z

Young Writers Society

Gone With You~Chapter 6

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:11 am
SteppinRazor says...

Soledad

I was hit by sunlight, bright shiny, annoying sunlight. I flipped over trying my best to fall back asleep, I failed.

I got up lazily and walked to the bathroom. Taking some toothpaste and spreading it on my finger I began cleaning my teeth. I brushed my hair and put it in a high ponytail, then putting on my sneakers, and not bothering to change out of the 'Sum 41' shirt I had on or the gray sweatpants, I slowly and quietly walked out.

Looking around, It appeared no one was home. I walked on my toes to what I figured was the kitchen. I know it's not my house but I'm hungry, I opened the fridge and took out some orange juice. Looking through the cupboards for a cup,

"Hello?"

I stopped dead in my tracks and froze.

"Who are you?" came the voice again. I turned around slowly,

And saw a woman, a fragile looking woman, but she was still beautiful. This must be his wife! She was tall and awfully thin, her eyes were a light green but the dark circles made them even lighter. Her nose was straight and she seemed familiar.

"Hi," I replied stupidly.

"Hello there," she said softly. With the cane in her hand she walked to the table and sat slowly. I heard her whimper when she was finally sitting.

I bit my lip, this must be the woman who was crying last night.

"Who are you?" she said her voice tired.

"I-I," I stuttered out I didn't know what to say, was she even suppose to know about me? I'm thinking not.

"I'm Soledad, come sit." she motioned to the seat in front of her.

I obeyed.

"What's your name?" she said barely able to speak, she grunted a little as if speaking hurt. With a curious look she smiled kindly at me.

She didn't seem mean, she just looked very sick and in a lot of pain. I looked at my hands and fiddled with my thumbs, I looked at her and looked away,

"I-I'm Melina." I replied.

"What are you doing out!" came a loud voice.

I jumped and stared at Leon as he stood in the passage way, he was glaring and seemed very upset.

"Leon, Please, don't yell." said Soledad, scolding him. She looked at me and smiled before turning to him and glaring.

He shrank back and looked down. Wow this woman had power, I think I like her.

"I'm sorry, mama." he said.

Mama? Did he just call her mom?

"Good, I was just meeting Melina,?" she said.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Melina?" he questioned.

"Yes, her. Who is she Leon?"

He looked as if realization had hit him and he looked at me, Melina he softly whispered.

I looked away.

"Uh, she is Melina, my girlfriend." he said nervously.

And I dropped my cup on the floor and stared at him shocked. I was about to disagree when I saw the pleading look in his eyes.

"Oh! How wonderful! My Leon has finally found someone! And Leon she is so beautiful! And here I thought you would grow to be a 26 year old spinster!" she was overjoyed, and smiling like a lunatic.

"Mama, please," he said looking embarrassed.

So he was 26, I would have thought he were younger.

"Oh, Leon come on, I've never met any of your girlfriends. Honestly have you ever had any?" Soledad looked at him curiously.

I could see red tint on his cheeks and he ignored her. He looked at me,

"Melina, I need to talk to you," he smirked, oh that's right he knows my name. I rolled my eyes as he walked away.

"You are just beautiful my girl." her light green eyes brightened, "You seem perfect for my son, please don't go breaking his heart." She finished looking hopeful.

"Of course not."

Where the hell did that come from! Why was I even covering for him! And why did it feel good to know he wasn't married!

Ugh!

Author Note: Le Gasp! And guess what! her NAME is FINALLY revealed!
Last edited by SteppinRazor on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tidal waves they rip right through me
Tears from eyes worn cold and sad
Pick me up now, I need you so bad
Down down down down

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:11 am
fruityfortissimo says...

Hey! its fruity!

ONCE AGAIN I am thouroughly captivated by your writing. Only one thing I picked out was this
"You are just beautiful my girl."

"You seem perfect for my son, please don't go breaking his heart." Soledad looked hopeful
Your didn't need to seperate the dialogue. IM SORRY! You can hit me for being a format nazi! :( haha but seriously this was fantastic I absolutely LOVE what you're doing with theses characters. And FINALLY a name to the unnamed hero! :D Can't wait to read more seriously keep it up!

Love fruity! <3
"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."
Harvey Fierstein
"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet."
Plato

Who knows anything about anyone, let alone themselves.
— Hank Green