z

Young Writers Society

The Anarchy Part 3

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:00 am
servant4christ says...

Hey here is part three to The Anarchy. I made some changes to the other parts so you might have to re read them. I hope you enjoy. Please comment!

The Anarchy Part 3

Rina pulled the dead man’s body away from the burning building.

Pennet jogged up to meet her. “What are you doing?” he asked wiping ashes away from his sweaty forehead.

Rina blinked back tears. She wasn’t used to feeling emotion from death. Though, she had been around it all her life. But this death, for some reason felt more important to her than the rest. “He was still alive,” she said quietly. ”I was trying to save him.”

Pennet sighed, “You can’t save every life and this library could collapse any minute! You’re just wasting our time!”

Rina looked around at the fire blazing around them with a feeling of despair. ”We can’t just leave him,” she cried desperately.

Pennet gave her a sympathetic look. ”We have to go,” he said softly.

Rina looked down at the man. He looked so peaceful despite the blood trickling from out of his mouth. She looked at the book he had given her, and remembered his dying wish. “Alright I’m coming,” She said, wiping away a tear that had somehow escaped.

Pennet gave her a weak smile and put his arm around her trembling shoulders. Together they walked to the bus.

The library collapsed behind them and Rina squeezed her eyes shut. She tucked away the book into her bag and climbed onto the bus.

Finally they reached East Hills High, their high school. All the kids clambered out of the bus. Rina hiked her bag onto her shoulder and headed over to where her friends had gathered away from all the noise on of the high school campus. Ne’car, Trisella, and Caleb (who wasn’t officially part of their group yet) huddled away in a corner to discuss the previous night’s activities.

Caleb looked up at Rina with his Murky green eyes. “Hey there,” he said politely.

Rina nodded in acknowledgement and focused her attention on the rest of the group. “I have to show you something,” she said earnestly. She pulled out the book the man had given her. Trisella took one look at it and went back to examining her nails. Ne’car wasn’t very interested either. He was busy discussing with Caleb that morning’s news and how chaotic the world was. As if no one already knew that.

Pennet looked down. “It’s a book,” he said flatly.

“No it’s more than that. This has the secrets to stop the anarchy!” Rina cried.

Pennet looked slightly annoyed. "Are you feeling alright?" He asked.

"I know it sounds crazy, but I believe it can help us! The man at the library told me that the police were after it. That's why they burned the library down!" Rina said passionately.

Just then the bell rang. “We’ll have to look at it later,” Pennet said sighing.

Rina watched him leave. He definitely had a leader air about him. As a matter of fact, he had been sort of nominated silently as their leader. There wasn’t a vote or anything, but everyone looked up to respected and listened to him. Everyone that is, except for Trisella. Trisella had always been jealous of Pennet because she wanted to be the leader. She hardly ever listened to him and played by her own rules. Rina didn’t think Pennet was aware that he was their leader, but he knew that Trisella wasn’t especially fond of him. Caleb waited for Rina to catch up to them. He had all the same classes as Rina and had always sort of liked her. Rina sort of guessed this and she liked him too. But they never said anything about it.

Their first class was P.E. which due to the times, had turned into P.D. (Physical Defense). Rina didn’t like that class, so she didn’t mind skipping out to go read the book.

Caleb followed her to the part of the school that no one used due to a poisonous gas bomb that had been set off a month before. The motive was to kill everyone in that part of the school, but one of the teachers had seen the bomb before it had exploded and had gotten almost everyone out in time. That section of the school could not be used, because the teachers were afraid that too much exposure to the air would make the kids sick, so they sealed the area off.

The assassins had never been caught. Rina walked into a dark classroom and picked up an over turned chair to sit down. The marble floor was littered with papers and all the tables and chairs had been strewn around the room. She fingered the book reverently.

As Caleb patiently waited for her, She slowly opened the cover and read the first line. Every gift is given for a reason. The trick is to use it wisely. Your gift will be given based on what you can handle. Rina stopped reading and looked up to Caleb. “What in the world is this talking about? I don’t have a gift.”

Caleb shrugged. “Keep reading,” he suggested.

Rina nodded, and read on. Read these words out loud carefully, but be warned, once you enter this world there is no turning back.” Rina stopped again. ”I don’t like the sound of this.”

“Maybe we should wait for the others” said Caleb.

Rina stiffened, remembering how none of them had listened to her, as usual. “No let’s keep reading,” she said. Each gift is unique and the Giver knows who will handle each best. Recite these words and turn the page. Then your gift will be revealed. Rina laughed, “What, is this a joke?” “You have got to be kidding me,” scoffed Caleb “This just sounds like a load of crap to me. I’m out of here.” With that he strolled out of the room with his hands shoved into his pockets. Rina was tempted to follow him but she couldn’t get the scene of the burning library out of her head. “Someone really wanted this book destroyed,” she whispered to herself. She glanced back down to the book. “I can’t believe I’m doing this,” She muttered. She read the words that were supposed to give her the power. To see all is a burden, to hear all is a trap, to stop, destroy, and probe is a gift and a curse. Use this gift wisely. She turned the page. On it was a picture of a transparent mind with a shield around it. It was surrounded by a bunch of pictures. Below it were the words, Congratulations! You have received the gift of mind reading and defending. You will be able to set up mental force shields and become invisible to anyone you please. “Yeah right,” Rina snickered.

Just then the class room door opened and a half bald teacher with tiny round classes walked in. He was holding a clipboard and appeared to be making a list. “Good gracious what are you doing? You know this room is off limits!” He asked. Rina was about to get up when suddenly she felt something. The feeling was not her own but rather someone else’s. It was a feeling of surprise and suspicion. Rina was feeling the teacher’s emotions! Rina tried not to panic, “Sorry, very sorry,” she mumbled. This isn’t happening! She thought to herself. She slammed the book shut and tried to get around the teacher. “What were you reading?” Asked the teacher, innocently enough. He blocked her way to the door so Rina had no choice but to answer. “Just a book about umm…the mind,” She said as casually as she could.“Oh how interesting, may I take a look?” The teacher asked. Rina had no choice so she handed him the book. The teacher looked at it over the top of his glasses. “My my, what have we here?” He said. Rina felt a sudden rush of emotion gushing out of the teacher. It was pure hate. Whatever was in the book had sparked this emotion. “Listen I have a class in a few minutes and I gotta get there like now.” Rina said pulling the book away from the teacher. “Oh do you now?” Asked the teacher. He seemed hesitant to let the book go. Then suddenly he seemed to remember something. “Well we can’t have you late to class now can we?” he said letting go of the book. Rina shook her head. “Nope, we sure can’t.” She slipped the book under her arm and fled the room. The teacher made no movement to stop her but she heard the flipping of a cope (a communication device) and him saying, “Raid? Yeah I found it.”

Rina wasted no time in getting away from the room and ran into a brightly lit hallway with giant windows taking up the wall on either end. She ran right into a tall girl that she had never seen before and knocked her over. Rina could sense her surprise and annoyance “Whoa, sorry didn’t see you there,” said Rina hurriedly while she helped the girl up. The girl dusted off her jeans. “It’s okay no harm done, I’m Myra.” She said slowly. She brushed a piece of honey brown hair away from her face revealing a set of deliciously gray blue eyes accented with a finely shaped nose sprinkled with freckles. Rina felt the girls caution and without thinking blurted out, “don’t worry, I’m a friend!” The girl stiffened, “who’s worried?” Rina looked away in embarrassment. “No one, nothing, never mind.” She mumbled. Myra slowly smiled, “You are very odd.” She said. Rina smirked, “people have said that.” Myra laughed, “Then I’m sure we’ll get along. From behind them someone yelled, “You there! Stop!” Rina turned to see the teacher who had caught her before standing in front of a group of police officers. “Gotta run!” cried Rina spinning on her heel. “Wait! I can help you! I’ve out run these bozos a million times before!” Myra said earnestly. Rina paused,” how can you help?” Myra thrust her hand forward, Rina felt a blast of wind shoot out and instantly the large window at the far end of the hallway blew out. Since they were on the third floor, they were pretty high up. Wind filled the hallway making an unbearable roaring sound. “Hold on!” Myra shouted. She pulled Rina towards the window. Rina screamed to be heard above the noise. “Are you crazy?!?” Myra smiled “Maybe just a little,” she laughed. She concentrated on fighting against the wind to get to the window. Rina looked back to see all the police officers grabbing onto doorways to keep from blowing away. The teacher stood in the middle of the hallway unaffected by the wind.He watched Myra and Rina fight to the window. He glared darkly in Rina’s direction and for a second his dark brown eyes met hers. Rina saw all his thoughts and flashes of scenes from his past. It hurt to see them though, her mind throbbed with pain. This is unreal. She thought. It felt as though she was connected to his mind. The teacher looked away severing the connection as well. Instantly Rina’s pain ceased. They had now reached the edge of the window. Rina looked down and became very dizzy. They were so high up! “On the count of three we are going to jump!” Myra shouted. “No Way! We’ll kill ourselves!” Rina screamed. “You have to trust me!” Myra cried desperately. And for some reason, Rina did. “One,Two,Three!” Both girls jumped off the edge. Right before they hit the ground Rina felt herself being pulled back up. Myra was flying and she was pulling Rina up with her! “Yahoo!” Myra yelled. Rina looked back. The school shrunk away behind them.
Last edited by servant4christ on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sometimes you've just got to accept the way things are and move on, but not us...

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:54 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

I'll be sure and review tomorrow. :wink:
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

182 Reviews

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:29 am

Here I am as promised. :P

These paragraphs are all monstrously huge.
:roll:

Rina pulled the dead man’s body away from the burning building.

Pennet jogged up to meet her. “What are you doing?” he asked wiping ashes away from his sweaty forehead.

Rina blinked back tears. She wasn’t used to feeling emotion from death. Though, she had been around it all her life. But this death, for some reason felt more important to her than the rest. “He was still alive,” she said quietly. I was trying to save him.” You forgot a space between sentences. :(

Pennet sighed,You can’t save every life and this library could collapse any minute! You’re just wasting our time!Always have commas before dialogue, and you forgot to capitalize the 'y' in 'you'. :D

Rina looked around at the fire blazing around them with a feeling of despair. We can’t just leave him,” she cried desperately. Again, you forgot a space between sentences. And, bring the writing down a line whenever a new character speaks, or when they do an action. :wink:

Pennet gave her a sympathetic look. ”We have to go,” he said softly.

Rina looked down at the man. He looked so peaceful despite the blood trickling from out of his lip mouth. A little cut in his lips sounds too small. Blood coming out of his mouth is more terrifying. She looked at the book he had given her, and remembered his dying wish. “Alright I’m coming,” She said, wiping away a tear that had somehow escaped.

Pennet gave her a weak smile and put his arm around her trembling shoulders. Together they walked to the bus.

The library collapsed behind them and Rina squeezed her eyes shut. She tucked away the book into her bag and climbed onto the bus.

Nice ending. I commend you on it's brilliance. :smt023

Finally they reached East Hills High, their high school. All the kids clambered out of the bus. Rina hiked her bag onto her shoulder and headed over to where her friends had gathered away from all the noise on of the high school campus. Ne’car, Trisella, and Caleb (who wasn’t officially part of their group yet) huddled away in a corner to discuss the previous night’s activities.

Caleb looked up at Rina with his Murky green eyes. “Hey there,” he said politely.

Rina nodded in acknowledgement and focused her attention on the rest of the group. “I have to show you something,” she said earnestly. She pulled out the book the man had given her. Trisella took one look at it and went back to examining her nails. Ne’car wasn’t very interested either. He was busy discussing with Caleb that morning’s news and how chaotic the world was. As if no one already knew that.

Pennet looked down. “It’s a book,” he said flatly.

“No it’s more than that. This has the secrets to stop the anarchy!” Rina cried. You forgot a period.

Pennet only looked slightly interested. I don't think interested is the right word. Because, any sane person would find what Rina said absolutely hysterical. :lol: I mean how could a book contain the secrets to end anarchy? Perhaps you could reword the entire sentence as saying something like: 'Pennet looked at her like she had gone loony.' or 'Pennet looked at her as id he were gazing at a mad woman.' or 'Pennet gave her a worried look.' You get the idea. Play with it and you will come up with something. :wink:

Just then the bell rang. “We’ll have to look at it later,” sighed Pennet. 'Sighed' is not a dialogue word that I known of. Perhaps, 'Pennet said sighing.' :?: :P

Rina watched him leave. He definitely had a leader air about him. As a matter of fact, he had been sort of nominated silently as their leader. There wasn’t a vote or anything, but everyone looked up to respected and listened to him. Everyone that is, except for Trisella. Trisella had always been jealous of Pennet because she wanted to be the leader. She hardly ever listened to him and played by her own rules. Rina didn’t think Pennet was aware that he was their leader, but he knew that Trisella wasn’t especially fond of him. Caleb waited for Rina to catch up to them. He had all the same classes as Rina and had always sort of liked her. Rina was not aware of this but she liked him too. She was not aware of it? Is the narrator some sort of God like being? :? I know there are books like that, but it's best to have everything told by the character if there is only one main protagonist that the story is told from.

Their first class was P.E. which due to the times, had turned into P.D. (Physical Defense). Rina didn’t like that class, so she didn’t mind skipping out to go read the book.

Caleb followed her to the part of the school that no one used due to a poisonous gas bomb that had been set off a month before. The mission motive was to kill everyone in that part of the school, but one of the teachers had seen the bomb before it had exploded and had gotten almost everyone out in time. 'Motive' is a better word to describe it. That part section of the school could not be used, because the teachers were afraid that too much exposure to the air would make the kids sick, so they sealed the area off. You used, 'part' a lot of times, so I suggested another word. :wink:

The assassins had never been caught. Rina walked into a dark classroom I combined the word for you. As far as I know it is supposed to be one word. and picked up an over turned chair to sit down. The marble floor was littered with papers and all the tables and chairs had been strewn around the room. She fingered the book reverently.

As Caleb patiently waited for her, She slowly opened the cover and read the first line. Every gift is given for a reason. The trick is to use it wisely. Your gift will be given based on what you can handle. Rina stopped reading and looked up to Caleb. “What in the world is this talking about? I don’t have a gift.”

Caleb shrugged. “Keep reading,” he suggested.

Rina nodded, and read on. Read these words out loud carefully, but be warned, once you enter this world there is no turning back.” Rina stopped again. I don’t like the sound of this.” Don't forget spaces between sentences! And, brought down a line since it's from Caleb's perspective.

“Maybe we should wait for the others” said Caleb.

Rina stiffened, remembering how none of them had listened to her, as usual. “No let’s keep reading,” she said. Each gift is unique and the Giver knows who will handle each best. Recite these words and turn the page. Then your gift will be revealed. Rina laughed, “What, is this, a joke?” Added a coma, and the one in blue should be omitted. :wink:

I would review the entire thing, but it;s mostly repetitions of the same errors.
:D

Closing words: :smt039

What I liked: As always you incorporate some great moments into your stories. And, wow! Your action scenes are fantastic! You're only a recent new member too? So am I! :P (There are quite a number of articles on here that will help you improve your grammar. If you need me to, I will give you links to them.

What I did not like: You have a lot of missing commas throughout. I'm pretty sure I did not catch all of them. You can look up some good grammar articles on Google. Or like I mentioned before, you can find some great resources on here. :wink:

Happy writing. :P

- :smt059
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:21 pm
servant4christ says...

Thank you for your help! I edited it and made a few changes. I'm not completely done but hopefully it is readable now. Part 4 is coming soon...I hope
Sometimes you've just got to accept the way things are and move on, but not us...

182 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:00 am

Remember the rule of keeping the actions and speaking parts of different characters on separate lines. :P

- :smt059

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:47 am
Ghost42 says...

I definitly liked it. The one thing I love about all of these parts is that they all have suspense and it seems as if the entire book is the climax. I noticed a few errors. There wasn't a thing I didn't like, it was amazing and I am exited to read the next part. Keep up the good work and work on the errors. (I would type it on micosoft office word and copy/paste it on here, its a lot easier and it helps minimize the number of errors made ;)
If there is one thing I never go anywhere without, it's my pencil.
Another thing, if schools don't allow wepons, then why do they allow pens? Because, if the pen is mighter than the sword, doesn't that mean the pen is a wepon too?

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson