z

Young Writers Society

Together Again

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:12 am
AwesomeSocks says...

I walked slowly up the stairs.

Now that I had fully awakened, the hurt was starting to catch up with me. I clutched at my sides, the hole ripping through my chest.

I walked into the bathroom, and quickly took a shower, got in my holey old sweats, and brushed my teeth. Then I walked back to my room, turned out the light and crawled into bed.

I was just starting to drift off to sleep, when a scratching noise came from my window. I opened my eyes wide in alarm.
Maybe it was a burgular.

Or a kidnapper.

Or mass murderer.

Or maybe I’m just overreacting and it’s just the branch’s of a tree scraping against my window. I didn’t take any chances though; I reached under my bed and got my pepper spray.

Making sure to hold the spray tightly in my right hand so that I could spray quickly if necessary, I got up and tiptoed across the cold floor. When I got to the window, I hesitated. But then I heard scratching again, so I gathered up all my courage, and swiftly opened the curtains.

What I saw made my heart stop, and my breath go out with a whooshing sound.

Edward.

-----------
A/N: Sorry it's so short. I'll post more when I have the points! I wrote this a couple years back (has it really been that long...?). I never did get finished, only up to chapter 8 or so. I disappointed some people, I'm sorry! Anyway, I might decide to continue writing this again if people like it... so give me your honest opinion! Thanks :)
Last edited by AwesomeSocks on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
transmissions from space

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:50 am
Iggy says...

Hello! I love Twilight! So, nice plot going, even though it was far too short. I hope the next chapter's longer!

A few nitpicks:

AwesomeSocks wrote:I walked slowly up the stairs. This was far too bland for a beginning sentance. Spice it up.

Now that I had fully awakened, the hurt was starting to catch up with me. I clutched at my sides, the hole ripping through my chest. Why is she in pain? Give some more insight or background.

I walked into the bathroom, and quickly took a shower, got in my holey old sweats, and brushed my teeth. Then I walked back to my room, turned out the light and crawled into bed. I don't like this. It's too list- written. Be more descriptive and don't write this in a list.

I was just starting to drift off to sleep, when a scratching noise came from my window. I opened my eyes wide in alarm.
Maybe it was a burgular.

Or a kidnapper.

Or mass murderer.
There's the list again.

Or maybe I’m just overreacting and it’s just the branch’ses of a tree scraping against my window. I didn’t take any chances though; I reached under my bed and got my pepper spray.

Making sure to hold the spray tightly in my right hand so that I could spray quickly if necessary, I got up and tiptoed across the cold floor. When I got to the window, I hesitated. But then I heard scratching again, so I gathered up all my courage, and swiftly opened the curtains.

What I saw made my heart stop, and my breath go out with a whooshing sound.

What is this? This isn't right. Try '...'

Edward.

Over-all, I liked it. Hope I helped.

Keep writing.

- Ariel<3'
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 3
Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:59 pm
NightStormxd says...

This is really good! i hoope you keep it up! :)

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:08 am
SteppinRazor says...

I’m just overreacting and it’s just the branch’s of a tree scraping against my window
haha! that happened to me once! I was so terrified! but anyway I like this I hope to read more so get those points!

Tidal waves they rip right through me
Tears from eyes worn cold and sad
Pick me up now, I need you so bad
Down down down down

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:30 am
scfdx says...

Well, quite good.
As someone who've read many books i can honestly say that this was just like reading a novel of an experienced author.

Try to write chapter 2 a bit longer. Well, actually I think you can call this first article "prelog" instead
of "chapter 1"- it is too short.

Overall it looks good, I'm actually waiting to read the next chapter. You've got my eye on you =).

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
— John Cage