z

Young Writers Society

An extract from 'Fatal Hours' - Sam A.Huntley

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:15 pm
Samalexhuntley says...

( The storyline is supposed to be unclear, feedback would be lovely!:D ) :pirate3:

'I tried to get up, but I lost balance immediately. Wherever we were, it reeked of moist skin. ‘I can’t move’ Rosie complained. ‘Me neither, that must be... the first thing that we both have in common.’ I snorted with laughter. Her laugh seemed to elevate the spirit of the room, and gave me a happy, warm feeling. Then she stifled the laughter as if she wasn’t... allowed to laugh. The gloomy atmosphere drifted back.
The whole place shuddered. I didn’t move nor breathe. ‘Plip... Plop’ Droplets of water began nervously tapping somewhere far away from us. For the first time in my life I felt protected, shielded by the darkness. ‘Plop...Plop...’ I wondered what Rosie was thinking at this very moment. The room seemed paralysed, the peace was almost overwhelming. I inhaled and exhaled slowly and silently. The dripping noise stopped. ‘WHOOSH!’ A roaring cloud of fire blazed up and ignited what now appeared to be a cavern, the size of a hangar. The cloud blasted through walls of dirt and hot air surged forward at us aswe scrambled in an attempt to avoid the blast. I rolled over the pile that supported us, and just before I hit the floor the blast caught me. My arm exploded with excruciating, burning pain. I screamed in agony. A racing wave of flames smacked into the pile that stood between us and the fire. Fire crashed into the cavern wall towering behind our heads and sliced through it like cake. The walls gave way; and crumbled...'

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
— Voltaire