z

Young Writers Society

This is no longer a book!

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:07 pm
aj14 says...

Sorry. This isn't a book anymore. It wouldn't let me delete the book. So I just did this.
Last edited by aj14 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:02 pm
MasterGrieves says...

OMG IT'S A CLIFFHANGER! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:31 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Hey aj! Back again! :)

So I'm finding it really strange that Travis has been more or less living in the interrogation room. It seems they would either let him go home, but keep a police watch on his house, or put him in a jail cell (probably more likely) since they did arrest him this time. He's suspected of murder, but that's no reason to treat him inhumanely. ;)

Also, it seems like they should have had Travis cleaned up and put into a nice suit or something before sending him into the court room. Anything to make him as presentable and non-murder-like as possible.

The whole court scene comes off as pretty unrealistic as well. Everything down to the way that questions are phrased has a set way to be done, or else it will be overruled (I participated in Mock Trial in high school, and it was crazy all the ways we had to do things). So I suggest doing a bit of research into court proceedings to smooth some of that stuff out.

I don't have much else to say concerning this chapter. I'd like to see more prose surrounding the conversation, to give more personality to the people involved. Right now it's mostly a string of dialogue without a lot to support it.

And, cliff hanger! Off to see what the verdict is! :)

Keep writing!

-Lauren-
Got YWS?

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore