z

Young Writers Society

The Spirit Vampire - Chapter Two

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon May 10, 2010 11:37 pm
austenite says...

School.

The worst time of day. Six hours of pure torture, when I had to watch my head and not let my heart rule. When I tried not to think of him. It was torture, trying to keep my mind blank of anything that might give me away.

I wouldn't have to worry today.

Bella and I went our separate ways to school the next morning. By the time I had stumbled out of bed, a force of cold air blowing in my face, she had already gone.

I rubbed my eyes as I walked over to the window, glancing outside. The red truck Charlie had bought for her wasn't in the driveway, leaving my own red car unblocked. Charlie's police car wasn't theer either, but that didn't surprise me as much. Charlie was known to leave at ridiculous hours of the morning for work.

"Ugh, school," I moaned as I quickly grabbing a muesli bar out of the pantry, grabbing my school bag and keys on the way. Holding the muesli bar in my mouth, I tied my blonde hair into a loose ponytail, letting my fringe fall messily around my face.

"It's your fault I'm going to be late!" I yelled out to the empty house.

At school, I saw Bella's pickup truck parked amongst the others, a silver Volvo nearby. I scowled in annoyance before breaking out into a laugh as I pulled into one of the last remaining spots.

"Sorry."
Again, it was said aloud to no-one in particular. I shivered. "It's cold as ice in here again," I grumbled, hopping out the car and winding my black scarf around my neck. It was as cold outside as it was in my car, a testament to Forks' weather. Dark clouds gathered up in the sky, threatening rain.

The bell rang, signalling the start of classes, and I cursed at my lateness, fumbling with my keys to lock my door.
"Ah!" I yelled in frustration as I dropped my tote bag on my foot, books hitting the ground with a dull thud. I was pretty sure that was my Calculus book.

"Here."

I gasped, looking up.

"You dropped this."

I glowered at Edward Cullen, holding my hands to my chest. "You scared me. Don't you care about my poor heart?"
Edward just stood there, ignoring my sarcasm, his head tilted to the side slightly. A small smile played on his perfectly pale face, and I felt my own face scowl as my stomach seemed to involuntarily plummet.

"Thanks," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm just in case he hadn't heard it the fisrt time roudnd, taking my bag off him, feeling disgusted with myself.

Not Edward Cullen. No freaking away. I was already spoken for. I stopped, realising what I had just done, and tried to think of something else.

Il est une vérité universellement reconnu que seul un homme de bonne fortune est dans le besoin d'une femme, I thought in my head. It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man of good fortune is in want of a wife.

I began walking again, heading in the direction of my first class. As I passed Cullen, I saw him looking at me with raised eyebrows, but he never said a word. Instead his footsteps fell into sync with mine, though he walked behind me.

Stalker.

I swore I could hear him chuckle behind me as we entered our Trig classroom.
I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity.
Chaucer, A Knight's Tale

Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 0
Fri May 14, 2010 1:23 pm
Naydy says...

It's a pretty cool chapter. Don't stop, keep writing :smt002
Tear down! the walls that will surround
Cry out! above the burning sound
Show me! how bleeding hearts still pound
If we stand together,we will be unbroken!

Reviews: 3
Sat May 15, 2010 4:37 am
WordsInMyMind says...

This is pretty good. And thanks for writing it. I'm happy to know there's another twilight saga fanatic out there.

TEAM JACOB!
*Real men don't sparkle*

-Sorry, I just had to do that.

:arrow: :arrow:WordsInMyMind :shock:
HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI!

Annoying, huh?

Facebook is that cockroach that you just can't kill
— Gravity