z

Young Writers Society

This is no longer a book!

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:09 pm
aj14 says...

Sorry. This isn't a book anymore. It wouldn't let me delete the book. So I just did this.
Last edited by aj14 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:59 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Hey aj!

Wow, I did not picture Travis as twenty one. It would benefit the reader if there were more of a description of him in the first chapter, because I imagined him much older considering he had a past as a con-man. That clarification will help a lot.

I think I'm really starting to like Darren's character. He came off as this overly nice cop, but now seeing this other side to him that doesn't seem as unrealistic. Of course, he still could stand to act a little more professional in early chapters. I really like this turn in his character, though. I wasn't expecting it, and it plays to the story rather well. I'm interested to find out what his motivation may be for acting this way.

I'm..a little iffy on Drew right now. Particularly with the way Travis fell for her so easily. She didn't do much spectacular other than wear attractive clothes and talk to him, so falling in love so quickly seems unrealistic. I could understand if maybe he starts to feel attracted to her, and then after interacting with her for a while he falls for her. I also kind of like that he plans to break that last rule xD Gotta love a bad boy.

Anyways, I'm liking where the story is going. Although, I'm still wondering about the whole lying thing. It hasn't had such a strong presence in most of the story thus far, so I'm curious as to the part it plays. I'm also intrigued by Travis' character, and am wondering about his con-man ways. Has he given those ways up in favor of pursuing a more honest life? Or does he still suffer from those tendencies? If so, I'd like to see some of that in his character and in the story.

Another nice chapter, keep writing!

-Lauren-
Got YWS?

All we can do is our best, and hope that it was enough.
— CandyWizard