z

Young Writers Society

Shooting Star ( NaNo 2010 ) [ 1 ]

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:01 pm
Teardrop says...

--Deleted--
Last edited by Teardrop on Sat May 28, 2011 1:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
And are the doctors dancing in, while the ambulances sing. Another boy without a sharper knife. The moment, that's where I kill the conversation, wrap this up with a knife that loves to feel. How do you know how deep to go before it's real?
- Yeah Boy And Doll Face ~ Pierce The Veil

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:22 pm
jDawn says...

Hi! : D Here to review.

First of all, I started crying when I read this. So far, Dakota's story is really sad and unfortunate. It makes me think of some of the kids in my school who have bad parents and it make's me think of how lucky I am to have awesome parents.
when you tell about the night Dakota left, it get's intense. But that just makes your character more interesting.

Teardrop wrote:She looked outside nervously to make sure nobody had heard anything about her poaching illegally and selling them to the butcher, than she walked home.
This is what i'd call a run on sentence, or my English teacher calls them "energizer bunny sentences" You do this a lot. I think you should go threw and fix those.

Your story is also lacking a lot of detail. I think you should go threw and add details, really paint a picture of the story. That would add lenth which is awesome for NaNo and depth to the story.

Overall, I think this is really good. I think you should keep writing,and good luck for NaNo.
"They can put me in prison but they can't stop my face from breakin' out."

" A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."

-Adam Young, My Hero <3

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:54 pm
Teardrop says...

Ok! Thanks!
And are the doctors dancing in, while the ambulances sing. Another boy without a sharper knife. The moment, that's where I kill the conversation, wrap this up with a knife that loves to feel. How do you know how deep to go before it's real?
- Yeah Boy And Doll Face ~ Pierce The Veil

She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.
— Atticus