!

I took a deep breath and gnashed my teeth at her. She was up on the top of the tree, jumping from limb to limb, trying to stay away from the ground. What a little sissy.

I clawed my way up the tree easily. My claws stuck in the hard, sappy wood and came out easily. Once I was up the fir tree, and hung on to a branch, and it snapped.

I cried out and hastily stretched my paws out for another one, but I fell down too quickly. I landed with a dull thud on the ground, pain shooting throughout my leg.

Where was she? Where was the Hag?

Behind you!

I jerked my head around, and saw a shoe. The shoe kicked me in the face, and blood instantly started to flow down my snout, into my mouth. Not a pleasant taste.

The force of the impact hurled me to the ground, and my head was thrown against a rock. More pain, except now it went through my skull, threatening to crack it open.

Tears rolled out of my eyes as I laid there, waiting for the pain to subside. Where was she now?

Kill her, you idiot! Kill her!

I can’t if I can’t find her! Slowly, I lifted my torn up werewolf body from the ground and searched the battle area. She wasn’t there. The Vampire was gone. But where?

“You stupid – ” a voice cried, and I snapped my head back, seeing the Hag hurling herself at me. I jumped up to her, and clawed her in the shoulders. I knew that my rock hard claws hit her shoulder bone, because I felt that satisfying crack that I just went crazy about.

She uttered a scream of pain, and fell still. Her body went limp, and her breathing came out in ragged breaths.

Had I killed her? Not yet, but you are very close. Now feast on her. Let her die.

I put my head over her head so she could look into my bloodshot eyes. The instant she saw my furry face, she turned her head so she would look, but I threatened her with a bark. She sighed and looked at me, terrified written across her face.

No. That wasn’t it. She didn’t look terrified anymore. Her blue eyes were soft and calm, just like Payton’s had been. Why wasn’t she afraid of me? Why?

Kill her you idiot! Kill her!

No, not yet. I want to know why she isn’t afraid. I want to know why she doesn’t hate me.

“I don’t hate you,” the woman said, and I jumped in surprise. How did she know that I was thinking that?

“I don’t hate you at all,” she said, and she put her arm against her pierced shoulder blade to stop the bleeding, but it didn’t help. She was going to bleed to death.

I barked, trying to say something, but of course, werewolves can’t talk. Why couldn’t it be the middle of the day? Then I could transform back!

“What do you want to say?” she asked me calmly. A chill crawled up my back as I stared into her eyes. My lip trembled for real this time, and I knew what I had done.

Who was I to try to kill her? Why was my werewolf side taking over?

“Release it. Don’t let the evil take over. You are the good side. The good always wins,” she said, and then uttered a cry and clutched her heart.

How do I release it? My friend told me that once a werewolf, always a werewolf.

“That is not true. Your friend is a liar.”

The instant she said that, my heart turned cold and I snarled at her. Payton was not a liar!

“He has made a bond with you, no? Yes, I could tell as much,” she said, trying to choose her words carefully.

What bond has Payton made with me?

“The bond of friendship. Payton is your friend. Friendship is the most valuable thing God has ever created on this earth. Without friendship, there is no life.”

My blood flow stopped and I stared gently into her eyes. Tears filled up in the corner of her eyes, and I closed my own. My knees started to wobble, and I got off of her. I walked around her, studying her every move.

Her hand was placed over her heart, as if it were her heart that was having problems, not the shoulder blades that I had pierced.

I knew for certain that all I wanted to tell her was I was sorry. I wanted to ask her for forgiveness. Would I ever be able to?

“Come,” she said weakly. I scurried over to her on my four feet and stared at her. Her jacket was covered with blood and her eyes became faint.

“Tell…tell Payton that…that Sarah is still alive. Tell Payton…” she stopped talking and spat out blood. She sighed and continued, “Tell him to come and find her.”

I nodded. My heart was full of grief and sadness, because I knew that she didn’t have very much time.

What is your name?

She smiled one last time and said, “Ronda.”

Ronda closed her eyes and never woke again.
Last edited by BigBadBear on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:03 am
cat4prowl says...

hooooly crap. that was the most awesomest thing i have ever read. thanks alot bigbad how am i supposed to wait for the next part after that?! i mean... its just... and... and... and... write more! perhaps before i explode.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:27 am
Kim says...

OMG, that was so awesome, wow. the way you discribe the emotions is so good. this story rocks. it just keeps getting better and better. when you talk i can see you as a wolf moving around. hurry and post the next one, please.

kim

Wicked people never have time for reading. It's one of the reasons for their wickedness.
— Lemony Snicket