z

Young Writers Society

Alezrani Chapter 10

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:44 pm
Idraax says...

After Chapter 6

Wolf sighed, but dropped the subject. He could always come back to it later anyway. Silence filled the room once again. Wolf shifted as Seres shut off the water.

"So," he started, "what have you been up to?"

Seres ran a hand through his hair. "I reopened my bookstore in a different location. Now I have to restock it."

Wolf nodded. "That's good." He hesitated, looking at the surface of the table.

"What is it?"

"Do you...do you want help?" he asked tentatively.

Seres blinked. It had only been four months since the incident, but Wolf seemed to have forgiven him. Unless, of course, Wolf was waiting to take his revenge. But they had agreed to start over. So, he could take that chance, couldn't he? "Sure, if you can."

Wolf laughed. "Seeing as I'm currently out of a job. I don't have any other plans."

"You lost your job?" Seres wondered why he hadn't heard of this during the time that they had spent together.

"I worked for the council remember." Wolf's smile was benign, but Seres still felt like he should have known that.

"I guess I forgot." Just then, there was a loud noise. Something that sound like a mixture of chimes and opera.

Seres looked up and hurriedly got up from his chair. He bent down, opened the cupboard beneath the stove and took out an aerosol can. There was a red light flashing on the can and it was emitting the loud noise that they had heard earlier.

"What the hell are you going to do with that?"

"You'll see." Seres popped the cap and sprayed the mist in the air. It spread through the kitchen, shaping itself into symbols until there was an entire paragraph in front of them.

Wolf stared at it. "Is that one of your inventions?"

Seres nodded, picked up the can and pushed his chair in. "Give me about…" his eyes flicked to the clock and then to the ceiling "ten minutes to pack and then we'll make a run for it."

Wolf gave him a blank look.

"They've found us." Seres dashed upstairs and Wolf heard a door bang open.

Later, they both stood outside of the house and watched it burn. Seres tightened the straps of his bag and turned away.

"We can't stay here." Wolf couldn't read his voice and, so, he merely gave Seres's should a squeeze and followed.
Check these out please! :)
Alezrani
Will review for food thread

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:31 am
smilelikeyoumeanit says...

Hey,
i'm not gonna lie i have only read this chapter i have never read any of your other work but i decided to read soemthing new for me and see how i feel about it :D

Firstly i think this chapter needs to get to the point quicker. I like the character of wolf he seams mysterious and dark and interesting, i hope that in the rest of the book you have played to this:)
Wolf's smile was benign,

i think that this line is a very good one to reflect the character of wolf :D

i also hope that you have gone into more detail to why wolf has lost his job :) because this would make a more interesting chapter. Also Seres seams to lack a little personality and think maybe giving him some more mannerisms and such to give him a little more personality.

But your work shows promise keep going and keep me up dated :D

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
— Albus Dumbledore