z

Young Writers Society

Fallen Civilazation Chapter 1

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:20 am
YoungNate8 says...

All reviews and comments are appreciated. Also the Metallica song Nothing else matters is mentioned in this so if you have never heard it go check it out on Youtube its pretty good
Fallen Civilization
Chapter 1 Portal to a second world

Tom wasn't totally sure where he was just where ever it was something kept going THUMP..THUMP..THUMP.....and so on. He kept his eyes closed trying to go back to sleep he kept thinking "Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep". After about a minute of this he opened his eyes and saw that he was leaning on someone he lifted his head away from the person and saw he had fallen asleep aboard the school bus on his way to school. He looked back at the person he was leaning on it was a girl of 16 she had dark brown hair. His sheepish brain soon found a match for the face that was giving him that smile that said "Awkward but funny". His girlfriend Amanda Famberd. "How uh long have I had my head to your chest" Tom asked pausing briefly and pointing at her chest. "Oh about 3 minutes which is about the time you said you were going to rest your eyes" Amanda responded. Now they were not on the bus to go to school for learning no that passed about 3 hours before this they were on their way to the 14th annual new years dance at Danesvile High school. each teen on the bus had a date, a rain coat (For the hard rain just outside of the bus), and a bag of sort for carrying there tuxedos and dresses. "Sorry In GYM today I got in trouble for chewing gum and coach made me run 5 miles I am really tired now" Tom said. After a minute or two of awkward silence on the bus it pulled up at Danesvil high and parked closest to the front doors which had a small roof over them. Tom and Amanda walked off the bus first Tom was first out umbrella also out because they were still meters away from the covered area. Amanda was just behind him holding his hand and walking next to him. They walked through the doors and towards the "changing area" or in other words the stalls of the bathrooms. Tom walked into the boys and found a stall with an opens door it was empty he walked in and began changing into his nicer Tuxedo. Meanwhile in the girls bathroom Amanda was changing into a dark red (Toms favorite color)dress she already had lipstick on. Tom finished making sure his hair was alright and took his bag to his locker where he was supposed to stick it. after putting his combination and sticking his things in with his school thing he walked back to the bathrooms to wait for Amanda when he turned a corner hr bumped into his best friend Rodney Lodovico and Rodney s date Tonya Robert. "(Yelp) watch where your going you freak" Tonya said. "Its good to see you too Tonya" Tom said helping them up.
Meanwhile in the girls bathroom Amanda had finished dressing herself up and was now looking at some of the pictures on her camera. One she looked at was a picture Rodney had taken two years ago when they won a karaoke contest by singing their favorite song Nothing else matters. Rodney had taken it just as they were finishing the last verse. Another one she looked at was their first date the very first picture Rodney ever took of them sharing milkshakes at burger king. Amanda grinned and thought to herself "I was so nervous that day". That day was 6 years ago 2 years after they met and became friends. Amanda put her camera away. "Good memory's " she thought. Outside Tom was looking through his photos he looked at a 3 year old photo from a trip through one of those tunnel of love things at a carnival. An hour or so later they were on a Feris wheel. Tom put his camera in his pocket as Amanda came out. She had kept her dress in her slightly over sized purse so she just continued down the hall with Tom into the Gym. Inside it was decorated with balloons saying things like 2011! or Happy year 2011. There was a lot of balloons and lights and other basic decor. Tom walked over to the guy controlling the music just 20 feet from the table where the punch was. He was a fellow student his job was to put in some track with appropriate music nothing like rap,death metal, etc. Tom showed the guy a little sticky note from the band teacher who was in charge of what music was available to be played. The note said that he had approved the music on the CD Tom had with him. Tom pulled it out of his pocket and handed the CD to the guy "any specific track?" the guy asked. "yeah track one" Tom answered walking back to Amanda just as the music began playing. Amanda's eyes began to show how surprised she was. Her favorite song was the first song of the night. She completely showed her surprise by ambushing Tom with kiss and saying "I cant believe it you got the Track guy to put on our song".
While they were having the time of their young lives a threat loomed out side. Inside the music stopped a minuted early as a door used for getting out to the tennis courts was thrown at the bleachers. A man in a black hoodie walked in. A male teacher tried stopping the man from coming in but was thrown 30 feet into a speaker. "Amanda take cover" Tom said. He watched the guy walk around scanning the crowd for someone he finally found Tom "YOU!" he loudly spoke then he walked up and grabbed Tom by the throat then picked him up one handed "STAY AWAY FROM THE GIRL IN RED SHE SHALL GET YOU KILLED!" he spoke throwing Tom to the ground. Tom looked up and saw the punch bowl on its table. he grabbed it and walked carefully behind the man who was now scanning the crowd for another person. Tom brought the bowl up not spilling a drop and brung it down of the mans head with all his might. The glass bowl broke and the man didn't even move. "YOU PATHETIC LITTLE ROACH!" he screamed turning and punching Tom square in the chest with a punch soaken fist .Tom flew back 30 or so feet hit the area next to the bleacher he saw Amanda in total shock as she watch him get back up. He coughed blood on to the ground. He then said to the man "coward......one throw and a strong punch thats it?" He then coughed more blood. The man looked at him in complete confusion. Tom began to smile. "Yeah your wondering whats wrong with this guy well right now you ruined a perfect night by interrupting a dance to my favorite song"now Tom was walking closer to the man "You gave a man a concussion" now Tom was right in front of him "And then you go picking a fight with me well come on then lets fight" Tom said punching the man as hard as he could making the mans face turn left as his right hand drew blood from the mans nose. The man felt the area on his face where the blood was going down with his finger he looked at his finger ans saw blood "it is a fight you have then". The man took off his hoodie revealing he was no older than Tom but his eyes turned a dark black as he drew two sword and stabbed one into the floor. "Grab your weapon boy" he said in a deep deep voice. Tom pulled the sword out of the floor and sliced at the man. The man blocked his slice and then sliced at Toms face. Tom dodged but found a cut on his right shoulder. Tom made a fatal mistake of trying to slice from above his head. The blocked and kept his sword up blocking it. The man then revealed a smaller dagger and stabbed it into tom chest and then pulled it out. He kicked Tom in the chest knocking him over. The man grabbed his other sword in mid air as it fell out of Toms hand. Tom got up on his hands and knees he watched the blood ooze out of the wound and drip to the floor. He grinned. He laughed. "Whats so funny?" the man with black eyes asked. "I just had a little vision I believe it was just my brain trying to ignore this horrific pain in my chest."Tom got up a smile on his face "In the vision a voice told me I was the son of some ancient war god called Locadus" He continued smiling " and that I was not the son of Milly and David Daniels and that I was the son of a women god of the sky called Ciagis and Locadus the war god I mentioned earlier". "That is true non mortal" The man said standing still his back to Tom. "The voice then told me my girl friend was from a god of love call Jupa and and a god of water called Belon" Tom finished. "That is also true" the man said. Toms smile turned to a shocked frown. At that moment a red cylinder of light shown around him it grew bright for a moment it remained bright and then died out. Tom looked at the shocked faces of other students and teachers. He was handed a girls mirror and he looked at himself his hair was the same and so was his face but he was no longer wearing his tux he was wearing a beige shirt and a pair of camo paints on his back he had a sort of pack with a small string hanging. He looked at his waist and found a dagger holstered. on his wrists he had metal devices he moved his hands backwards towards his forearm and noticed blades come out of the metal wrist items he kept his hands like that he found it easy to keep his hands like that as if he had done it a million times. He saw the blood and wound hand gone away. 'You realized that you were the son of gods and now it has changed your clothing ot fully convince you " The man said. A pink light then came from the bleachers and then it faded. Amanda stepped out the side dressed in a blue dress her face adorned beautifully with makeup her hair longer than it had been now hanging down to her back. Tom walked over to her and handed her the mirror "you look very very beautiful but right now I have to go take care of this guy just check yourself out in the mirror I'll be careful while dealing with him" Tom whispered into her ear. He then ran at the man with black eyes. The man ran out the door frame he had come threw. He ran much faster than Tom. Tom moved his arm back til he felt the string on his pack. He grabbed it jumped in mid run although he flew at least 30 feet up he pulled the string and noticed wings pop out of the pack it looked like a flying device Leonardo da Vinchi had created but never tested. As Tom flew he some how controlled how fast he went which direction and how high he was flying. His hands where free. He felt the left side of his waist and found a weapon and a small leather bag both attached to his belt he pulled the weapon and noticed it was as small as a squirrel and looked like and old old timey one shot pistol just the wood looked nice and the metal areas were gold. He aimed it at the man and pulled the trigger a small but noticeable BOOM! The man fell down and blood oozed out on the school parking lot from the mans head. Tom lowered and landed behind the man. The man was face down. Tom flipped him over and saw the blood oozing from both the back of his head and the area between his eyes. Tom took out his dagger after putting away what he now called "The Mocking Bird". He slit the mans throat and picked up the body he held in front of him and let the blood ooze where ever. He carried the body back to the school. He walked through the door frame after pulling the string on his pack again making the wings fold back in to a pack. He saw the students just sitting on the bleacher he also saw a police officer questioning Amanda in the area where Tom had handed her the mirror. "You freeze drop the body" the officer said. Tom did as he was told. The officer then said "you two are in a lot of trouble but if this guy was alive he'd be in more" he said pointing at Tom then Amanda and then checking the mans pulse. "Dead" the office said. More officer came and took the body then the first one took Amanda and Tom in the same squad car. They rode in the back. not cuffed. At first they hugged. "Its good to see your alright" Amanda whispered "I thought you were going to die from that wound I cant believe we are children of gods. I am the goddess daughter of a love goddess and an ocean god from some lost civilization and your the god son of a war god and a sky goddess from the same civilization". "I know how you feel" Tom said "the god of love side must be why the first time I saw you I fell in love at first I thought it was a crush you know like the ones all kids have" Amanda squeezed him tighter "now six year later we find out we are gods and who ever that guy was he must have friends with answers after we get out of this I am going hunting for answers now lets get this over with." Tom looked and saw the driver couldn't hear them because of a sound proof glass. But There was a child lock on the doors. They soon arrived at a police station. Later after interrogation Amanda's technical been alerted even though they were miles away in China on a honeymoon. She with Tom and his parents she stayed in a guest room that was connected to Toms room thanks to a bathroom. Later that night around 8ish at night. It was pitch black in Room except for his 50 inch TV flashing while he and Amanda did one of their favorite things. They played the latest Halo.You know just something to relax them after the previous nights events. "oh man I am so dead" Tom said as virtual him ducked health bar blinking red. "No your not come on this just the first level on Heroic come on I have a shotgun I'll cover you go get those grenades already" Amanda said her virtual self taking out aliens on planet Reach. Minutes later some how led to them making out on Toms couch. Toms room consisted of 5 basic items The entertainment center, his bed, his couch,his dresser,and his closet. Tom and Amanda were alone in Tom's house. They heard multiple car engines outside. They looked out Toms bedroom window and saw multiple black vans and men emptying out of the back of each. Some of them carried sub machine guns some carried swords. One big big man hopped out last out of one of the vans. He carried 2 swords he wore a large black trench coat a black shirt underneath the coat and black pants. "Amanda hide" Tom said. The red light from the dance circled around him again he was in his full battle gear this time. Golden light metal armor. That's whats he wore this time. He drew a sword. He waited in the living room just standing between the family TV and the couch. Something flew threw the window . A Molotov. The little fire bomb exploded into a flame . He tan back to his room "Amanda get out of the house its on fire!" he yelled to her in his closet. A dark blue light came from the closet and then Amanda stepped out in light blue armor carrying a sword of her own just its trim wasn't gold like Tom's it was blue. "On 3....1....2....3" Tom said at three they jumped through the window catching the men in black off guard the one with sub machine guns fired. Tom grabbed Amanda opened his wings and jumped high they soared over head. Tom thought of Amanda having her own pack with the same control he had and as soon as that thought crossed his mind she wasn't in his hands anymore she her self was 2 wings length next to him with her own pack."Now" Tom thought"how about some sub machine guns with extended clips". A second or so later 2 appeared to be floating in front of their faces waiting to be grabbed. "I'll explain later" Tom told Amanda . They both grabbed their guns and aimed down at the crowd that was trying to shoot them down. Tom pulled low and began unleashing everything he had. He saw the man in the trench coat he held a revolver he pointed it and fired. The bullet flew through the air. It unlike the others made a direct hit on Tom. Tom fell out of the sky as the bullet killed him going through his forehead. He hit the gravel street and broke his wings they broke off after he began rolling towards the man in the trench coat. He stopped at the mans feet. "Goodbye little god" The man said in a deep voice. Then he felt the full force of Amanda crashing purposely into him her sword going deep into his chest. Amanda pulled the sword out and grabbed Tom. Amanda saw a crowd of men with guns running towards them. At that very moment every fire hydrant ever sink every pipe just erupted as the water came rushing the water picked up all the men and then formed in a giant bubble keeping them trapped in with no oxygen . Amanda left the bubble there and carried Tom away. She cried. One tear however ran down her cheek it then dripped on to Tom's forehead the wound began to heal at a very fast rate. Soon it was gone. And Tom began to breath again. "Amanda...." he said weakly. She looked down at him. Shocked she then set him down. She looked around the neighborhood most of the people were watching Tom and her through windows. Amanda heard sirens. A little gray can came rolling out of the bushes. It exploded into a mountain of gas. Amanda didn't even have time to react before she blacked out.
She awoke to the sound of a helicopter. Well somewhat awoke her vision was blurry. "Sir the girl is awake" a person that sounded like a girl to Amanda's ears said. "Knock her out again". A shape began to move out of a seat in the rather narrow interior of the large 2 large rotor helicopter. The shape came within 4 feet of Amanda and she could tell it had long hair like her but it was much taller than she was. It began to reach out with a needle in hand. Before it injected the liquid in the needle in to Amanda. Another shape pounced on it this one Amanda's size short hair and the same color clothing Tom had had on when Amanda blacked out. The new shape got the needle and stabbed it into the larger shape in seconds the large shape became limp but still breathing. Two other shapes came to the back of the helicopter near the closed hatch. They had short hair and were at least a head taller the the original shape that was still limp 3 feet from Amanda. They were quiet. The one smaller shape didn't see them coming while it was trying to catch its breath. They grabbed it arms. The smaller shape used their hold to pull it self a few feet on the helicopter floor and then kicked its legs backwards hitting the two new shapes in their torsos sending each backward to the back of the pilot chair. One got up while the other stayed down catching its breath. The one that got up pulled a pistol shaped shape and fired a shot at the small shape looked down at its chest pulled out a dart shape threw over its shoulder and charged the standing shape. The tall sanding shape fired multiple shots and then the small shape went down a foot from the taller one. "Kids a tank" It said "Jek Tie cuff him while I knock out he other". Then sitting shape got up grabbed the smaller knocked out shape and dragged it back to Amanda. The tall one with the weapon walked up to Amanda with a needle in hand. It crouched and injected her in the neck with a liquid the same color as the first needle had had in it. Amanda blacked out again.
This this time she awoke and saw she was in a white painted room on a king sized bed with Tom next to her. She saw a dresser, an entertainment center,and a closet. In the entertainment center was a larger space with an Xbox 360, 2 wireless controllers on a charger that through lights shined red meaning the controllers were charging, there was also 8 stakes of games going up the vertical length of the space which was at least 5 feet. To the left of that was 100 inch plasma screen TV. On the left side of the entire entertainment center was a cable box that read 8:30 AM. Amanda had been out for at least 12 or so hours. Amanda got up and knew she had been on a bed for 12 hours. She knew his because her legs felt like they couldn't support her 103 pound figure. Her knees at first bent then began to realize they had to work again. Amanda walked over to a door just left of the entertainment center and opened it. She looked down while turning the knob and saw a beige carpet under her feet. She noticed her sneakers were on the floor at the foot of the bed. She stopped opening the door and walked over to Tom. She shook him and snapped her fingers in front of his eyes. Finally he came to. "Where are we?" he asked. "I don't know but I need a weapon" Amanda said to him. "Okay then" Tom said. After a gun materialized in midair. "9 millimeter pistol 15 round clip" Tom said plucking it out of the air and handing it to Amanda. "Thanks now stay here and wake up" she said walking toward the door gun in hand. Amanda heard footsteps. 1 person. She opened the door and heard a shatter followed by a "CRAP!". She then closed the door, gun raised. She saw a familiar shape. The woman from the helicopter. "Now what did you do that for?" the woman said looking at the carpet which now hot steaming soup and shattered bowls on it. "Put away the gun already"the woman said. At that moment Amanda heard the door just behind her get kicked open. "GET DOWN"Amanda yelling grabbing the women and throwing her on to the non soup covered area of the white hallway then jumping down herself. A flame went out from behind them over their heads. "YOU CRAZY S.O.B.!" a man yelled from the end of the 15 foot hall. Amanda looked back at Tom who was holding a can of hair spray and his own lighter. He gave that embarrassed smile that said "whoops". "We are friendly here" one of the men from the helicopter said "I had to take you on and I swear you are a tank on the helicopter you acted like you've had your arms grabbed from behind millions of times" the man wore a beige t shirt and jeans along with sneakers. Amanda saw her hair was burning. She blew it out like a candal.
After the mess was cleaned up the man said his name was Jason and the woman's name was Tonya. The other mans name was Jay while the pilot of the helicopters name was Sparky. Tonya wore a jacket over a gray shirt. Sparky had greasy hair and a dirty pair of jeans and a just as dirty if not dirtier white t shirt. Jay wore a football jersey and blue and red shorts that matched the colors of his jersey. "Follow me you two" Jason said to Amanda and Tom leading them out the door of the nice house. "come on love birds this way, this way". Tom and Amanda were holding hands while they walked. "See this" Jason said he led hem out into a green field were he was now pointing at a hole at least 3 feet deep at the bottom was water looking goop that didn't move even a little. "its a one way door to out enemy and the old kingdom of Halica the only kingdom we know the underworld location, Watch this" he said walking over to a garage and opening a side door. The garage looked like any modern garage just painted a peach color. Jason came out holding a long rope rapped up. He walked to the edge of the hold and dropped a good portion of the rope in half fell down the hole and into the liquid making move a little. "Now Abra Cadabra!" Jason yelled pull the whole rope up but revealing the only the piece that wasn't in the liquid came up. "As I said its one way only there are supposedly 100 of these entrance holes and the same number for exits". The began to rumble and crack under their feet. "That's not....." Tom was about to finish with the word good but the ground gave wave under them them and the three of them fell into the liquid and were sent to the underworld kingdoms. Tom and Amanda fell but not Jason who had grabbed a rock just as he was about to hit the liquid. He climbed up and began running back to the safe house so he could tell the others what happened.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:22 am
YoungNate8 says...

Its long but I assure you its worth it I am trying to do every thing possible to make it an enjoy able Novel

Stupidity's the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.
— William Gaddis