z

Young Writers Society

Lilly Evan's diary 11

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:12 pm
Charlii101 says...

i know it's short, and may i just say that if there's any mistakes i am sorry, really tired and sorry if it's too short for your liking

Dear diary,
Mary was right, Severus was planning to sleep outside the dorm room, as soon as i got out Severus said sorry straight away, all i said was that i only came out because Mary said you were threatening to sleep out here. He kept on saying sorry; i can't even look at him any more. My own best friend and saying something like that has just broken out relationship! I told him it was too late to say sorry, i had all this anger that wanted to burst out on him but i was better than that give him the guilty card so he can suffer, without me even saying anything. But I had to get rid off this anger so i called him a death eater and he knew it was true i could see it written all over his face! I had enough of looking at him i couldn't stand it no more. My best friends
Once
But never again
Never
Never
How could i forgive him for doing that?
Lilly Evan

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:35 am
Calligraphy says...

Because this is so short, I can't really give you an overall. So I will give you a few nit-picks. I know last time you were offended by my review, but your grammar does need improving. Not that mine is so great or anything.

you wrote:Dear diary,
Mary was right, Severus was planning to sleep outside the dorm room, as soon as i got out Severus said sorry straight away, all i said was that i only came out because Mary said you were threatening to sleep out here.
This first sentence is a bit of a run-on. It could be four sentences altogether if you made them short. Making too long of sentences without the correct grammar just confuses people. A better way to write it would be:

Mary was right; Severus was planning to sleep outside the dorm room, and as soon as I got out Severus said sorry straight away. I only said I only came out because Mary said he was threatening to sleep out there.

You probably noticed I changed the wording to the last sentence. If you want her to take an exact quote of herself the correct grammar would be:

All I said was, "I only came out because Mary said you were threatening to sleep out here."

Do you get what I mean?

He kept on saying sorry; i can't even look at him any more. My own best friend and saying something like that has just broken out relationship!

First, I think that the last sentence could be much more powerful if you wrote it if you broke it up into two like this:

My own best friend. Saying that has broken our relationship.

Also, I made 'out' to 'our' because I am pretty sure it is a typo, and rephrased it. I can't stress enough the point you need to take out any unneeded words. The more straight to the point things are the easier it is to read them. I also thought that because you are talking about a specific thing that you don't have to say 'something like this'.

I told him it was too late to say sorry, i had all this anger that wanted to burst out on him but i was better than that give him the guilty card so he can suffer, without me even saying anything.

This should be:

I told him it was too late to say sorry; I had all this anger that I wanted to burst out on him, but i was better than that.

I'm not sure about the rest because I think you need to explain this a bit more. I'm not sure.

But I had to get rid off this anger so i called him a death eater and he knew it was true i could see it written all over his face! I had enough of looking at him i couldn't stand it no more.

This should be:

I had to get rid of this anger so I called him a death eater, and he knew it was true; I could see it written all over his face! I had enough of looking at him; I couldn't stand it anymore.

How could i forgive him for doing that?

Shouldn't this be:

How can I forgive him for doing that?

Because you have been talking in present tense.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to P.M. me.

I hope I helped,

A. S.

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights