z

Young Writers Society

[Title Pending] Chapter Two

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:30 pm
number32 says...

This chapter is pretty long as I added a bit at the end. Since I edited it a bit it seems quite fidgety. I welcome critiques gladly!
Edit: I shortened it.

There were sirens blasting from the corners of cells and hallways but Hydra stood still; looking solemnly at the man wearing the silky cloak and hood pulled up. She could hear the distant howls from the other prisoners, happy that they were being given such a lucky opportunity. Hydra, however, knew there was a catch.
“So? You’re breaking me out for what exactly?” She asked.
She could sense the man under the cloak smile slightly. “Well, since you’re a Myth, we want you to be part of The Head of The Bloody X’s,” He pauses. “The other prisoners are just going to be the soldiers.”
If she had eyebrows, they’d be raised right now.
“Don’t try to deny your powers, Miss, I can tell by that pretty little face of-” He was cut short by Hydra’s strong grasp on the neck of his cloak.
She pressed her turquoise face close to his so that the sides of his hood were tickling the sides of her face. “Don’t you dare. Unless you want my lovely scales to meet your skin.”
He didn’t feel intimidated by this physical force, he just continued. “You know you want to join us. It’s either joining us or the opposing team or you being killed by us or the opposing team. You choose” He put his arms up in a surrendering position, the sleeves of his cloak dropping down to his elbows, revealing his sickly, pale-almost-green skin.
“Are you one too? Are you a Myth?” Hydra asked.
He hesitated. “No. The Leader just hired me.”
“Leader…?”
“Mane, Leader of The Bloody X’s,” He quickly added “Make your mind up, we don’t have time. The police will be here soon.”
“Show me your face.”
The man in the cloak shrugged and pulled down his hood, revealing his cheaply-dyed black straight hair which snaked down his shoulders and back to reach his waist. The eyes which looked at Hydra were a cold grey; they were tough, demanding, angry eyes.
Hydra licked her blue, scaly lips, smiled and replied; “Sure.”

Metis, a Myth who had supernatural intelligence hurried into the room as Serpia sipped at a glass of wine. She looked over at the young Asian boy wearing the cloak; she decided it didn’t suit him.
“Miss…Serpia…” He said between breaths, he’d obviously been running from wherever he was. “An Australian prison was broken into!”
Serpia raised her eyebrows and ran her finger through her long hair. She frowned at the ends which were still stained from the cheap purple hair dye and promised herself that she would dye it again.
“This soon?” She mumbled “Thank you for that piece of information, Metis, you can get back to your weapons now.”
“Thanks, Miss,” He said and hurried out of the room.
Serpia stood up from her chair and walked around the cheaply-furnished room.
“It’s not too bad, is it?” She but failed to convince herself. “Fine, it’s a terrible base but it’s hidden and the rest is spacious.”
She had to find some more recruitments, she thought as she left the room and walked through the labyrinth of corridors until she reached the right one.
Inside, Metis was hunched over a desk, scribbling something down a piece of paper. He looked over his shoulder when she entered, then jumped up and smiled weakly.
“Metis, I want you to tell the soldiers that we’re starting a mission this evening.”
“Of course, Serpia, I’ll go and inform them right this minute.”
But as he walked past her, she tapped his arm. “I need some weapons by then, too, get it done.” And she left the room.
The glaive was beautiful; the handle was made from a tough dark wood. It was decorated with metal spikes before the sharp, shining blade at the top of the pole. Serpia caressed her new weapon happily.
“And since you said you were such a good swordswoman, I got you this…” Metis handed her a bronze scabbard. Her grey eyes twinkled with glee as she rested the glaive against the wall and carefully held the scabbard. Slowly, she pulled out the Schiovana.
“Oh my…” She breathed and observed the beautifully crafter weapon in her hand. She practiced the guard position before belting the scabbard and sword onto her cloak. “Have you made any firearms and explosives for the army?”
Metis nodded eagerly. “I gave the load to them before I got here.”
She nodded and looked down at the floor, then left the room and approached the preparation room crowded with twenty-or-so men and woman armed with guns and canisters. When she entered the room, it suddenly became silent. Serpia began:
“Now, several of you will go first and blow up on side of the wall and then you run back to the meeting point. The second wave will go next with their explosives and run back to the meeting point. I and another seven will go next, blowing up a wall and infiltrating the prison. The previous fourteen will then enter the prison after we enter first. Got that much?” She asked, looking around the room. When there was silence she continued “Right, when we’re in there, we shoot or blow up any doors and the prisoners will exit gladly. Make sure they go into the truck, got it? The driver will drop them into the forest where they’ll run through and enter another truck which will then transport them here.”
Serpia looked around at the measly humans then exited the room, the soldier following.

The prison was quite big, around one thousand prisoners in there but the truck was huge and Serpia was sure around six-hundred could be able to fit in there and the rest would probably just run after it. Although, that wouldn’t be the best scenario. Who cares? One thousand prisoners with machine guns facing a few hundred coppers?

The first seven were positioned at the doorway of the old warehouse, waiting for Serpia’s word to go. In their hands were home-made explosives capable of blowing up a small part of a wall. One of the seven had a match box and was the one to set them all off.
Serpia observed the prison out of the window and then yelled: “GO! GO! GET OUT THERE!”
And they were off, she saw them place the canisters down onto the ground and run back into the warehouse. The woman with the matchbox struck a match and hurriedly lit the canisters fuses, then fled back through the warehouse’s door.
Serpia watched intently, the fuses getting shorter and shorter until…
Boom!
The bombs explode and the second wave of soldiers run past the cloud, put the canisters down onto another side of the building, light them and then run back. The fuses are shorter on these explosives and in just three seconds the explosives blow, causing a cloud of smoke to rift away from the wall and leave a scattered pile of debris. Serpia jumps up and runs with the twenty-or-so soldiers through the cloud and leaps through the exploded walls. Small bombs are placed infront of the cell doors and blown off their hinges; the white corridors of the prison suddenly turn dirty and echo the loud bangs going off everywhere. There are screams and shouts and cries of joy as waves of prisoners leap out of the holes in the walls and make their way to the trucks.
“Go to the trucks and follow the instructions there!” The soldiers shout.
It’s going splendidly and faster than Serpia had expected. Then an unfamiliar sound erupts in the prison, the sound of gun shots. She dives to the ground and holds up her hands, concentrating. The guards of the prison, the ones who had fired their shot sound confused; they’re murmuring to themselves. Serpia lifts up her head and smiles. A dozen bullets are hovering in mid-air. She slams her palms down and they all drop.
“Fire!” She screams and leaps back up, gun shots fill the air.
The corridors aren’t even corridors anymore, the cells all merge to become on huge room. Serpia walks into one cell to find a young girl standing up and staring at her.
“Why are you breaking all of us out?” She asks, confidently.
Serpia looks at the girl with her long auburn hair and replies. “What are your powers?”
The girl purses her lips and thinks before answering carefully. “Self sustenance…yours?”
Serpia smiled. “I can manipulate air. You’re a Myth, I would like you to join the Head. I’m using all the human prisoners as soldiers for the army but you seem talented.”
“Why do you need an army?” She asks.
“I’m fighting against another side, he declared a duel. I’ll explain it when we have more time, come.” Serpia beckons.
“It’s getting me out of prison, I‘m not going to decline an offer like that.” The girl follows Serpia as she steps out of the hole in the wall, prisoners are cramming into the truck, and the other has already left. “I’m not getting into that.”
Serpia smiles at the girl “Of course not, you can come with me.”

The shopping centre waiting room is packet full of dirty criminals. They talk and laugh to themselves as they are handed their uniform of a simple tunic, trousers and a black padded jacket. Soon they will have a proper base, once they take over more land. But it’s not time for that yet, that’d make it too easy for the measly England government to capture them. Once the army and Head grows, once they make more weapons and once they are trained; then Serpia will snatch the land and everything on it from the humans. But not yet, no, not yet…

In the Head room a tall, pretty girl with auburn hair was standing, waiting for Serpia. She played with her short floral dress and rubbed her bare calf. She looked young but her eyes were those of a murderer; angry and yearning for blood. Metis didn’t think much of her, she was too girly in his opinion but Serpia told him to bring all the Myths he could to join The Head. He stood awkwardly in the room with the girl standing beside the cabinet.
“What can you do?” She asked him, her voice was confident, a voice Metis didn’t like.
“I’m clever.” He replied bluntly.
“Oh,” She replied, rubbing her arm slowly “I don’t need to eat, drink, sleep or go to the bathroom. Cool, huh?”
Metis ignored her and hoped for Serpia to come and assign her a job soon.
“What’s your name?” She asked, breaking the precious silence.
Metis sighed quietly. “Metis, you? Not your real one, we have to make an alias,”
“Really?” She replied, looking up. “Well then…I want to be called Pheme.”
Last edited by number32 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 53
Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:10 pm
Preachergirl18 says...

This spam review has been removed by Big Brother.

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:11 am
charcoalspacewolfman says...

OK, so before I begin my review I’d like to start by saying it is not a particularly good review.
I hate your characters. Pretty much all of them are imperialistic egomaniacs with a complete disregard for their surroundings and minions. There seems to be no logical reason for Mane to be fighting Serpia (which does seem to be the norm with duels, but still) and if you were to kill off either of them I wouldn’t be in the least saddened. The Myths they pick up are much the same; soulless, cold people who are just acting like puppets doing whatever the story dictates. The only person in this that I actually halfway like is Metis. Why? Well, mainly because I can relate to him. He’s kinda subservient, shy, doesn’t dress properly...he’s the only person with something of a personality. Everyone else just seems angry. For no reason. Give me a reason. Why does x happen? Z did x, but what is Z’s motivation? You need a y.
I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist the pun.
Remember that nonfiction is about events, but fiction is about relationships. Your relationships may be set in the middle of a war between two worlds in the icy tundra of South America during a modern-day ice age, but the plot is merely a vehicle. Without a driver, it’s just sitting there. being a hovercraft. It’s not any fun because all it does is sit there. I mean, even just turning it on and watching it spin around in circles is kinda fun, but you still need to have someone turn the ignition at least.
As for mechanical errors, the biggest problem I found here is that you switched tenses suddenly. If that happened in real life the past would suddenly become the present and--Panic! Paradox! Parking meters! So keep the past in the past and the present in the present and don’t mix the two.
HMS Tragedy?! We should-we should have known!!!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:02 am
StandStrong says...

So I'm quoting your whole work in the spoiler below, with my comments added in. This is what I'm thinking as I'm reading--it more closely resembled when I have a hard copy I can mark up. So you need to open to spoiler to get at what my specific examples. Below the spoiler I will summarize what I think and what I think you should do. I got referred here from your Team Red post, so I haven't yet read chapter 1 to know what's going on. ;) I will bear this in mind through my review.
Spoiler! :
There were sirens blasting from the corners of cells and hallways but Hydra stood still;should be a comma, not a semicolon, go to http://www.grammar.quickanddirtytips.com for more information on this stuff. Also [url]owl.purdue.edu[/url] has a section on grammar if I recall right looking solemnly at the man wearing the silky cloak and hood pulled up. She could hear the distant howls from the other prisoners, happy that they were being given such a lucky opportunity.The first half of that sentence is great, the second half needs some help; maybe she looks at the stranger with a mixture of relief and suspicion Hydra, however, knew there was a catch.
No need for the "however", good stand alone sentence.

“So? You’re breaking me out for what exactly?” She asked.great opportunity to add some sort of a motion to her to help define her character. Does she chew her lip? Stamp a foot? Cross her arms? Wave a finger?

She could sense the man under the cloak smile slightly. “Well, since you’re a Myth, we want you to be part of The Head of The Bloody X’s,” He pauses. “The other prisoners are just going to be the soldiers.”
Say "he paused", to keep everything in the same tense. You can drop the "Well....Myth" bit to add more punch, unless it is a surprise that he knows she's a Myth. At any rate, drop the "Well", as it is a hesitation word just slightly better than "Umm". Unless he's supposed to be hesitant, but I'm not getting that vibe.

If she had eyebrows, they’d be raised right now. Nice way to work in her physical description into action. Try also doing this by having people interact with their surroundings, works great for dialogue.
“Don’t try to deny your powers, Miss, I can tell by that pretty little face of-” He was cut short by Hydra’s strong grasp on the neck of his cloak. Cool, it is a surprise. Make it more punchy by adding it in as a last word instead of at the front of the sentence (I'm talking of the one up there, not right here.
She pressed her turquoise face close to his so that the sides of his hood were tickling the sides of her face. “Don’t you dare. Unless you want my lovely scales to meet your skin.” Too many "sides of". Delete the second one and the sentence will stand stronger.
He didn’t feel intimidated by this physical force, he just continued.Cut out the "He...force" bit, we will get that he's not intimidated according to his answers. “You know you want to join us. It’s either joining us or the opposing team or you being killed by us or the opposing team. You choose” He put his arms up in a surrendering position, the sleeves of his cloak dropping down to his elbows, revealing his sickly, pale-almost-green skin.This dialogue needs reduction of redundancy. Say more like "It's us, or them. Life, or death. Either group will be happy to oblige both options. You choose." You need a period after choose, too. The following sentence is brilliant until the last four words. Is it pale green or almost green? It doesn't make sense for both.
“Are you one too? Are you a Myth?” Hydra asked.have her DEMAND it (please no caps, I was acting). She's desperate, she's got to know.
He hesitated. “No. The Leader just hired me.”Maybe consider "...no. The Leader just hired me." it looks like he's hesitating now.
“Leader…?”Now she looks hesitant. Don't let her be--her back's against the wall. Have her snap, "What Leader? Who?"
“Mane, Leader of The Bloody X’s,” He quickly added “Make your mind up, we don’t have time. The police will be here soon.”Leave his answer as "Mane", the whole Leader bit is implied. You need a comma after added. And, yes! a snappy sentence.
“Show me your face.”I like the authority. But how does she act? Does she narrow her eyes? Give him some space? Crowd his space more?

The man in the cloak shrugged and pulled down his hood, revealing his cheaply-dyed black straight hair which snaked down his shoulders and back to reach his waist. The eyes which looked at Hydra were a cold grey; they were tough, demanding, angry eyes. Let's sex this up a little--not in a bad way. Drop the "Man in the cloak" bit we know he's in a cloak and he's the only male. The antecedent is clear, so just call him "He". You can also delete "his" during "revealing his cheaply-dyed". I like the hair description, too, btw. I also like "The eyes...cold grey". This time replace the semicolon with a period.
Hydra licked her blue, scaly lips, smiled and replied; “Sure.”

Metis, a Myth who had supernatural intelligence hurried into the room as Serpia sipped at a glass of wine. She looked over at the young Asian boy wearing the cloak; she decided it didn’t suit him. In this sentence you are renaming your subject (Metis) by adding "a Myth...intelligence", which means you need to enclose the section in commas. There's a word for this, but I can't remember what it is. Written properly, it is like this: "Metis, a Myth who had supernatural intelligence, hurried into the room as Serpia sipped at a glass of wine." In the second sentence, YES! you used the semicolon properly.
“Miss…Serpia…” He said between breaths, he’d obviously been running from wherever he was. “An Australian prison was broken into!”
Serpia raised her eyebrows and ran her finger through her long hair. She frowned at the ends which were still stained from the cheap purple hair dye and promised herself that she would dye it again.
“This soon?” She mumbled “Thank you for that piece of information, Metis, you can get back to your weapons now.”
“Thanks, Miss,” He said and hurried out of the room.
Serpia stood up from her chair and walked around the cheaply-furnished room. I'm getting tired of the term "cheap" applied--it works for haircolor, but let's get more imaginative with the room. "walked around the room that looked like the display for a second hand store" or something.
“It’s not too bad, is it?” She but failed to convince herself. “Fine, it’s a terrible base but it’s hidden and the rest is spacious.” You need a comma after base. Love the "It's not too bad, is it?" musing.
She had to find some more recruitments, she thought as she left the room and walked through the labyrinth of corridors until she reached the right one. Delete the "some" and say "recruits".
Inside, Metis was hunched over a desk, scribbling something down a piece of paper. He looked over his shoulder when she entered, then jumped up and smiled weakly.
“Metis, I want you to tell the soldiers that we’re starting a mission this evening.”
“Of course, Serpia, I’ll go and inform them right this minute.”
But as he walked past her, she tapped his arm. “I need some weapons by then, too, get it done.”
separate line for "And she left the room." has more impact.
And she left the room.
The glaive was beautiful; the handle was made from a tough dark wood. It was decorated with metal spikes before the sharp, shining blade at the top of the pole. Serpia caressed her new weapon happily. Had to look up what glaive was. Try to be more descriptive of what it looks like. Love the second sentence, but I'd leave off the "happily" as caressing implies a loving touch.
“And since you said you were such a good swordswoman, I got you this…” Metis handed her a bronze scabbard. Her grey eyes twinkled with glee as she rested the glaive against the wall and carefully held the scabbard. Slowly, she pulled out the Schiovana. Once again, what is it?
“Oh my…” She breathed and observed the beautifully crafter weapon in her hand. She practiced the guard position before belting the scabbard and sword onto her cloak. “Have you made any firearms and explosives for the army?”
Metis nodded eagerly. “I gave the load to them before I got here.”crafteD (you have crafter). Typo.
She nodded and looked down at the floor, then left the room and approached the preparation room crowded with twenty-or-so men and woman armed with guns and canisters. When she entered the room, it suddenly became silent. Serpia began:
“Now, several of you will go first and blow up on(do you mean one?) side of the wall and then you run back to the meeting point. The second wave will go next with their explosives and run back to the meeting point.("run back to" isn't authoritative. Try "return", or "go to".) I and another seven will go next, blowing up a wall and infiltrating the prison. The previous fourteen will then enter the prison after we enter first.(Try "The entire company will follow us when we enter") Got that much?” She asked, looking around the room. When there was silence she continued (comma)“Right, when we’re in there, we shoot or blow up any doors and the prisoners will exit gladly. Make sure they go into the truck, got it? The driver will drop them into the forest where they’ll run through(run through where?) and enter another truck which will then transport them here.”
Serpia looked around at the measly humans then exited the room, the soldier following.

The prison was quite big, around one thousand prisoners in there but the truck was huge and Serpia was sure around six-hundred could be able to fit in there and the rest would probably just run after it. Although, that wouldn’t be the best scenario. Who cares? One thousand prisoners with machine guns facing a few hundred coppers? Not a pretty paragraph. Try: "The prison was big, around a thousand prisoners, but Serpia was confident six hundred could fit in it, and others would surely follow after it. It wasn't an ideal scenario, but one thousand prisoners with machine guns facing a few hundred coppers?"

The first seven were positioned at the doorway of the old warehouse, waiting for Serpia’s word to go. In their hands were home-made explosives capable of blowing up a small part of a wall. One of the seven had a match box and was the one to set them all off. Take off the "small part of a wall". Reasoning would dictate that would be implied for a successful mission. And, a match box? Not a lighter? Maybe I'm missing something from the world.
Serpia observed the prison out of the window and then yelled: “GO! GO! GET OUT THERE!” out of what window? And wouldn't two "Go"s suffice?
And they were off,(period) she saw them place the canisters down onto the ground and run back into the warehouse. The woman with the matchbox struck a match and hurriedly lit the canisters fuses, then fled back through the warehouse’s door.
Serpia watched intently, the fuses getting shorter and shorter until…
Boom!
The bombs explodeexplodeD) and the second wave of soldiers run(ran) past the cloud, put the canisters down onto another side of the building, lightlit them and then run (ran)back. The fuses are(were) shorter on these explosives and in just three seconds the explosives blow(blew....just put all stuff in past tense, K?), causing a cloud of smoke to rift away from the wall and leave a scattered pile of debris. Serpia jumps up and runs with the twenty-or-so soldiers through the cloud and leaps through the exploded walls. Small bombs are placed infront(space needed) of the cell doors and blown off their hinges; the white corridors of the prison suddenly turn dirty and echo the loud bangs going off everywhere. There are screams and shouts and cries of joy as waves of prisoners leap out of the holes in the walls and make their way to the trucks.
“Go to the trucks and follow the instructions there!” The soldiers shout.
It’s going splendidly and faster than Serpia had expected. Then an unfamiliar sound erupts in the prison, the sound of gun shots. She dives to the ground and holds up her hands, concentrating. The guards of the prison, the ones who had fired their shot sound confused; they’re murmuring to themselves. Serpia lifts up her head and smiles. A dozen bullets are hovering in mid-air. She slams her palms down and they all drop.
“Fire!” She screams and leaps back up, gun shots fill the air.
The corridors aren’t even corridors anymore, the cells all merge to become on huge room. Serpia walks into one cell to find a young girl standing up and staring at her.
“Why are you breaking all of us out?” She asks, confidently. If you are asking confidently you are demanding. Make verbs carry the description.
Serpia looks at the girl with her(unless they share the same auburn hair, leave out "her") long auburn hair and replies. “What are your powers?”
The girl purses her lips and thinks before answering carefully. “Self sustenance…yours?”
Serpia smiled. “I can manipulate air. You’re a Myth, I would like you to join the Head. I’m using all the human prisoners as soldiers for the army but you seem talented.”
“Why do you need an army?” She asks.What is her motivation behind asking? Is she skeptical? Giddy? Give us more idea of her personality...also, what is self sustenance and how would it benefit Serpia?
“I’m fighting against another side, he declared a duel. I’ll explain it when we have more time, come.” Serpia beckons.Try : "I'm fighting an adversary. He declared a duel." Taking sides sounds childish.
“It’s getting me out of prison, I‘m not going to decline an offer like that.” The girl follows Serpia as she steps out of the hole in the wall, prisoners are cramming into the truck, and the other has already left. “I’m not getting into that.”
Serpia smiles at the girl “Of course not, you can come with me." I like the personality coming through, but punch up the sentence about the trucks more. Is it filled with sweaty men? Or is she a snoot?

The shopping centre waiting room is packet full of dirty criminals. They talk and laugh to themselves as they are handed their uniform of a simple tunic, trousers and a black padded jacket. Soon they will have a proper base, once they take over more land. But it’s not time for that yet, that’d make it too easy for the measly England government to capture them. Once the army and Head grows, once they make more weapons and once they are trained; then Serpia will snatch the land and everything on it from the humans. But not yet, no, not yet…I don't feel the connection to this paragraph. My easiest suggestion is to delete. Otherwise, make it have a place. Is someone thinking it?

In the Head room a tall, pretty girl with auburn hair was standing, waiting for Serpia. She played with her short floral dress and rubbed her bare calf. She looked young but her eyes were those of a murderer;check semicolon usage angry and yearning for blood. Metis didn’t think much of her, she was too girly in his opinion but Serpia told him to bring all the Myths he could to join The Head. He stood awkwardly in the room with the girl standing beside the cabinet.Try re-writing it something like this: Metis didn't think much of her, too girly, but Serpia told him to bring all the Myths he could.
“What can you do?” She asked him, her voice was confident, a voice Metis didn’t like. Does he not like confidence? Or does he not like how she sounds sweet?
“I’m clever.” He replied bluntly.
“Oh,” She replied, rubbing her arm slowly “I don’t need to eat, drink, sleep or go to the bathroom. Cool, huh?”
Metis ignored her and hoped for Serpia to come and assign her a job soon.good.
“What’s your name?” She asked, breaking the precious silence.
Metis sighed quietly. “Metis, you? Not your real one, we have to make an alias,”This needs to end in a period, not a comma. Also, you can make this one a lot more dramatic like this: "Metis. You?" he sighed, then added before she could make a fool of herself, "Not your real one. An alias.
“Really?” She replied, looking up. “Well then…I want to be called Pheme.”I like her name.

Whew! Lots of good suggestions for adding the umph factor in your writing to help develop your style. You should take my words as advice, and that's it.

Overall, I did enjoy it quite a bit. You've got some good ideas going through with the powers and the duel. I like the variety of characters, though the link between Metis and Serpia I didn't quite "get". Maybe have one of the think of the other. Also, I thought Metis was with Bloody X and now he's Head? Or is he a double agent? I might suggest a name change for Head...it has a LOT of connotations (everything from "toilet" to a sexual act), so maybe you can think of a better name?

I want to see you ramp up the emotions, because people are emotional creatures and emotions are a fantastic way to add conflict and drama at every turn. And, it makes the reader understand what motivates your characters. The last bit at the end between Metis and Pheme was the best section of your writing style, to me. I understood the characters best and why they were behaving the way they were.

In your next posting (if you want to drop a link to it on my feed), I want to see that you have improved on your storytelling--adding more punch to your dialogue, making your descriptions more poetic, making your characters larger than life--life doesn't have to have reason for everything that happens, but your story should.

Feel free to PM or post on my feed if you have q's.
Bob: hmm, there's a lesson in all this.
Mr. Eglamore: Okay. Let's hear it.
Bob: Never let sixty angry kids use a herd of laser cows to take over your house.

Gunnerkrigg Court is awesome.
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=632

I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.
— Pablo Neruda