Young Writers Society

Son of the Dragon chapter 1

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 pm
View Likes
scifyfantacywriter01 says...

“Dragons and Demons”

“Are you sure these guys are going to show Drake?” Malcolm says twirling a dagger between his fingers.

“Don’t worry. Our sources say they’re coming at midnight. These are freshly made vampires, so be careful.” Drake assures him. He walks to the edge of the building and looks over the city. The Manhattan lights giving his black hair a sharp shine.

They have been investigating a group of murdered humans for about a month now. It was clear that the murders where the work of vampires and they have been listing to the rumors of the underground. Something about a new group of vampires who think they can do whatever they want. They soon learned that one of them was supposed to attach the city tonight.

“As long as they get here. I’m starting to get bored.” Stephen says lifting his silver ax onto his shoulder. “The princess got me this ax and I’ve been dying to use it.” he says joining Drake at the ledge. The lights giving his short, blond hair a kind of sparkle, like diamonds in the light. His yellow eyes glowing in the dimness.

“I thought lions were supposed to be patient? How else do they catch their prey?” Malcolm says with a crooked smile as he slides the dagger back into his boot. He then joins them at the edge. His light brown hair given a darker tone from the dim lights from the street below. “You also forgot that the princess got all our new weapons. She had them specially made for us. Do you not think I haven’t been dying to use these new rapid-fire crossbows or Drake and that sword. I mean that thing is two times his size and he swings it around like it’s nothing. I know you’re a vampire Drake but damn, that thing weighs a ton.” he says pointing to the massive sword on Drakes back. Drake pulls the sword from his back and looks over the city. Malcolm gets up and joins them at the edge.

Suddenly, an explosion rings through the midnight air and a cloud of smoke slithers its’ way into the sky right below them. “Bout time.” Stephen says dropping the ax to his side. Drake takes one step forward, Stephen does the same, and Malcolm takes a jump bringing his knees to his chest, wrapping his arms around them

“Cannon ball!” he shouts laughing. He then pulls the string of his parachute and the white flower escapes and blooms in the night air.

Drake lands on the pavement perfectly in a bent knee position. Stephen lands on the roof of a car, caving it in. Malcolm floats gently down to the ground, unclipping and then throwing the parachute away.

Drake stands to his feet and looks at the scene before them. Cars overturned and blazing, a mangled corpse here and there, windows shattered and darkened.

Then, out of nowhere, a car flies straight for the three. Drake takes a leap and dodges while Stephen and Malcolm jump to the sides. The car smashes into the building behind them, sending a blast of fire and glass everywhere. Drake lands and looks for the attacker. He spots something moving past the fire and smoke. It comes into focus to reveal a young boy. He wears what looks like a school uniform. His short, curly, brown hair bouncing gently as he walks towards Drake. As he draws closer, Drake notices his eyes are red as fiery rubies in his skull and the two, white, pointed fangs that hung from his upper lip. He is a vampire.

Malcolm and Stephen join Drake to see the boy. “This kid did all this?” Malcolm says in disbelief.

“He’s a new vampire. Their thirst is at it’s most uncontrollable state. It gives them more strength then any vampire should have.” Stephen explains to him, not taking his off the kid.

“Malcolm, Stephen, go and look for survivors. I will handle this.” Drake says without looking at them. Malcolm and Stephen do as told and run. Drake then raises his sword and points it towards the boy. “In the name of the Princess, I command you to stop!” he says in a firm tone. But the boy continues to draw closer. “I said stop!” he yells again. This time the boy listens and stops about ten feet away. “Who are you? Why have caused all this carnage?” Drake asks in the same tone.

“Carnage? It think it actually makes the place look ten times better.” the boy answers in a shaky, laughable voice. The boy raises his eyes to meet Drakes. The burning red sockets fix on him.

“You are nothing but a murder and lowlife. Taking human blood is one of the most hated crimes in the vampire world. Your punishment… is death!” Drake yells swinging the sword to his side and charging toward the boy. He reaches him and swings, but the boy jumps at the last second and comes down on Drake with his nails now drawn into claws. Drake sends a kick to the boy’s face and sends him flying down the street and onto the pavement. He roles and stops and then gets back up, laughing.

“You must be pretty good. To have such a wonderful weapon. Highly ranked as well. A knight? Maybe a general? Either way, I’ll love having it after I kill you.” the boy laughs pointing to drakes sword. Drake’s mouth twists into a smile.

“A knight. A general. No, I’m neither of them. I’m better. My name is Dracula Christopher Báthory, son of Elizabeth Báthory, the ruling prince of the vampires, and about to be the one who takes your head.” he says lifting the sword and pointing it towards him again. The boy’s eyes widen with fear. His hands start to shake as he steps back.

“No. There’s no way. You can’t be the Prince. They’d never send the Prince to do this kind of work.” he says with a shaky, fearful voice.

“You obviously don’t know anything about vampire politics. The princess is the one who deals with ruling the vampires. The prince takes over the military. He makes sure that vampires and humans stay at peace no matter what. I have no place with the rest of the political world of vampires. Of course, I have a say in some matters but they rarely arise. But dealing with you, that’s right up my alley.” he explains with a grin.

“You can’t be the Prince!… Now die!” the boy screams. He starts to twitch and jerk. He bends down and the back of his clothes burst open, showing four massive insect wings. He looks back up and his head starts to widen till it bursts, showing a wicked looking insect face with massive teeth and red eyes. His hands rip open and show large, razor sharp pincers, like that of a praying mantis. His legs stretch into long, slender claws fitted with serrated talons.

“If you are the Prince, then prove it!” the creature says in a beast like growl, flapping it’s large insect wings and taking flight. It then flies towards Drake with it’s pincers ready to strike, when in a flash, Drake disappears. The creature stops on a dime. “Where did he go?” it says.

“Try looking up!” Drake says coming down on the creature, sending his sword straight through it’s chest. Green blood sprays over the pavement. The creature lets out several screams of pain as it trys to pull the sword out.

“Please. I’m sorry, I won’t hurt anyone else. Just don’t kill me. I can help you. Please!” the creature begs.

“I would never work with such a lowlife as yourself.” Drake answers it with no mercy. “If I may ask. Do you know why my mother called me Dracula? It’s actually quite clever. You see, Dracula in Romanian actually means “son of the dragon”.” Drake says. He opens his mouth, sending a blast of fire on to the beast. The creature lets out a cry that slips into a high pitch squeak. Drake ceases and pulls his sword from the burning corpse. It falls to the ground, green and blue flames now coming from the wouned Drake made. He slides the sword back into the sheath and turns to look for Malcolm and Stephen.

“Drake! We got to get out of here!” Malcolm yells running behind Stephen. They reach him and stop to catch their breath. “There’s…a…news crew…we barely got away.” Malcolm says breathless.

“A news crew?” Drake looks past them to see a women in a red dress and a man with a camera racing toward them. “You know, I’ve always wanted to be on TV.” Drake says with a smile. Drake walks past them toward the crew, who comes to a dead halt in front of him. At first they just stare at him for a moment. Then the woman asks,
“Do you know who is responsible for this disaster?”

“Yes. He’s right over there. Took a few but I got rid of him.” he says pointing towards the still burning carcass. The woman and the camera man look over and stare at the body. their face twist at the sight of the body.

“What on Earth is that thing?” they asked with a look of horror and confusion.

“He’s a vampire, or, was a vampire.” Drake corrects himself.

The two turn back to him and with eager eyes. “A vampire? How do you know this?” the woman asks.

“Well, I should know. My names Dracula Christopher Báthory, prince of the vampires.”
Last edited by scifyfantacywriter01 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When people think of beauty, they think of bright colors, purity, or goodness. When I think of beauty, I think of the darkness. Beauty has a dark side, and I like it. Light is pretty but darkness is passionate, sinister, and sexy as hell.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:17 pm
View Likes
scifyfantacywriter01 says...

Hey guys. This is a new thing. I hope everyone enjoys it.
When people think of beauty, they think of bright colors, purity, or goodness. When I think of beauty, I think of the darkness. Beauty has a dark side, and I like it. Light is pretty but darkness is passionate, sinister, and sexy as hell.

Reviews: 2
Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 am
View Likes
OmarEhab says...

It's a great story, got me really interested! A couple of spelling mistakes here and there nothing a proof-read won't solve, so keep on writing !!
"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:56 am
View Likes
Rascalover says...

Hey,
oh wow, I totally didn't see your request in my review for food thread, so I am really sorry that this is so late. This really didn't interest me... There were parts with packed actions then some that seemed to drag on and on. You have a few spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, but i think with a proof read on your part you can clear those up. I'm sorry this is so short. If you ever need another review or have any questions feel free to ask.

Have a great day,
Tiffany
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

I am not a person I am a natural disaster
— TheWordsOfWolf