z

Young Writers Society

The X-Men: Revolution Era

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:29 pm
HorsebackWriter says...

Author's Note: I was introduced to the X-Men, and I am obsessed. So now this is my first attempt at fanfiction. Crates are welcome, sorry it's so short!!

Preface-Fights and Split Ups

"I do not care what you think I did you're wrong! I am a Spaniard a good wife and a loving mother! I would never stray from my religon, and that you would even think that is beyond my understanding!" Katerina's mother screamed at her father. Katerina  winced. They'd been going at it for hours now. {Not that they would care to stop. Ever since Pappa found Mamma in the arms of that soldier, another war began.} "Then what were you doing? You would care to explain why your body was pressed upon him in such a way that would have the church shun you should they know?" Her father answered back. Katerina winced. Pappa's voice was low and laced with venom. "There are many things that the church would shun us for," Theresa retorted. "Such as the knowledge our only child is an......" The voice became muffled, and soon a slap and a cry of pain could be heard. "Never speak Katerina that way. She is still our daughter, for all her faults." Her mother must be glaring at her father, Kitty realised. A deep, mournful sigh escaped Theresa's lips. "You know that she is not truly our daughter." she stated. 

Katerina  backed away from the door frame, her hand clamped over her mouth to stifle the cry that would escape had she not stopped it. {Not their daughter? But how, why, who???} Her thoughts wouldn't settled. As quietly as she could, she stood up and walked away from the door of her parents sleeping chamber. "I can no longer stay here." she whispered. "I do not belong, nor do they want me. And what if they turn me in? What then? No, I must go." Her choice made, she grabbed what few belongings she truly cared about, and put them in a sack. She shouldered her pack, and without a second glance back, walked strait through the wall. 

Several hours later, her parents discovered she was gone. The town was roused and the men searched through the night, but no trace could be found of 
Katerina. The conclusion was that she had been found by Indian scouts, but her parents knew better. They knew she was gone. 

Two Days Later

BAM!! BAM!! BAM!!
Theresa opened the door and stared at the knocker through tear stained eyes. "What do you need sir?" She asked. He stared at her for a moment. "Wat I lef' here fou'teen years ago." She knew enough English to understand him, and she reeled back, shocked. "Matthew!" she shrieked. "What is it, Theresa? Is Katerina home?" He shouted as he came pounding down the stairs. Matthew ground to a halt when he saw the stranger. "Who are you?" he asked warily. 

The stranger did not bother to answer, his eyes had gone wide at Matthew's statement, it appeared he understood Spanish. "She is not here?!?" He hissed in horror. Theresa shook her head. "She left two days ago." The stranger glared at them for a moment, then turned on his heel. "Who are you?!" Matthew shouted at his back. "Someone who's goin' ta make yer life hell if I can' find ma sister 'for they do!" He threw over his shoulder. Kitty's parents stared after him in shock, for when he looked back at them, they had seen his eyes, bright red on black. "Wait sirrr! Who be they?" Theresa shouted in mangled English, but he didn't turn back. 

A/N: Things are slightly different. Kitty (Katerina) has some more powers and different parents. It's for the plot in later chapters, so for those who hate me I'm sorry. If you see something that is like, totally bogus just know I'm on writers block, and this was very hard to piece together, which is also why it's so short. Let me know if I should keep it up!
"So it all comes down to this, doesn't it? Does the wand in your hand know it's last master was Disarmed? Beacause if it does...I am the true master of the Elder Wand."

"And quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."

~Harry Potter

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:02 am
Shakyll says...

Definitely keep it up...it moves kinda too fast, though. Maybe slow it down, give more details and explanation. But I like it! keep it up.
--Shackled

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:20 am
Kaijudospartan says...

Well, a pretty good story, though I had some trouble reading the funny accents. Also, Shadowcat has what kinds of extra powers, exactly? Also, if you please, you could make the chapters longer. So keep writing would you kindly?
We are Legion.

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto (I am a man, I don't consider anything human foreign to me)
— Terence