z

Young Writers Society

The Magical Diary of L.L.P-- part 6

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:49 am
Mikko says...

Spoiler! :
I am actually quite proud of this novel. It's actually going somewhere! Woohoo! Is it because it has something to do with Harry Potter that I'm keeping faith in it? Anyway, whatever it is that's motivating me, I must keep this up.

Dear Moon,
I’ve just woken up and it’s almost supper time. When I came home, all I wanted to do was get a large glass of pumpkin juice and watch T.V but I ended up knocked out on the sofa, asleep. I’m still in uniform and if I don’t get changed anytime soon, Mum’s going to have a go at me.
I’ll write later before going to bed to give you more on how my day went.
Bye!

L.L.Potter
15/10/2017

Dear Moon,
I’ve had a really tiring day which is why I ended up sleeping in the living room. And I almost slept on my dinner! I don’t even know why I’m so tired, I didn’t do much apart from the long game of 'It' that I played with most of the class. It was a lot of fun and made me know more of my class mates better. After the game, Emily and I went to stay with a group of girls from our class and we talked.

“I like your hair! I haven’t seen much red-heads, especially girls, they’re rare and I think it’s very cool. Pretty too.” A girl called named Karla Kennington told me. Karla has short blond hair and big blue eyes. She always has red ribbons in her hair to match her uniform.
“Thank you. I like your hair too.” I answered.

“So do you like this school? How is it like…I mean, what is it like to be homeschooled? Don’t you get bored?” Another girl, called Isabel Bishops, asked with a smile and making her brown eyes twinkle.
“Yes, I do! And I feel so lonely, even though I’m with Hugo. Pentsbury is nice. I mean, I get to meet you lot, run in the playground and do something different everyday. It’s great!” I smiled excitedly. I had no idea what it was like to be homeschooled but I knew what it was like to be stuck at home all day with nothing to do.
“I’ve been here since nursery, so to me, it’s like home. But I don’t see what’s so great about it. It’s just any other school.” Karla said.
“Yeah but for me, it’s great ‘cause I’ve never been to school, you see?” They all nodded understandingly apart from Karla who just shrugged her shoulders. I had had enough of talking about me because I was afraid they’d start asking me lots of questions so I changed the subject.

“So…what do you want to be when you grow up?” Karla was the first to answer (for a change heh :P ).
“I want to be an actress and model. It’s always been my dream! One day I’ll be just like Fifi Twott, the biggest Hollywood star! My mum said that even when I was really little I liked posing for pictures.” To be honest, I wasn’t surprised when she said that. She just seems like that kind of person, and I must say I’m not too sure about her. She seems so bossy and I think she thinks she’s the best.

“I want to be an astronaut and motor-bike race champion.” The third girl said. Her name is Alison Bakary . She has long black hair and beautiful brown African skin and eyes. I think I like her best, after Emily, especially because she is such a tom-boy and because she gets along with Hugo really well.

“I started riding since I was six years old. And I really love it!”
“I don’t really know what I want to become…” Isabel said, looking at Karla who didn’t seem to care. “Maybe an actress too, so that I can be with my best friend, Karla, forever!”

Emily, Alison and me looked at Isabel and Karla weirdly. So Karla thought she was the queen and Isabel was her follower. That is what I learned today. And that Alison is really nice and has helped Hugo to open up more. He’s more comfortable with the school and everything and is going back to his old, normal self. I’m very proud of him, especially as he is still working on his memory.

Ok, my sleepiness from earlier has come back so I’m going to bed (my eyes are already half closed)!
Goodnight.

L.L.Potter
15/10/2017- Later that day.

Dear Moon,
It’s finally Friday! I know I didn’t write yesterday because I had homework and I was tired again. School is exciting! I love it but I’m happy to be staying home for two days to get a bit more energy to do it all again next week.

I can’t believe I’ve gone through my first week of school already and I’ve already done a lot of things and made friends. Emily, Alison and maybe Robert are my new friends though I think it’s a bit early to know. But Emily is a real friend which is why she’s been my friend from the very first moment we spoke. I’m still not too sure about Karla and Isabel though.

Well, tomorrow I’m going to my uncles’ shop. I think they should sell those muggle sweets I ate today called Haribos. They’re delicious and come in different shapes and flavours and remind me of the Every-flavour beans but without the horrible flavours.

I’m going there because before that I’ll be with Hugo at the hospital and then mum will be picking me up from there to get my hair done. She says I need to try something new. Should I cut it extra short or only a little? I agree that I should be getting a hair cut because my hair is growing all the way down my back and maybe I’ll get a fringe. I know highlights are out of the question- mum says not until I’m at least 13! Maybe I should get some curls in it so that it’ll look like Roxanne...although hers is naturally curly since she’s mixed-raced, but I think it’s beautiful!

Ah! A new hairstyle to go with my new uniform for my new school. A whole new Lily!

But I’m still the same girl who is wondering how her brothers are doing and if that Dr. Granger and Harris Granger are related and if they are, could they be my aunt’s siblings?

Anyway, I’m feeling a little hungry, maybe I’ll go and get a snack from the fridge but I don’t know if mum and dad are asleep. Sometimes me and Hugo do that when we sleep over at our grandparents’ but they’re so old that they never notice. Even if they did, we wouldn’t get in trouble- we’d probably be given more to eat! :)

At Hugo’s when we creep down, I’m always worried that they have some sort of magic booby-traps that will catch us but he always says I shouldn’t worry because he knows some of his dad’s secret stashes of sweets.
But when it’s my house, I have no need to worry because Mum and Dad can’t hear anything going in the kitchen from where their room is.

Ok, I’m going downstairs for my little snack. Wish me luck (that I don’t get caught!)

I’ve just come back up from the kitchen and there wasn’t much in the fridge so I just got a glass of homemade pumpkin juice. I had to tip-toe my way down, back up and along the corridor because the light was still on in my parents’ room- I could see it under the door.

I think I’ll try my best to get some answers out of that doctor. I find it weird that she didn’t ask herself that question earlier, when she was younger? Why did she have to wait until she was sixteen to get some answers from her parents? Oh stop it Lily! You’re getting carried a way again. Not everybody is as annoyingly curious as you are.

You’re right, Moon. I really need to work on that. Sometimes Grandma says I ask too many questions, sometimes more questions than there are answers. James sometimes tells me that I’ll end up in Hufflepuff if I carry on like that but I want to go to Gryffindor just like the rest of the family. But I know he’s just teasing me, just like what he kept saying to Albus. He said Albus would go to Slytherin but in his froggy, warty face! Albus is another Potter in Gryffindor!

By the way, they had promised me many owls but I’ve only received one and that was because I had sent them one first. Oh well. They’re probably busy. And anyway, so am I now that I’ve started school. What with homework twice a week, and getting home feeling sleepy.

This pumpkin juice is delicious! Grandma made it and gave us four bottles only yesterday and I’ve almost finished the third one! Mum says I’ll get a tummy ache but I can’t help it. Grandma makes the best juice in the world!

Alright, I’m off to bed. I think I just heard Mum and Dad’s bedroom door opening and if one of them comes in here and sees me with this dirty, empty glass, still up and writing then I’ll be in for one!

So goodnight!

L.L.Potter
17/10/2017
Last edited by Mikko on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:45 am
goofysmurf1 says...

First ok awesome will you write one later
go to page.php?id=1242 now please and subcribe

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:35 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Hi Marco! I need to get back all my points, so I'm going to review you!! :) ALL YOUR CHAPTERS!

I’ve just woken up and it’s almost supper time. When I came home, all I wanted to do was get a large glass of pumpkin juice and watch T.V. but I ended up knocked out on the sofa, sleepingasleep. I’m still in uniform and if I don’t get changed anytime soon, mum’s going to have a go at me.

Dear Moon,

It's such a cute nickname! * sequels*

Emily and me went to say with

This confused me. Also, even though she's ten, you may want to consider changing it to I not me.Just a little grammatical nit pick :)

“So do you like this school? How is it like…I mean, what is it like to be homeschooled? Don’t you get bored?” Another girl, called Isabel Bishops, asked with a smile and making herthat made herbrown eyes twinkle.

But Emily is a real friend which is why she’s been my friend form

from

Oh stop it Lily! You’re getting carried a way again. Not everybody is as annoyingly curious as you are. You’re right, Moon. I really need to work on that.

This part made me go What? so, maybe cut this part out?

I enjoyed this, as always. I love your diary, and look! There aren't that many nitpicks! So congrats! I really like it, as I keep saying. Off to review 5! And yes, I'm going backwards. :) lol.

~Annnalane
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:48 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Hi, I'm Nike from team TARDIS here to review! I was meaning to read this story earlier but never got the chance to, SORRY! I really am! But now I'm here so let's get cracking, shall we?

Dear Moon,

I’ve just woken up and it’s almost supper time. When I came home, all I wanted to do was get a large glass of pumpkin juice and watch T.V but I ended up knocked out on the sofa, asleep. I’m still in uniform and if I don’t get changed anytime soon, Mum’s going to have a go at me.

I’ll write later before going to bed to give you more on how my day went.

Bye!

L.L.Potter

15/10/2017

Dear Moon,

I’ve had a really tiring day which is why I ended up sleeping in the living room. And I almost slept on my dinner! I don’t even know why I’m so tired, I didn’t do much apart from the long game of ’It’ that I played with most of the class. It was a lot of fun and made me know more of my class mates better. After the game, Emily and I went to stay with a group of girls from our class and we talked.

“I like your hair! I haven’t seen much red-heads, especially girls, they’re rare and I think it’s very cool. Pretty too.” A girl called named Karla Kennington told me. Karla has short blond hair and big blue eyes. She always has red ribbons in her hair to match her uniform.

“Thank you. I like your hair too.” I answered.

“So do you like this school? How is it like…I mean, what is it like to be homeschooled? Don’t you get bored?” Another girl, called Isabel Bishops, asked with a smile and making her brown eyes twinkle.

“Yes, I do! And I feel so lonely, even though I’m with Hugo. Pentsbury is nice. I mean, I get to meet you lot, run in the playground and do something different everyday. It’s great!” I smiled excitedly. I had no idea what it was like to be homeschooled but I knew what it was like to be stuck at home all day with nothing to do.

“I’ve been here since nursery, so to me, it’s like home. But I don’t see what’s so great about it. It’s just any other school.” Karla said.

“Yeah but for me, it’s great ‘cause I’ve never been to school, you see?” They all nodded understandingly apart from Karla who just shrugged her shoulders. I had had enough of talking about me because I was afraid they’d start asking me lots of questions so I changed the subject.

“So…what do you want to be when you grow up?” Karla was the first to answer (for a change heh :P ).

“I want to be an actress and model. It’s always been my dream! One day I’ll be just like Fifi Twott, the biggest Hollywood star! My mum said that even when I was really little I liked posing for pictures.” To be honest, I wasn’t surprised when she said that. She just seems like that kind of person, and I must say I’m not too sure about her. She seems so bossy and I think she thinks she’s the best.

“I want to be an astronaut and motor-bike race champion.” The third girl said. Her name is Alison Bakary . She has long black hair and beautiful brown African skin and eyes. I think I like her best, after Emily, especially because she is such a tom-boy and because she gets along with Hugo really well.

“I started riding since I was six years old. And I really love it!”

“I don’t really know what I want to become…” Isabel said, looking at Karla who didn’t seem to care. “Maybe an actress too, so that I can be with my best friend, Karla, forever!”

Emily, Alison and me looked at Isabel and Karla weirdly. So Karla thought she was the queen and Isabel was her follower. That is what I learned today. And that Alison is really nice and has helped Hugo to open up more. He’s more comfortable with the school and everything and is going back to his old, normal self. I’m very proud of him, especially as he is still working on his memory.

Ok, my sleepiness from earlier has come back so I’m going to bed (my eyes are already half closed)!

Goodnight.

L.L.Potter

15/10/2017- Later that day.

Dear Moon,

It’s finally Friday! I know I didn’t write yesterday because I had homework and I was tired again. School is exciting! I love it but I’m happy to be staying home for two days to get a bit more energy to do it all again next week.

I can’t believe I’ve gone through my first week of school already and I’ve already done a lot of things and made friends. Emily, Alison and maybe Robert are my new friends though I think it’s a (space) bit early to know. But Emily is a real friend which is why she’s been my friend from the very first moment we spoke. I’m still not too sure about Karla and Isabel though.

Well, tomorrow I’m going to my uncles’ shop. I think they should sell those muggle sweets I ate today called Haribos. They’re delicious and come in different shapes and flavours and remind me of the Every-flavour beans but without the horrible flavours.

I’m going there because before that I’ll be with Hugo at the hospital and then mum will be picking me up from there to get my hair done. She says I need to try something new. Should I cut it extra short or only a little? I agree that I should be getting a hair cut because my hair is growing all the way down my back and maybe I’ll get a fringe. No, highlights are out of the question- mum says not until I’m at least 13! Maybe I should get some curls in it so that it’ll look like Roxanne...although hers is naturally curly since she’s mixed-raced, but I think it’s beautiful!

Ah! A new hairstyle to go with my new uniform for my new school. A whole new Lily!

But I’m still the same girl who is wondering how her brothers are doing and if that Dr. Granger and Harris Granger are related and if they are, could they be my aunt’s siblings?

Anyway, I’m feeling a little hungry, maybe I’ll go and get a snack from the fridge but I don’t know if mum and dad are asleep. Sometimes me and Hugo do that when we sleep over at our grandparents’ but they’re so old that they never notice. Even if they did, we wouldn’t get in trouble- we’d probably be given more to eat! :)

At Hugo’s when we creep down, I’m always worried that they have some sort of magic booby-traps that will catch us but he always says I shouldn’t worry because he knows some of his dad’s secret stashes of sweets.

But when it’s my house, I have no need to worry because Mum and Dad can’t hear anything going in the kitchen from where their room is.

Ok, I’m going downstairs for my little snack. Wish me luck (that I don’t get caught!)

I’ve just come back up from the kitchen and there wasn’t much in the fridge so I just got a glass of homemade pumpkin juice. I had to tip-toe my way down, back up and along the corridor because the light was still on in my parents’ room- I could see it under the door.

I think I’ll try my best to get some answers out of that doctor. I find it weird that she didn’t ask herself that question earlier, when she was younger? Why did she have to wait until she was sixteen to get some answers from her parents? Oh stop it Lily! You’re getting carried a way again. Not everybody is as annoyingly curious as you are.

You’re right, Moon. I really need to work on that. Sometimes Grandma says I ask too many questions, sometimes more questions than there are answers. James sometimes tells me that I’ll end up in Hufflepuff if I carry on like that but I want to go to Gryffindor just like the rest of the family. But I know he’s just teasing me, just like what he kept saying to Albus. He said Albus would go to Slytherin but in his froggy, warty face! Albus is another Potter in Gryffindor!

By the way, they had promised me many owls but I’ve only received one and that was because I had sent them one first. Oh well. They’re probably busy. And anyway, so am I now that I’ve started school. What with homework twice a week, and getting home feeling sleepy.

This pumpkin juice is delicious! Grandma made it and gave us four bottles only yesterday and I’ve almost finished the third one! Mum says I’ll get a tummy ache but I can’t help it. Grandma makes the best juice in the world!

Alright, I’m off to bed. I think I just heard Mum and Dad’s bedroom door opening and if one of them comes in here and sees me with this dirty, empty glass, still up and writing then I’ll be in for one!

So goodnight!

L.L.Potter

17/10/2017

OVERALL: I loved this! It was short and sweet, a great journal/diary. I can't believe I didn't read this before! You did have a few mistakes up there, I pointed them out. If you re-read then maybe you'll catch them as well. I loooooved this. Planning on reading more!

Keep Writing!

Nike :)
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren