z

Young Writers Society

Gone With You~Chapter 7

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:43 pm
SteppinRazor says...

Shiver My Timbers And Your Tables

I walked out of the kitchen, after excusing myself from Soledad. I entered the living room, a ray of sunlight was shining upon it making it more vivid and brighter.

I looked for Leon, but he was nowhere in sight. I was already nervous, wondering what it is he wanted to talk about. And then I saw the door, the door that was my freedom. I could escape,

Would I make it?

I walked slowly towards it, and I heard noise coming from the room I slept in last night. I took another quiet step to the door, holding my breathe, taking another step trying to be as quiet as possibly. I hope these floors don't squeak.

Yes your almost there Melina!

I rooted in my head.

This is it, your so close!

Make a run for it!

You can make it, you can escape, hurry up Melina!

No! Wait!

Stop!

What are you doing!

Don't go that way!

Your ruining your chance, the door is right there
!

I was having an inner battle with myself, my body was not obeying me. About two feet away from the door I came to a halt, and started walking to the room. It was as if my body got a mind of it's own.

When I made it to the door frame I saw him. He was standing by a dresser, looking at a photo I hadn't noticed. From where I was standing it seemed to be of two young boys, and he looked at it almost sadly. And my curiosity grew about him,

Who exactly is Leon? Shouldn't he be crazy? Crazy and volatile? Why is he so calm, he's a kidnapper, he should be a savage and psychotic.
Well there is his mood swings, but their not the 'I'm going to kill you' type. Their more the 'shut up and listen' with a please at the end.

As I got to know him a bit, I find myself more absorbed by his character.I cleared my throat as i stood by the door, and he immediately turned his green gaze on me. I felt as if I were nude, as if I had no privacy and nothing was sacred.

"Sit," came his voice, it was low and controlled.

I walked to the bed, I felt my heart beating out the roof. And my knees trembling uncontrollably. His stare was so intense as if it were penetrating my skin, I know he could sense and see my fear. But he neither smirked nor grinned mischievously. I sat on the side of the bed,

"So, Melina. Do you have a last name?" he sat on the edge of the bed.

"F-Falco," I whispered. I wanted to cry, the fear was trying to take over, and I was trying my best fighting against it.

"Melina Falco," he repeated. "Where do you live?"

"In an Equestrian Community," I felt my breathing uneven.

"Horse properties?" he said.

"Yes," I felt my lips quiver.

He scooted closer to me, and I felt my whole body shiver.

"Calm down," he said. He stooped and repositioned himself next to me, and began rubbing soothing circles on my back.

As bad as it may sound, and even crazy, it felt nice.

"I'm not going to hurt you Melina, I just need you to be calm, answer my questions and then this can all be over." he added coolly.

"When? When will it be over?" I moved away from him and faced him, "I just want to go home Leon, please. Can't you just let me go?" I asked.

He frowned, "I'm afraid I can't, this is my job, and I can't afford to loose it or die. Remember that Emile is very powerful, he could eliminate you and me at any moment." he paused, "Just answer my questions, Emile will get his ransom, and you will be with your family." he said.

"But, then what? Your boss takes all our money, and where does that leave my family? I don't want to be the reason we end up in the street." I finished angrily.

"You wouldn't be the reason, Melina."

I jerked my head to him ,

"What do you mean I wouldn't be the reason?" I said suspiciously.

"I can't tell you,"

"Why not?"

"Because I can't OK." he snapped, and I glared at him.

"If you won't answer my questions, I won't answer yours." I quipped, he tried but failed at hiding his surprised expression, I bet he wasn't expecting that,

Yes the tables have turned.

Author Note: Holy Smokes! Things got a whole lot more interesting! The Plot thickens!And we enter deeper! Muahaha

Tidal waves they rip right through me
Tears from eyes worn cold and sad
Pick me up now, I need you so bad
Down down down down

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:38 pm
View Likes
fruityfortissimo says...

Not a single thing wrong with this chapter! :D This was really great your characters are really developing. No format errors that I saw, and no grammatical errors. Basically, this chapter was awesome. :) Great work I'm really looking forward to reading more!
"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."
Harvey Fierstein
"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet."
Plato

The blood jet is poetry and there is no stopping it.
— Sylvia Plath