z

Young Writers Society

Clockwork Terror Part 3/4

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:56 am
deleted6 says...

Chapter 2

When David buzzed to be let into the orphanage, he wanted nothing more than to go get in without a big fuss, but no such luck. One of the workers saw him and immediately launched into a thousand questions thought David
“Are you okay? What Happened? Why are you late?” She looked really concerned.
David’s brain boiled. “Let me in, then I’ll say why I was bloody late and why I’m bleeding badly,” he grimaced angrily.
She moved away and then a sudden dizziness hit David. He felt like he could not move another inch. He wobbled slightly, and then the ground met his face. He heard a scream, and then fell unconscious.
When he woke up and looked around, he saw that he was in a bed. Next to him were chocolates and other gifts. He looked around and realized he was in a hospital. He went to grab a grape when he saw something. It was the clockwork toy that Gary been given and it was grinning at him. It moved closer, surely he imagined it. No, it was closer. David could no longer stand it. He screamed as loud as he could.
He felt a needle in his arm and relaxed.
“Your safe now,” said the bodiless voice.
David looked around groggily ad saw a nurse. She was quite pretty with long black hair tied up in a pony tail, innocent eyes and an affectionate smile. “What happened too me, how did I get here?” David asked.
She laughed and smiled. “Well what happened to you we’re not sure, but you lost a lot of blood causing you to faint. Your brother gave you some of his blood though, so now he's literally your blood brother.”
David grinned, it was a bad joke, but he had a nice nurse so he didn’t mind if her jokes were bad. Then he remembered about the toy and was about to ask about it, but it was gone; nothing there except a clockwork key. He was about too scream again, but the nurse put her hand over his mouth and calmed him down.
“Now what the heck is up with you? You looked up at that table and almost screamed again,” she said calmly.
“Clockwork toy, clockwork toy,” David stuttered.
The nurse sighed sadly and went to speak to the doctor. David must have hit his head quite hard. He seemed quite sane at first, but now the nurse wasn’t so sure. She needed to talk to the doctor to see if he could be let out.
David tried to sleep, but all he could hear was his breathing and the slow tick tock of the clock. He could swear the clock was louder. Maybe he was losing it. He tried to sleep one more time and fell fast asleep. He dreamt he was back in the toyshop, but there were no windows and no doors. All he heard was tick tock, tick tock. Then he felt excruciating pains everywhere. He felt like he was being tortured and screamed, but no one heard him, he was alone. Then the torture stopped and the man came.
“Your mine now David, you and your brother belong to me.”
David felt his limbs stiffen and saw his hands were now tiny and painted. He gasped and saw the man as a giant.
David shot up. He was sweating. His dream had seemed so real. He had to get out of the hospital. He ran for the door, pushing the nurse flat on her face. He was sorry, but had no time to tell her, so he ran, but realized he was going nowhere. He looked round and saw that Gary had his hand gripped on his bed robe.
“Calm down man, you’re losing it. You’re here for your own good,” Gary explained reassuringly.
David stopped, agreed, and was about to walk back when he saw that Gary had the toy in his pocket, the one he had been given by the man. Its little hands were moving in a cutting throat gesture and then it mouthed one word, “soon.”
David opened his mouth too scream, but no sound came out. Standing beside him was the nurse and Gary looking unhappy. In the Nurses, hand was an empty needle. David was angry and started to feel woozy and once again, fell flat on his face.

Chapter 3

David woke up, but he was not in a bed, he was on a shelf. He saw all the toys. He tried to move, but could not. He looked down at himself. His red Adidas hoody was painted on and his pale blue eyes did not move, they remained open. His short brown hair, the thing he liked about himself, was just painted fast, no perfection. His jeans were also painted on. He felt something sore in his back and knew that his fate had been decided from the moment he set foot in that shop.
David looked around the shelves and saw kids from countless ages, dating straight back too when clockwork toys were first made, and all of them had the same sad expression. He could guess why.

they knew their was no chance for any of them. Just then he heard a loud sob from behind him he managed to turn round and saw a pretty Edwardian girl he could tell cause unlike Gary he tried hard in school. The girl was wearing a very lavish blue dress and was wearing silk gloves her hair was long and brown. She saw him looked at him

“Who are you too look at me like that? My father is very rich and… she stopped why are you dressed like that?

“Ahem, you stupid girl your Dad dead welcome to the 21st Centaury, you’re a toy and so am I so live it” David shouted at her.

“Well not much has changed then if this is different year woman and still disrespected she replied stamping her foot in protest.”

Oh great thought David she in a bloody huff. “Criminy girl woman are more represented than you think it just your annoying me like hell acting all high and mighty”

“My name is not girl she replied angrily it is Felicity Richardson and my father is a candidate for Prime Minister”

“Was corrected David he very dead now I think, anyway why were you sobbing?”

"This was an extremely expensive dress. My father purchased it from America. Now it is just painted on," she wept.

David looked at her “Coughvaincoughveryvaincough”

“Pardon are you trying to offend me?” She replied sternly.

“Well looks like Narcissus hit the nail on the head David replied sarcastically.”

“How dare you my Father is very…”

“Dead interrupted David.”

“I was going to say influential she replied annoyed

“Well he dead and influential can’t get any better than that.”

“Well don’t see what so happy about she snapped your parents are probably dead too”

“Happy do I sound happy I’m miserable and I rather face the fires of hell than be in this room with you and also yes my parents are dead, but they had more decentcy in their pinky than you have in your whole body David replied livid.

“Are you being funny, guys like you would kill for someone as beautiful as me?”

“That was then this is now”, replied David now getting totally bored of this girl who was like wallpaper, she was pretty but very boring.

Felicity just started to cry again “So what else had changed I guess woman have rights now…”

“They have rights yes, but I’m not going to tell you the whole of history you missed no way sister.”
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue May 02, 2006 10:48 am
deleted6 says...

Erm Why would i care i wanted a crique on my story not a damn advert.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Tue May 02, 2006 11:43 am
Swires says...

This is SPAM, ignore and dont press the link.

I like the story, it was interesting.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights