z

Young Writers Society

Pure and Simple

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat May 07, 2011 9:10 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

"What really happened to Dad?" Fieldpaw whispered.

"No cat knows." Infinite sadness echoed in Hawkstar's voice. "He would've been proud of you."

Fieldpaw digested that for a moment. Then she said, "I'll find him. If he's alive, I'm going to bring him home."
Either rabbits are getting faster or I'm slowing down, Bluestripe thought.

"Never mind," laughed Badgerclaw. "There are more where that came from!"

"Don't you ever get frustrated?"

"Not since I was a kit." The younger tom splayed his forepaws in a stretch. "Come on, Stripe ol' boy. Let's head for home."

Stripe ol' boy? When did he start being so cheeky? Bluestripe sighed and turned towards home. He's right, though. They'll be wanting a younger deputy.

(Air's writing)

"Where did you last see him?" Fieldpaw asks snuggling up to her mom

"Oh, It was a long time ago, i cant really remember" Hawkstar replies looking at her

"It had to be after I was born though, right?"

"Yes, it was. I just can't understand his reasoning."

"He just ran off? he wouldn't have done that, he couldn't have," she says getting tired. "It wasn't... anything to do with my paws?"

"No one really knows what happened, and I'm sure it wasn't anything to do with you" Hawkstar says, snuggling closer to her kit.

"You do that, just remeber, you have to find him first."
Last edited by Stori on Mon May 23, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Sat May 07, 2011 9:59 pm
GeeLyria says...

Hi, here to review. :) Okay, so I like this story. It's cool! But there are a few grammar errors.

Nitpicks:
Blue = should be caps. Red = Add comma/periods, other things.

Stori wrote:"Where did you last see him?" Fieldpaw asks, snuggling up to her mom.

There should be a comma after "asks" and a period after the sentence ends. :)

"Oh, It was a long time ago, i cant really remeber,"

The first letter in "it" shouldn't be a capital. That "I" in blue should be a capital. Can't should "wear" an apostrophe... xD And you should add a comma before the diolog ends.

hawkstar replys, looking at her.

Hawkstar is a name, therefor the first letter should be a capital. There should be a comma after "reply", and a period that closes the sentence. xD

"It had to be after i was born though, right?"

All I's should be capital letters if they are a pronoun.

"He just ran off? he wouldn't have done that, he couldn't have," she says, getting tired.

Great job! Keep writing!

~Solvy <3
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon May 09, 2011 6:38 am
Vramel says...

Red - Grammar/Spelling Change | Blue - Alternative

"What really happened to Dad?" Fieldpaw whispered.

"No cat knows..." Infinite sadness echoed in Hawkstar's voice. "He would've been proud of you."

Fieldpaw digested that for a moment. Then she said, "I'll find him. If he's alive, I'm going to bring him home."
Either rabbits are getting faster or I'm slowing down, Bluestripe thought.

"Never mind," laughed Badgerclaw. "There are more where that came from!"

"Don't you ever get frustrated?"

"Not since I was a kit." The younger Tom splayed his forepaws in a stretch. "Come on, Stripe ol' boy. Let's head for home."

Stripe ol' boy? When did he start being so cheeky? Bluestripe sighed and turned towards home. He's right, though. They'll be wanting a younger deputy.

(Air's writing)

"Where did you last see him?" Fieldpaw asks snuggling up to her mom

"Oh, It was a long time ago, I cant really remember" Hawkstar replies looking at her.

"It had to be after I was born though, right?"

"Yes, it was. I just can't understand his reasoning."

"He just ran off? he wouldn't have done that, he couldn't have," She says getting tired. "It wasn't... anything to do with my paws?"

"No one really knows what happened, and I'm sure it wasnt anything to do with you" Hawkstar says, snuggling closer to her kit.

Sorry, bit rusty, this is my first review! Anyway, off to school now!
I'm a Writer!

If you want to help a dragon egg in need click here: http://dragcave.net/view/YQdH

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Sat May 21, 2011 6:23 pm
View Likes
freewritersavvy says...

Oh man.... it's been years since I read Warriors!

Nice job, I like your short story.

Keep Writing,
~FW~
http://www.isiseiyr.com
~When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. ~ George Carver

Writing...they claim it is a dangerous occupation... 'they' have no idea!

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..."
— Unnamed Girl from "Mean Girls"