z

Young Writers Society

Bloodlines #1: Chapter 2

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:27 am
koinu160 says...

Chapter 2 - Friends

“You’re late!” yelled a cold voice as I skated through the metal gates of the small park close to the Westchester Bluffs. A park that was about three or four blocks from my house.

“Who are you my mother,” I yelled back.

The park was completely empty minus the two teenager who were starring at me. A sixteen year old guy and a girl sat on the steps of the metal apparatus giving me silly looks. I rolled my eyes and pushed the button on my ‘skates’ again changing them back into to shoes.

“I will never get tired of seeing that,” said the girl with a grin.

“I will,” said the boy rolling his eyes.

“Well it looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning” I said with a frown “so what’s up Rex, did you not have your coffee this morning? Or did your old lady kick you out again?”

“Ha ha ha,” he responded dryly.

Rex Garcia had to be the most stubborn person I have ever met in my life. But underneath all that he’s a trustworthy, cool as ice, down to earth, and honest person. It was for that reason that I considered him to be my brother. He was an inch shorter than me (at 5’6) but more muscular. His midnight black hair was medium length and was always tied into a short ponytail and fell in front of his tanned skin and red eyes. He was a self proclaimed bad ass and always wore black (and I mean always) but he was always ready to kick some ass to help out a friend.

“Yay!” chirped Kairi as she ran up and jumped into my arms “hey, little brother”

Kairi Hunter is the oldest of the three of us but by far the smallest (standing at 5’1). Sometimes she’s calm and cool but the rest of the time she’s always more wired than a three year old hyped up on sugar. She was tan (like every girl in California) and had long dark flowing hair that fell to her shoulder blade but was short in the front. The playful green eyes of a kitten were the first thing most people saw but she was far from playful. She wore a red shirt and black jeans (her two favorite colors) with black Chucks to match. But she, like Rex and myself had the same star shaped birthmark on the back of her left hand.

Did I find it odd that we all had the same birthmark in the same place...hell yeah. Did I really care...not really.

“Alright party people” said Kairi sarcastically “why don’t we head towards the school. you know how much I love Dr. North’s class”

Rex and I both laughed. “We know”

And with that we started making our way down the street towards school.

. . .

Westchester High was about a block from my house, two blocks from the park, and right next door to the airport. The 7:50 Qantas Airbus roared overhead as we walked through the front gate and straight into the E-Building where our first class of the day was. The hallway was filled with students all running to get to their first class on time (or on their way to their locker).

The three of us walked a few feet into the building and turned into our first class of the day. Art, with our very...passionate teacher, Dr. North.

I took my seat in the middle of the class, between Rex and Kairi, just as the tardy bell rang.

“Welcome back students,” said Dr. North, a woman in her late thirties at least, “I hope you all had a pleasant weekend. I know I did”

I rolled my eyes and made a low groan.

Dr. North took no notice and continued. “I hope you all took this weekend to see or learn something artistic. Let’s go around the room and hear what you all did”.

Now it was time for the class to groan. But once again Dr.North paid no attention to it, and started going up and down the rows.

She was only at the third person in the first row when there was a loud knock on the door. The entire classroom got quiet in an instant as two people walked into the class.

The first was a boy. He couldn’t have been older than 16. He was tan skinned and had the physique of a swimmer. He wore a blue baseball cap, a pair of blue jeans, and a tan sweatshirt, but I could clearly see the midnight black hair that fell to the middle of his back (and in turn was tied into a long ponytail). His eyes were partially hidden behind his bangs but even with that I could see a pair of silver eyes staring at me.

“Contacts,” I thought “they’ve gotta be contacts. They’re nice though”.

I shifted my attention away from him and to the other individual.

The second person was a girl. She looked the about the same age as the guy next to her but that was the only thing that the two had in common. His hair was a soft black color and was worn down to her shoulder blades and in front of her face. She had a light tan which went along perfectly with her deep blue eyes. Eyes that looked like the ocean on a clean night.

“Can I help you?” asked Dr. North as she moved from her desk and to the two people who just walked in.

“Um yes,” said the guy in a calm but deep voice “is this Ms. North’s class”

“It’s Dr. North,” she corrected with a grin “and yes this is. Are you two the new students I was told to expect”

“Yes ma'am,” said the girl, her voice even calmer than the guys,

“Alright everyone,” said Dr. North as she took their white program cards “can I have your attention please. I would like to introduce our newest students, Hikaru Cobalt” -she pointed to the girl- “ and Joshua Williams -she pointed to the boy- “Hikaru is from New York City, New York and Joshua is from Miami, Florida. So let’s make sure they feel at home, okay”

The class groaned an in unison “yes ma’am”

The two turned to one another and walked towards the back of the class where the only empty seats were.

They were only halfway between the front and back of the class when my sharp pain shot through my hand. My whole body tensed and I was almost happy that happened, otherwise I would not have seen it.

Sitting in the center this new kid Joshua’s left hand was a small black mark. A birthmark in the shape of a star. And in the same instant I saw Hikaru’s hand and gasped as the the same mark shimmered in the florescent light. But for an instant I swear I saw their birthmarks glow.

Something was wrong here. Very very wrong.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:00 pm
WebzTycoon says...

I'm enjoying your story. Can't wait for more! :D

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:32 pm
WRITINGNEON says...

03, 2011 4:27 am

Chapter 2 - Friends

“You’re late!” yelled a cold voice as I skated through the metal gates of the small park close to the Westchester Bluffs. A park that was about three or four blocks from my house.

“Who are you my mother,” I yelled back.

The park was completely empty minus the two teenager who were starring at me. A sixteen year old guy and a girl sat on the steps of the metal apparatus giving me silly looks. I rolled my eyes and pushed the button on my ‘skates’ again changing them back into to shoes.

“I will never get tired of seeing that,” said the girl with a grin.

“I will,” said the boy rolling his eyes.

“Well it looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning” I said with a frown “so what’s up Rex, did you not have your coffee this morning? Or did your old lady kick you out again?”

“Ha ha ha,” he responded dryly.

Rex Garcia had to be the most stubborn person I have ever met in my life. But underneath all that he’s a trustworthy, cool as ice, down to earth, and honest person. It was for that reason that I considered him to be my brother. He was an inch shorter than me (at 5’6) but more muscular. His midnight black hair was medium length and was always tied into a short ponytail and fell in front of his tanned skin and red eyes. He was a self proclaimed bad ass and always wore black (and I mean always) but he was always ready to kick some ass to help out a friend.

“Yay!” chirped Kairi as she ran up and jumped into my arms “hey, little brother”

Kairi Hunter is the oldest of the three of us but by far the smallest (standing at 5’1). Sometimes she’s calm and cool but the rest of the time she’s always more wired than a three year old hyped up on sugar. She was tan (like every girl in California) and had long dark flowing hair that fell to her shoulder blade but was short in the front. The playful green eyes of a kitten were the first thing most people saw but she was far from playful. She wore a red shirt and black jeans (her two favorite colors) with black Chucks to match. But she, like Rex and myself had the same star shaped birthmark on the back of her left hand.

Did I find it odd that we all had the same birthmark in the same place...hell yeah. Did I really care...not really.

“Alright party people” said Kairi sarcastically “why don’t we head towards the school. you know how much I love Dr. North’s class”

Rex and I both laughed. “We know”

And with that we started making our way down the street towards school.

. . .

Westchester High was about a block from my house, two blocks from the park, and right next door to the airport. The 7:50 Qantas Airbus roared overhead as we walked through the front gate and straight into the E-Building where our first class of the day was. The hallway was filled with students all running to get to their first class on time (or on their way to their locker).

The three of us walked a few feet into the building and turned into our first class of the day. Art, with our very...passionate teacher, Dr. North.

I took my seat in the middle of the class, between Rex and Kairi, just as the tardy bell rang.

“Welcome back students,” said Dr. North, a woman in her late thirties at least, “I hope you all had a pleasant weekend. I know I did”

I rolled my eyes and made a low groan.

Dr. North took no notice and continued. “I hope you all took this weekend to see or learn something artistic. Let’s go around the room and hear what you all did”.

Now it was time for the class to groan. But once again Dr.North paid no attention to it, and started going up and down the rows.

She was only at the third person in the first row when there was a loud knock on the door. The entire classroom got quiet in an instant as two people walked into the class.

The first was a boy. He couldn’t have been older than 16. He was tan skinned and had the physique of a swimmer. He wore a blue baseball cap, a pair of blue jeans, and a tan sweatshirt, but I could clearly see the midnight black hair that fell to the middle of his back (and in turn was tied into a long ponytail). His eyes were partially hidden behind his bangs but even with that I could see a pair of silver eyes staring at me.

“Contacts,” I thought “they’ve gotta be contacts. They’re nice though”.

I shifted my attention away from him and to the other individual.

The second person was a girl. She looked the about the same age as the guy next to her but that was the only thing that the two had in common. His hair was a soft black color and was worn down to her shoulder blades and in front of her face. She had a light tan which went along perfectly with her deep blue eyes. Eyes that looked like the ocean on a clean night.

“Can I help you?” asked Dr. North as she moved from her desk and to the two people who just walked in.

“Um yes,” said the guy in a calm but deep voice “is this Ms. North’s class”

“It’s Dr. North,” she corrected with a grin “and yes this is. Are you two the new students I was told to expect”

“Yes ma'am,” said the girl, her voice even calmer than the guys,

“Alright everyone,” said Dr. North as she took their white program cards “can I have your attention please. I would like to introduce our newest students, Hikaru Cobalt” -she pointed to the girl- “ and Joshua Williams -she pointed to the boy- “Hikaru is from New York City, New York and Joshua is from Miami, Florida. So let’s make sure they feel at home, okay”

The class groaned an in unison “yes ma’am”

The two turned to one another and walked towards the back of the class where the only empty seats were.

They were only halfway between the front and back of the class when my sharp pain shot through my hand. My whole body tensed and I was almost happy that happened, otherwise I would not have seen it.

Sitting in the center this new kid Joshua’s left hand was a small black mark. A birthmark in the shape of a star. And in the same instant I saw Hikaru’s hand and gasped as the the same mark shimmered in the florescent light. But for an instant I swear I saw their birthmarks glow.

SO NOW I HAVE YOUR STORY PASTED AND I''M SUPPOSED TO USE A DIFFERENT COLR TO SHOW YOU MISTAKES.. PROBLEM THERE ARE NO MISTAKES I LOVE IT ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we stitch these wounds

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler