z

Young Writers Society

Demonata fan fiction part 1

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:59 pm
MysticalBlood says...

I scream as a hideous demon pins me to the ground. Its hands grope for my guts, I squeal and wriggle, trying to get free. I fail. The fingers have sharp nails; the hands look human but have green scales in parts. I glance at its face, horrified. There are fangs protruding from the mouth, dripping blood and warm sticky saliva. Instead of eyes, there are crescent shards of glass with floating insects inside and they reflect my image. My black hair is messy and looks like the home of a bird’s nest. I have pale white skin, and it doesn’t look good the way it clashes with my dark hair. The magic is thick in the air here, but I can’t do anything to save myself. I have to stay stuck here, staring at the hideous green lump and screaming whilst it tears my guts out.
“Hey!” I hear a deep voice from over head. The demon looks over its shoulder, sees something and drops me, cowering away from me. It hides in the corner of my bedroom as my saviour steps in through a red panel of light.
Not human… my first thought is demon, then I think especially hairy demon… then those thoughts are replaced by the thought of this thing being a werewolf. Werewolf!
I’d never thought it possible, but having being attacked by a demon, I know nothing is impossible.
The werewolf is tall, its shoulders are broad and it has long fangs about thirty centimetres long. Its eyes glow a strange yellow and it sniffs the air. He looks over at the demon and advances.
The demon looks around wildly, looking for an escape, but it can’t go anywhere. It’s trapped. I feel triumph, but then fear. Will this werewolf spare me or will it kill me? I grunt as I try and sit up. My head is whirling from the blow of being knocked down and my chest is throbbing.
My hands move to feel for my chest, I feel a warm sticky substance. Fear floods through me, I gasp as I examine the damage. The skin on my chest has been ripped open, revealing blood and my bones. I whimper as the werewolf moves closer to the demon. The werewolf is ignoring me.
I begin to mutter a spell to heal my wounds, paying little attention to what the werewolf is doing and the muffled screams of the revolting demon. My head is whirling; I don’t understand why this demon picked me. I’m too frightened to think of what could be going on around the house, I don’t want to believe the possibilities that all of my family are dead.
I have a gift… it scares me, but at the same time it makes me feel better and stronger than others. I’m sick of always being in the shadows, the girl who people pick on. No more. I can see aura’s, colours around the person to tell what they’re feeling. It’s like I can see how they’re going to plan their next move, I can make a quick remark and speak before they do. I can change the mood they feel, I do so much.
I’ve always been able to see the strange lights that highlight a person. I even see them on animals and trees! Even the grass! It’s so strange. Even when I stand on grass, a red light highlights the pieces to show it feels hurt. It’s wonderful and terrible all in one. I feel like I’m hurting everything I touch. Chancing a glance at the werewolf, he looks pretty mad. I believe he’s frustrated with the demon, I don’t understand what reason for. Why’s he saving me?
The werewolf finally lets the demon go, he picks him up and drags the corpse along the floor of my room and lobs him through the red panel of light. The demon vanishes. I pull myself up into a sitting position. My mind is spinning, I want to thank my hero, but all the same I feel scared out of my pants.
I try to speak, but my throat has seized up and I can only croak.
“Ssh,” the werewolf says.
“Oh no…” I gasp as I gaze into the werewolf’s eyes.
“Reni,” he says, and he steps forward to come to my aid.

“I don’t understand, Grubbs,” I say softly as he brushes his claw like hands over my chest. He hasn’t spoken since he said my name, and I fear for him. I really do. He looks nothing like he used to. His hair was ginger and he was quite tall, but now he’s even taller and he looks entirely different. I suppose I probably do, considering my change of style to a more gothic look. I’ve lost all my friends, and I’ve known how Grubbs has felt for me since the very beginning. But how can I love this thing, this hideous malevolent creature? I don’t say anything else as he continues to glide his fingers over my chest. I feel a surge of energy rush through me; I’ve been thrown into the universe of the demonata long ago. But something tells me Grubbs has been in it for longer.
The demonata are highly magical demons that can only be killed by magic. Bullets and weapons will slow them, but not kill them. They are hideous, and there are plenty of demon masters in that universe. Some of the planets are made of glass, some of wood and some of rocks. The demons are hideous, most taking on hideous forms, stealing animals of earth and making them into disgusting creatures.
They lust for blood and human brains, example being the one that just tried to kill me. I don’t understand where Grubbs falls into the demonata, or if he has ever been involved with them. But something, some part of me is telling me that he’s involved deeper than me.
Why the demon came after me is still a mystery. I still mourn the loss of my brother, and I knew there was something fishy going on with Bec. It was all so strange… Bec moved in, Bill-E moved out and Grubbs moved out. Their uncle Dervish took Bec to look after, but why did she appear after Grubbs and Bill-E left? I suppose I can ask Grubbs now… but in his form, I’m not sure I particularly want to.
“Grubbs, please speak to me,” I whimper.
Grubbs looks at me; I begin to doubt whether or not he’s actually Grubbs…
“Please,” I feel so desperate; I’ve been separated from him for too long.
“Tell me how long you’ve been in the world of the demonata,” Grubbs says, and he sits away from me and rests his elbows on his knees.
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:25 pm
midnightread says...

Hi MysticalBlood
I like the beginning of this story and I can't see any mistakes.
I don't recognise what story it's based on, can you pm me and tell me what it is, I like the sound of it and I want to read it.
Like I said I didn't see anything wrong with it.
Can you pm me when you post more?
midnightread :elephant:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
A wise man does not need advice and a fool won't take it.

Growing old is mandatory,
Growing up is optional.

Rugby is a thugs game played by gentle men,
Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:53 pm
curiousvampire says...

I've read most of Darren Shan's work and Demonata was the first book of his that I read and became obsessed with so I just had to review.I loved your story, it really brought me back to the Demonata world; which by the way I gave it a nice touch. There wasn't really anything wrong with it, grammatical wise or spelling. I can't wait for more. Thank you for the excellent read.
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:11 pm
MysticalBlood says...

thanks! I haven't started part two because I'm quite busy, but I'll post it here when i can. :P :elephant:
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar